Napkin Rings for Any Occasion!!

Happy Wednesday! I want to share a fun and super easy project I did today.  I’m not much of a tablescaper but I do love to add a bit of fun here and there.  I made napkin rings that can be easily customized… and they are super cheap!
You only need a few supplies for this one!
I used metal drapery rings with clips for my napkin rings.  I found mine at Hobby Lobby for $6.99 for 12 with no sale or coupon.  You can also find them at Lowe’s, JoAnn’s and many other stores.  They come in lots of different finishes.  I was originally going to paint mine but I really liked the bronze finish with my other decor.
I also purchased several pieces of coordinating scrapbook papers from Hobby Lobby.
The possibilities are endless for these napkin rings but I will show you a few that I came up with.  For two of mine I was able to use my Cricut Expression Machine with my new Songbird Font Cartridge… Love it!!
I used the machine to cut out a tag shape with one piece of paper.
I then cut the same shape 1/2″ smaller with a different sheet of paper.
I glued those together and cut a “G” out to finish it off.  I love using our initials on almost everything 🙂
You then just attach a ring to it and you are finished… that easy and that cute!
I made these for Easter… I thought the colors and pattern was perfect!
I also made some that coordinated with the colors in my dining room.
I used the same technique, just different paper and shapes.
I used my Cricut Storybook Font for this tag.
Finally, I couldn’t resist my addiction love of burlap.  I used some black acrylic paint to stencil numbers on small pieces of burlap.  After they dried I attached them to a ring and I was done…. LOVE it 🙂  Anything burlap with numbers pretty much does it for me!
Thanks so much for stopping by guys!  For under $10 this is a great project that can be revamped and changed all year round.  I hope you like it!

post signature

1. HouseMama on February 25, 2010 at 5:56 am

OMGosh – I cannot believe Ralph wasn't invited to dinner. Tee hee.
    Love this idea! So easy to match your table.

2. DeeDee on February 25, 2010 at 5:17 am

Such a cute idea.and cheap too..I was waiting for the burlap….I knew you would not let me down…Happy Easter celebration to you and your family.

3. Goings on at the Glenn's on February 25, 2010 at 4:51 am

cute cute idea! And so much cheaper than buying "napkin rings" made to be napkin rings!

4. Mama Thompson on February 25, 2010 at 2:26 am

Such a great idea…thanks for sharing…I actually have 4 extra clippy rings from the curtain I just hung…now I know what I can use them for:)

5. [email protected] on February 25, 2010 at 2:21 am

origional & nifty idea!

6. One Cheap B*tch on February 25, 2010 at 2:00 am

Love the burlap one the best! I'm totally trying these! =)

7. Christy on February 25, 2010 at 2:00 am

This is a fabulous idea and frugal too. Its a double wow!

8. **** April **** on February 25, 2010 at 12:58 am

You gotta just love that Cricut! 🙂 Never thought of doign that but what a CUTE way to really personalize placesettings too!

9. Sjn on February 25, 2010 at 12:47 am

A clever use of drapery rings. I'll be investing in a few pkgs for this purpose myself!

10. Tales From My Empty Nest on February 25, 2010 at 12:41 am

What a cute idea and I love those rings with the clips. I want to look for some of those. Love & blessings from NC!

11. Peridots Garden Blog on February 25, 2010 at 12:35 am

What a clever idea!

The perfect gift for a house warming party!

Wow, I love seeing what can be accomplished with the Cricut Expression Machine…makes me want to buy one…and I have no experience in paper craft art.

Thank you for sharing!

Sandy

12. Cottage Dreamers on February 25, 2010 at 12:28 am

That is such a good idea! I really need to remember this one! ☺ Celeste

13. Tina on February 25, 2010 at 12:26 am

Another fantastic project!! I love them all, but my favourite would definitely be the burlap ones:) Thank you so much for sharing, now I just have to convince my husband that a cricut machine is a necessity:) ~ Tina x

14. WestSacHoney on February 25, 2010 at 12:16 am

Oh for the love of Cricut I've been debating on this for over a week now after I searched Craigslist and I keep thinking I won't use it that often but then I see these pretty ideas using the Cricut and I want it again. What do you think should i get it?!

15. Kelly @ Make It Sparkly Mama on February 25, 2010 at 12:11 am

Wow, that is super creative! Awesome!

16. Jeanette on February 25, 2010 at 12:06 am

That is just too cute! I love it.

17. mmtncrfts on February 24, 2010 at 11:59 pm

ok, now that is just too darn smart! Sooo cute. Don't you just love the Cricut. Thanks for sharing.

mmtncrfts.blogspot.com

18. Laura Ingalls Gunn on February 24, 2010 at 11:56 pm

What a clever and creative touch for the dinner table.

19. KirkKrew on February 24, 2010 at 11:41 pm

So cute! It would fun to run them through the Cuttlebug too and add some extra texture. Love your ideas (as usual!). I'm so ready for Spring Break so I can work on some projects.

20. the thrifty ba on February 24, 2010 at 11:17 pm

i dont like…
    i LOVE! perfect wedding gift!