Bathroom Mirror Quick Fix ~ DIY

Are you sick of your boring bathroom mirrors?  Do you want a chic look at a shanty price?  How about revamping them by yourself in minutes?   If you answered yes to any of these questions then you are in a place I was several months ago.  I found my quick fix with Mirredge!
One of the first projects I wanted to start on in my house was the boring builders stock mirrors.  My plan was to take off the mirrors and replace them with framed mirrors ~ even on sale they would be very expensive and I have many other projects to spend money on.  So, I opted to save my money and wait.  That is until I came across Mirredge

MirrEdge

Whitney came over and we got to work!
I started with the boys bathroom.  ANYONE can do this but I would like to show you exactly how I did it!
Mirredge comes packaged in sets of two so I bought 2 sets ~ one set for the horizontal trim and one for the vertical trim.
 I then bought 1 set of 4 corner plates. They cover the seams and add a nice aesthetic touch.
The trim is 59.5” long, so roughly 5’. The instructions say to measure each piece on the mirror, score and then crisply snap the trim to get the right fit. I used the circular saw because it was a tad faster. Measure the vertical strips first and then the horizontal. After you cut them down to size there are double-sided adhesive pads that come with the trim – just peel and stick (we put 4 to 5 on each strip).  Then add small dabs of a liquid adhesive next to each adhesive pad (i.e. Liquid Nails is a low cost option that works well).
Then you just press the trim onto the mirror!
Once you have all of the trim up it’s time for the corner plates. No cutting here ~just peel and stick the double sided, adhesive, strips and fit to each corner!

Remember the Before…
and here is the AFTER!
I just love how custom my boys mirror looks now and it completely transformed their whole bathroom! Total time invested – 30 minutes! I highly recommend this product to anyone that wants a chic look in minutes!
Okay, so I loved this product so much that I went back to the store that night to get more trim for my master bathroom.
This line also carries seam plates that cover seams when you need more than 5’ of trim. My master mirror needed about 6 ft. on the horizontal pieces so I bought 1 set of 2 seam plates.
You want the seams in the center of the mirror for aesthetic purposes so I had to buy 1 set of trim for the top and 1 for the bottom and then 1 set for the vertical sides. I measured the horizontal pieces so that they met in the center and followed up with the same steps we used for the boys bathroom. When I was done I added the seam plates to cover the seams in the center with the double sided, adhesive, pads and that was it. I LOVE MY MASTER BATH SO MUCH MORE NOW! Total time invested – 30 minutes!

Before…
After!
I had so much trim left over that I decided to do my half bath also!  The only purchase I made for this mirror was the corner plates!
At the end of the day I had customized three bathroom mirrors / which in turn transformed all three bathrooms (in about 1.5 hours) ~ it just doesn’t get any better than that folks!
Mirredge is available in many styles and colors.  I purchased the Cherry Walnut.  You can go HERE to see a list of styles and colors!
You can purchase Mirredge at select Home Depot stores or on the Home Depot Website.
You can also visit HERE for an online order form!
This is the perfect time of year to begin new projects and I can promise you this one is so quick and easy!!!  Happy New Year to you ALL!
~Ashley

MirrEdge

post signature

1. [email protected] on September 26, 2012 at 3:20 am

which dirrection do i fix mirror in my toliet pl mail me in my mail ID [email protected]

2. Liz on April 27, 2012 at 2:34 pm

Looks great, and thirty minutes sounds great, but what did you do about the mirror brackets? Did you have to replace them with clips? Because that would be the time consuming part, and the brackets won’t allow the trim to be flush.. Please email with response, love your site it’s my fav, and its an inspiration to a lot of my projects!

3. Stacey @ Fun to Craft on January 18, 2010 at 5:29 pm

I did this in my last house to both of our bathroom mirrors only I had to do it from scratch. I just used molding and cute corner decals I found. I didn't know they made something like this already for you! I am going to have to try it out at our new place!

4. Julie Bagamary on January 7, 2010 at 11:21 pm

Great idea and beautiful!

5. Lei on January 7, 2010 at 3:08 am

FABULOUS!

6. Jen @ Just for Rachel on January 6, 2010 at 6:51 pm

That is such a great idea, and it looks amazing!! Well done! I love your site, you two have such great idea's and talents!

7. Kaye on January 6, 2010 at 4:08 pm

I've seen this done on DIY shows, but thought you had to buy trim equivalent to crown molding or such and I just wasn't into that kind of work. Since they sell a product just for this (BRILLIANT), I might have to seriously consider it now! Thanks for the tip as well as for the recommendation of where to get it!

8. Anita on January 6, 2010 at 4:40 am

Your mirrors look great. I am going to try this in my master bath. Thanks for sharing!

9. Cindy @ Chalk it Up! on January 5, 2010 at 10:32 pm

WHat a difference it really looks great! I will be doing this in my bathroom, me thinks!:)

10. Angie @ The Shabby Chic Cottage on January 5, 2010 at 5:03 pm

That is great! What a great find! Thanks for the tip!

11. Tiffany on January 5, 2010 at 4:17 pm

Oh, thank you so much for sharing this info! This would make a HUGE difference in our bathrooms and I have been wanting to do this for so long! Yours turned out fabulous!

12. Delightful Dwelling on January 5, 2010 at 2:51 pm

I have this exact same stuff that I bought on clearance at Lowe's a couple months ago. We are giving our master bathroom a makeoever and when I went to put these strips on last night, there were no adhesive squares in the package! I thought they were included, but none of mine had them.

We tried using liquid nails, but I needed something thicker to make it lay flush. Now I have to go hunt for black adhesive squares. We tried white ones, but you can seem them because the trim doesn't lay flush.

13. Anny on January 5, 2010 at 4:34 am

I'd never heard of this product – thank you for the link! It looks so easy 😀

14. Heidi on January 5, 2010 at 4:08 am

Love the final look! Really finishes it off nicely!

15. deborah on January 5, 2010 at 1:50 am

what a fabulous fix for builder grade mirrors. Love the custom look. Thanks for sharing the idea and the DIY tutorial! Deborah

16. Treasia Stepp on January 4, 2010 at 4:34 pm

Thanks so much for sharing this with us. I have one mirror I want to customize and this would be perfect. Going to check it out now.

17. Sally on January 4, 2010 at 2:44 pm

I am so impressed. Been wanting to do something like that forever! As soon as I can get to Home Depot my mirrors will be as pretty as yours!
    Thanks!

18. winjes on January 4, 2010 at 12:41 pm

Love this! Been trying to figure out how to trip the mirrors for several years and this looks so easy.

only question I have is what do you do with the little plastic clips that are screwed into the sheetrock holding the mirror up?

Any ideas?