Bathroom Mirror Quick Fix ~ DIY

Are you sick of your boring bathroom mirrors?  Do you want a chic look at a shanty price?  How about revamping them by yourself in minutes?   If you answered yes to any of these questions then you are in a place I was several months ago.  I found my quick fix with Mirredge!
One of the first projects I wanted to start on in my house was the boring builders stock mirrors.  My plan was to take off the mirrors and replace them with framed mirrors ~ even on sale they would be very expensive and I have many other projects to spend money on.  So, I opted to save my money and wait.  That is until I came across Mirredge

MirrEdge

Whitney came over and we got to work!
I started with the boys bathroom.  ANYONE can do this but I would like to show you exactly how I did it!
Mirredge comes packaged in sets of two so I bought 2 sets ~ one set for the horizontal trim and one for the vertical trim.
 I then bought 1 set of 4 corner plates. They cover the seams and add a nice aesthetic touch.
The trim is 59.5” long, so roughly 5’. The instructions say to measure each piece on the mirror, score and then crisply snap the trim to get the right fit. I used the circular saw because it was a tad faster. Measure the vertical strips first and then the horizontal. After you cut them down to size there are double-sided adhesive pads that come with the trim – just peel and stick (we put 4 to 5 on each strip).  Then add small dabs of a liquid adhesive next to each adhesive pad (i.e. Liquid Nails is a low cost option that works well).
Then you just press the trim onto the mirror!
Once you have all of the trim up it’s time for the corner plates. No cutting here ~just peel and stick the double sided, adhesive, strips and fit to each corner!

Remember the Before…
and here is the AFTER!
I just love how custom my boys mirror looks now and it completely transformed their whole bathroom! Total time invested – 30 minutes! I highly recommend this product to anyone that wants a chic look in minutes!
Okay, so I loved this product so much that I went back to the store that night to get more trim for my master bathroom.
This line also carries seam plates that cover seams when you need more than 5’ of trim. My master mirror needed about 6 ft. on the horizontal pieces so I bought 1 set of 2 seam plates.
You want the seams in the center of the mirror for aesthetic purposes so I had to buy 1 set of trim for the top and 1 for the bottom and then 1 set for the vertical sides. I measured the horizontal pieces so that they met in the center and followed up with the same steps we used for the boys bathroom. When I was done I added the seam plates to cover the seams in the center with the double sided, adhesive, pads and that was it. I LOVE MY MASTER BATH SO MUCH MORE NOW! Total time invested – 30 minutes!

Before…
After!
I had so much trim left over that I decided to do my half bath also!  The only purchase I made for this mirror was the corner plates!
At the end of the day I had customized three bathroom mirrors / which in turn transformed all three bathrooms (in about 1.5 hours) ~ it just doesn’t get any better than that folks!
Mirredge is available in many styles and colors.  I purchased the Cherry Walnut.  You can go HERE to see a list of styles and colors!
You can purchase Mirredge at select Home Depot stores or on the Home Depot Website.
You can also visit HERE for an online order form!
This is the perfect time of year to begin new projects and I can promise you this one is so quick and easy!!!  Happy New Year to you ALL!
~Ashley

MirrEdge

post signature

1. [email protected] home to dream home on January 4, 2010 at 6:47 am

This is a future project of mine.. but I just have too many projects before this one. Maybe I can move this to the "bored on saturday" project??

2. Really Rainey on January 4, 2010 at 6:13 am

Fantastic! That's exactly what I need! I have those darn builders Mirrors! I'm going to give it a try! Thanks for the photo follow along instructions!
    Have a great week!
    ~Really Rainey~

3. susan on January 4, 2010 at 5:27 am

I have seen a product similar to this online, but I thought it was a little pricey. Yours turned out beautifully. I'll have to hop over and check out their website. Thanks for the tips. I could use this in several places!

4. ~ RM on January 4, 2010 at 4:57 am

THose are wonderful! I wish I had these before I took that ig ol' mirror out of our bathroom! I just replaced it with a large framed mirror- this would have been so much cheaper/easier!

Check out my blog- I'm having my first giveaway!

5. Michelle on January 4, 2010 at 4:37 am

That's awesome! Love the before and after pictures. I can't wait to try this!

6. Carisa on January 4, 2010 at 4:35 am

That is an awesome product. I might need to use it in my hallway bathroom. I wonder if it comes in white…

Mrs. Petrie @ casapetrie.com/blog/

7. Carol on January 4, 2010 at 3:16 am

I have to agree the Builder's mirrors are a sight for sore eyes..totally ugly.
    Been looking at a re-do, and a bit of re silvering on a bottom mirror.
    My other option was to remove and buy new. Just never found anything that caught my eye.
    This is a PERFECT solution.
    Hugs to you for sharing

8. Domestic Goddess..Diva sometimes on January 4, 2010 at 3:09 am

I've been wanting to do this. Now, do you have to remove the clips from the top of the mirror? I'm assuming yes but I don't want to mess things up. 🙂 Thanks!

9. Barb @ GritsandGlamour on January 4, 2010 at 2:43 am

I have heard of similiar kits, but this one seems the best of them. The transformation is wonderful. Thx for sharing. Blessings, Barb

10. Sandy on January 4, 2010 at 2:26 am

What a great product, I had those mirrors all over my other house, wish they were making it then. Thanks for sharing.
    Sandy

11. Kammy on January 4, 2010 at 2:01 am

LOVE IT
    LOVE IT
    LOVE IT

That is my favorite accent piece…I found 2 more at the thrift store – of all places a couple of weeks ago…never thought to use it on a mirror –

DID I SAY
    LOVE IT
    LOVE IT
    LOVE IT

Happy New Year !
    Kammy

12. Vivian on January 4, 2010 at 1:46 am

I have never heard of this product. I have a mirror in my bathroom that I need to do that to. Thanks for sharing.

13. Glenda/MidSouth on January 4, 2010 at 1:41 am

Thanks so much! I have looked for something like that . My mirrors need help!

14. Brockett's on January 4, 2010 at 1:32 am

I saw this on another blog and was so excited I ran straight to Home Depot and then Lowes and neither one in my area carry it!! I was sooo bummed!!

15. Diann on January 4, 2010 at 1:21 am

What a cool product! Nice job!

16. Ki on January 4, 2010 at 12:28 am

Great blog! Learned about you from a friend on Facebook. Will be back.
    Happy New Year,
    Ki

17. Penny on January 3, 2010 at 11:10 pm

Love love love, I will be doing this project. I had been planning to do this with wood trim but this looks much easier and quicker. Thanks for another great project.
    Penny

18. kakalderman on January 3, 2010 at 9:28 pm

Pretty! My husband did all our bathroom mirrors for me a while back using trim from the hardware and store and staining it. He tried everything to get them to stick to the mirror and ended up with . . . double stick tape. They are fabulous. He caulked around the inside of the mirrors to finish it off. I agree that it is a great fixer to a stock mirror.

19. Denissa on January 3, 2010 at 8:28 pm

I love it!! Definitely checking it out! Thanks 🙂

20. Mortensen Family on January 3, 2010 at 7:58 pm

This is something I have got to do! Can't believe how fancy this makes the mirror look– and it seems so easy!