Ashley’s Burlap Wall Monogram

Hi all!  I hope this post finds you having a great Sunday with your family!  My family is super busy with make-up baseball games right now since it has rained for the last three weeks but I have still managed to sneak in some craft time!  My latest project is another revamp.  You may remember my Decoupage I posted a few months ago.  Well, it’s not that I don’t like it, it just wasn’t the look I was going for in my bedroom.  It was nice while it lasted but I had a lightbulb moment one day that I couldn’t ignore!
This is what it started as….
It’s no secret we are big fans of burlap right now!  You just can’t beat the price and I love the texture for this time of year.
I purchased each canvas at Hobby Lobby for $5.00!
I used this Easy Tacker that I purchased at Hobby Lobby with a 40% off coupon for $4.00…
to staple the burlap around the back of each canvas.  I started at the top and bottom by pulling tight and stapling as I went (so easy).
I then moved on to the sides making sure to fold the corners very clean and secured them with staples as well.
Now for the stencils!  Since Santa has not brought me a Cricut Expression yet I had to get clever and make my own LARGE stencils! After scouring google for a large letter to no avail, I retreated to my Microsoft Office Word for help!  I opened a new document and inserted word art.  From there, I chose my font (Script MT Bold), typed the letter I wanted, sized it and clicked print!
I cut out the letter from each page to form a stencil.  A little dry brush of Americana Burnt Umber Acrylic with a stencil brush…..
4 nail heads hammered in the corners, 2 in the center….
and a bow stapled to the back for hanging make this project complete!
Before….
After!
I used the same hooks that I bought for the Decoupage for $3.00 each at Hobby Lobby!  The burlap was under $2.00 per yard and I used just a little over a yard!
The T is for our last name, the a is for my name and the j is for my hubby!  I love my new Burlap Wall Monogram!  You can’t beat the price and I love the texture it brings to my bedroom!
Don’t Forget!
I Made it with Gorilla Glue Link Party and Giveaway November 5!
Info on the party HERE!
Grab our BUTTON to Help get the word out!

I will also be sharing this over at DIY Day at A Soft Place to Land!

I will also be linking up here!!!

The Shabby Chic Cottage

post signature

1. mkelton24 on October 26, 2009 at 3:07 am

I too am in love with burlap right now! I needed a larger than normal shower curtain- which if custom made sould be expensive. I made one out of burlap, added a little fringe to the bottom and great little hooks at the top!

2. { L } on October 26, 2009 at 3:05 am

Another winner! I want one. 😀

3. Kimm at Reinvented on October 25, 2009 at 11:54 pm

Well, I would say that it's fabulous, but I've come to expect nothing less from you two!! I have a stenciled monogram above our bed too, but mine is stenciled on a thrift store wooden plaque that I painted over. love love love the burlap version!

4. Sandy on October 25, 2009 at 10:41 pm

They turned out great, I love them. Thanks for sharing the ideal.
    Sandy

5. Denise Sabia on October 25, 2009 at 10:37 pm

You girls sure love your Burlap!! I'm right there with you. How did we ever live without it!!!
    Thanks for the great ideas! Keep it up!

6. Traci @ Beneath My Heart on October 25, 2009 at 9:12 pm

Girl…I love it! We are kindred spirits. I have bought 5 yards of burlap from HL this week! I just finished a burlap project and have three more in the works. I am a "burlap babe", or maybe a "burlap beauty"? I prefer the last one.
    Great job!
    Traci

7. Beverly @ The Buzz on October 25, 2009 at 8:01 pm

Thanks for the info on the stencil. I recently recovered a small footstool and wanted to put a monogram on it, but couldn't find what I wanted. Now I know how!

8. Aubree @ The Weathered Cottage on October 25, 2009 at 6:52 pm

that's cute! ok so i made my way over here from ucreate, and must say, you NEED to show us how to do the piping on the chair like you did!
    PRETTY PLEASE??

9. Nancy on October 25, 2009 at 6:45 pm

Very cool! Such a quick project!

Nancy

10. Get Your Martha On on October 25, 2009 at 6:37 pm

I nominated you two crafty ladies as "Kreativ Bloggers" on my blog. Stop by when you get a chance!

11. [email protected] on October 25, 2009 at 5:14 pm

that turned out so great!! I love those wall hooks, too.

I hope your cricut is waiting for you under your christmas tree 🙂

12. [email protected] on October 25, 2009 at 4:57 pm

OMGOSH!!! I have the stuff to make the SAME thing, but I'm doing it on one bigger canvas…. I LOVE the way yours turned out….I live in Alabama, and we monogram everything we can get our hands on down here!

13. Cindy on October 25, 2009 at 4:51 pm

I just did a stenciled monogram on burlap project yesterday for my daughter's birthday party. Posted about it here:
    Burlap looks fab stenciled, and your monogram is so cute. I have those same hooks from hobby blobby. :o)
    peace.

14. CourtneyKeb on October 25, 2009 at 4:28 pm

I like how it's subtle and personal at the same time! Super cute!

15. CECOAKLEY on October 25, 2009 at 4:14 pm

This is so cute I love it! I had no idea there were so many thing to use burlap for until this month!

16. Jill on October 25, 2009 at 4:04 pm

LOVE! Thank you for my burlap fix this morning!
    -Jill

17. Kimmy @ my beautifully blessed life on October 25, 2009 at 3:52 pm

Love that!! Simply adorable.

18. [email protected] on October 25, 2009 at 3:40 pm

I love it ! I'm going on a field trip to Hobby Lobby for the first time today !!

19. pk on October 25, 2009 at 3:33 pm

These turned out so CUTE! Love the idea. Wouldn't they be fun with nailheads around the border too? Hope you're having a good day!

pk @ Room Remix

20. Craig, Blair and Turbo Skousen on October 25, 2009 at 3:30 pm

This is so cute!!! I love that idea. I want a Cricut too!