Shanty Wreath Hangers

Hi all!  So, we have been dying to share with you a fun project that we created for our friends at Gorilla Glue.  Last month they asked us to create a fun winter project, with a tutorial, to share with their Tough Team Members.  It is now up for viewing on their Tough Team Page HERE but we are also going to share our tutorial here with you all!

Here are the supplies needed to make your own!
1 large unfinished wood plaque

1 wood spindle
1 unfinished wood final
1 iron hook
1 small unfinished wood plaque
Gorilla Glue Epoxy
Now let’s create!!!!
We started by drilling a hole in the top of each spindle.
Next, we mixed the Gorilla Glue Epoxy (with the applicator) and spread it over the top of the spindle. Then screw the finial into the top of the spindle
Spread Gorilla Glue Epoxy on the bottom of the finial and attach to the center of the large unfinished wood plaque.
Then, we spray painted the wreath hanger and the small unfinished wood plaque.  We choose our favorite Heirloom White by Rust-Oleum!
We distressed the edges and corners with our 3M sanding blocks
and then painted on Minwax Dark Walnut stain on the distressed areas.
A little Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze love (paint on ~ wipe off) and it’s time for the final details!
Drill the iron hook on to the small unfinished wood plaque, screw the plaque on to the wreath hanger and finish off with a fun winter wreath!

What better way to welcome the winter than with a decorative wreath hanger! These were so easy, inexpensive and can be used throughout the year ~ the best kind of DIY!
Tutorials on the wreaths coming soon!!!!!!

1. once in a blue moon... on December 3, 2009 at 5:27 am

super idea!

2. Lana K. W. Austin on December 3, 2009 at 3:40 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE IT!!! I've absolutely been thrilled by everything you two ladies have been doing. I am new to blogland…and please don't think I've been stalkin' ya'll, but I'm going to do an "Ode To S2C" in an upcoming blog because ya'll have been so inspiring!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I'll email more info on me later…but suffice it to say that I'm a retired (HA! Retired a few years ago & now am only 38–I wanted to have babies!!) Christian musician (on indie label, but had the AWESOME blessing of being produced by Barlow Girl's producer/recording w/ DC Talk folks, etc. )and am still a journalist/artist/songwriter/designer. You guys are truly one of my FAVE sites.
    MANY BLESSINGS TO YOU!
    Love, hugs and turquoise joy,
    Lana

3. Yvonne @ StoneGable on December 3, 2009 at 3:35 am

I flaged this post. I am going make this a group project. These would make a fabulous gift. I just love your tutorials. They are very well done. Thank you so much for your great gifts of fun projects!
    Yvonne

4. Yellow Rose Arbor on December 3, 2009 at 2:51 am

Thanks for the tutorial! I like all of them!

Katherine

5. Martha on December 3, 2009 at 2:34 am

How clever!

6. Gina @ The Shabby Chic Cottage on December 3, 2009 at 2:27 am

Gorgeous! Can't wait to see the wreath tutorial, too!

7. Debilou~Mississippi Mama on December 2, 2009 at 7:52 pm

I love this,, amazing what can be created with just a few items and an imagination.. thanks for sharing

8. Jamie Hamblin on December 2, 2009 at 5:25 pm

Have you posted how to do the cording staple for re-upholstering furniture?

9. melissa * 320 Sycamore on December 2, 2009 at 3:51 pm

Oh my goodness..did you see that your JOY plaques WON over at Michaels??? Congratulations!

10. Lovely Scribbles on December 2, 2009 at 3:03 pm

This is yet another great project! I just can't get enough of your creative ideas. Love it! Pssst…I left a little something for you over on my blog on yesterday's post. 🙂

11. Amanda on December 2, 2009 at 2:53 pm

total cuteness!!!

12. Kari @ Ucreate on December 2, 2009 at 6:53 am

This is AMAZING! I really LOVE this!!

13. steffany on December 2, 2009 at 4:45 am

Love it, LOVE IT! I can't wait to try it.

14. asnipofgoodness on December 2, 2009 at 4:28 am

I really like this one, and I might just try it myself, thanks for sharing!

15. Virginia's Looking Glass on December 2, 2009 at 2:18 am

I just got all my stuff for the magnetic recipe holder now I have to go back out again!!! 🙂
    Keep the projects coming, as long as I can afford gas in my car and all my "no really I found it lying around in the garage" supplies, I will keep building! Learned to use the chopsaw this weekend! 🙂 LOVE your ideas…love them!!!!!

16. Linda @ Craftaholics Anonymous on December 2, 2009 at 1:18 am

Love those wreath hangers! Total winner!
    Linda

17. Hopeful Housewife on December 2, 2009 at 12:51 am

I love this idea! You girls never cease to amaze me!

18. Sharon on December 2, 2009 at 12:48 am

What a great idea! wouldn't that be pretty beside the fire place.

19. sleepyhead designs studio on December 2, 2009 at 12:21 am

So cute-could even do a smaller version for a centerpiece. Yall are so creative!

20. sleepyhead designs studio on December 2, 2009 at 12:21 am