1) Say thanks and give a link to the presenter of the award.
2) We are born and raised Texas girls but we did spend a short time of our lives in Florida and the US Virgin Islands in the ’80’s.
3) We are Christian women, moms, wives, maids, short-order cooks, etc….the list goes on…..
4) Whitney is a stay-at-home mom to 2 girls and 1 boy: Avery 6, Hayden 5 and Chase 3.
5) Ashley works part-time coaching competitive cheer at an all-star gym and is the mother to two boys: Kade 9 and Tris 6.
6) We are obsessed with shanty shopping and have too much FUN in the process…..
Just a little trim……
Now that’s a wine glass……. 6) We should probably go ahead and mention that we have made it a rule that when we shanty shop we must dress in shanty attire……
This garb may be a little too shanty…notice the super cute bowling set (from Spice in Waco TX) that inspired us to make our Vintage Bowling Set
8. How our blog started: We both moved into new homes within the past 6 months and we were getting together regularly to paint, destruct and reconstruct, create and find items for our homes. We decided 2 months ago to document our projects and it has grown from there. We love being inspired by all of your wonderful ideas!
9. We are not lucky enough to have our husband’s help us with our projects in a timely manor (meaning immediately when we ask) so we are constantly educating ourselves on new tools to further our creativity!
10. We are super excited to announce that we will be hosting our very first Link Party and Give Away Thursday October 8! The theme for the party is ‘I Made it Without my Hubby’ to honor all of you women who have made projects without the help of your significant other! It can be ANYTHING as long as it was made without the Mr. We can’t wait to be inspired by all of your creations!
Now for our nominees in random order:
1 ~ Eating Our Way Around DFW ~ Our wonderful Aunt Laura for her restaurant blog!
2~ The Kirk Krew ~ Our wonderful cousin Jennifer for her cute family blog.
3~ Funky Junk Interiors ~ We love her use of tools and her ‘I can do it myself’ attitude!
4~ Flower Patch Farm Girl ~ Her bathroom and kitchen renovation says it all!
5~ Twice Remembered ~ Love her style and that RED kitchen! Cutest blog!
6~ Beneath My Heart ~ Super inspirational!
7~ Living with Lindsay ~ This girl knows her hot glue gun!