Shanty Wreath Hangers

Hi all!  So, we have been dying to share with you a fun project that we created for our friends at Gorilla Glue.  Last month they asked us to create a fun winter project, with a tutorial, to share with their Tough Team Members.  It is now up for viewing on their Tough Team Page HERE but we are also going to share our tutorial here with you all!

Here are the supplies needed to make your own!
1 large unfinished wood plaque

1 wood spindle
1 unfinished wood final
1 iron hook
1 small unfinished wood plaque
Gorilla Glue Epoxy
Now let’s create!!!!
We started by drilling a hole in the top of each spindle.
Next, we mixed the Gorilla Glue Epoxy (with the applicator) and spread it over the top of the spindle. Then screw the finial into the top of the spindle
Spread Gorilla Glue Epoxy on the bottom of the finial and attach to the center of the large unfinished wood plaque.
Then, we spray painted the wreath hanger and the small unfinished wood plaque.  We choose our favorite Heirloom White by Rust-Oleum!
We distressed the edges and corners with our 3M sanding blocks
and then painted on Minwax Dark Walnut stain on the distressed areas.
A little Ralph Lauren Smoke Glaze love (paint on ~ wipe off) and it’s time for the final details!
Drill the iron hook on to the small unfinished wood plaque, screw the plaque on to the wreath hanger and finish off with a fun winter wreath!

What better way to welcome the winter than with a decorative wreath hanger! These were so easy, inexpensive and can be used throughout the year ~ the best kind of DIY!
Tutorials on the wreaths coming soon!!!!!!

1. Melanie on May 11, 2010 at 5:51 am

Love it! Just finished my FIRST one- already have the stuff to make another one. Here is a pic and an Ode to Shanty2Chic!

2. Vanessa on January 13, 2010 at 8:52 pm

I really enjoyed this project. Thanks SO much for posting it.

3. Wendy @ The Shabby Nest on December 21, 2009 at 6:12 pm

Such a cute idea!

4. Katarzyna on December 20, 2009 at 2:45 am

Such a great Idea!!! Love it!

5. Miss G on December 18, 2009 at 12:50 am

fantastic! thanks so much for sharing! kelly

6. Stephanie ~ Angelic Accents on December 11, 2009 at 9:52 pm

Beautiful! Great use for spindles and plaques! Love it! Thanks for sharing!

Please come visit all my holiday home posts as I've linked to a few parties, too!

Big TX Hugs,
    Stephanie
    Angelic Accents

7. Lamp Tramp on December 11, 2009 at 3:40 am

Love your wreath hangers…so creative and you make it look so easy! You girls are so talented and I love seeing the awesome things you come up with!
    xoxo!

8. Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions on December 8, 2009 at 6:31 pm

Love it! What a great gift idea for someone who does wreaths all year, too!

9. heidi on December 8, 2009 at 3:50 am

Oooh, I love this!! Thanks for sharing!

10. Miss Mustard Seed on December 8, 2009 at 3:14 am

Those wreath hangers are such a great idea! It's nice that you can palce it anywhere, not jsut on a door or wall. You are two clever girls.

11. Devon on December 7, 2009 at 9:03 pm

Love this! Absolutely beautiful! Just wondering if you could do something similar in a stocking hanger? But how to get the weight you would need…. 🙂 Thanks for the inspiration!

12. Patriotic Mom on December 4, 2009 at 2:22 pm

Thank you so much for sharing this with us! I love it and love hanging wreaths. I have a wrought iron wreath hanger but want to try this one too. I wish you had added where you purchase your materials. I cannot wait to see what else you make. I posted your link on my facebook page so that my friends will go to your site too!

13. myrepurposedlife.blogspot.com on December 3, 2009 at 11:27 pm

I really love this idea! thanks for such a great tutorial!
    gail

14. marty (A Stroll Thru Life) on December 3, 2009 at 6:04 pm

Oh this is so clever and what a great idea. It looks just stunning. Thanks also for the wonderful tutorial. It really helps to see how things are done. I hope you will be joining us for hte "Holiday Cloche Party". I will have Mr. Linky up tonight. See you there. Hugs, Marty

15. sweetjeanette on December 3, 2009 at 5:42 am

I absolutely love the wreath holder!!!! Can I be on your Christmas list??? LOL

sweetjeanette.blogspot.com

16. Teri on December 3, 2009 at 5:27 am

Love the wreath hangers! Great job!