My First Touches of Fall!

Hey guys!! Happy Fall… Whoop!! I’m so excited to finally be saying that!  After way too many weeks of 100+ degree weather here in Texas I have never been so happy for Fall.  I just wanted to show you my first few touches.  I ran across these cuties in the paint section at Lowe’s several months ago.

I loved them! They are perfect for so many things and I was finally inspired to actually purchase one when the pumpkins came out this year… Woohoo!  I just bought a bunch of different pumpkins and gourds from a local nursery and put them in the tub.

Not much of a tutorial here 🙂  Just fill it up and put it on a table somewhere.  I used mine for my dining table centerpiece.  It will be great during Winter too filled with other goodies!  Great $10 investment… Thank you Lowe’s!
I also wanted to do a pumpkin stack in my entry right by the stairs.  I bought these super cute pumpkins in different sizes so I could stack them… So cute… And it required no spray paint 😉

I also found these great silver pumpkins at Marshall’s last week!  I paid $13 for both together which I thought was a steal!  They look like they came from Pottery Barn with a much prettier price tag.

Here are just a few more touches I added this week.  I found this great galvanized container at Michael’s for $3 on clearance.  My younger sister and I ran across these cherry blossom stems at Michael’s too.  I am very anti-silk flowers in my own home but these were so cute to me!!  I added a bit of dried curly willow in with it.

I also found this antique rice bowl at my trip to Round Top last Fall.  I change it out with different goodies and for now it is full of baby pumpkins and gourds.  Did I mention that I LOVE Fall :)!??

So again… Not really a tutorial here but I did want to show you a few ways I am changing out the seasons at my house.  Have you gals been getting ready for Fall??  We would love to see some of your pics! Link them up to our Facebook page so we can see them and share them with our other readers!!  Have a happy Monday… I am going outside!!

post signature

1. katskraps4kids on October 6, 2010 at 8:00 pm

Just beautiful! & I adore that box in the last pic!

2. Laura Ingalls Gunn on October 2, 2010 at 2:01 pm

Love those punkins.

If you have a moment, please stop by and enter my Fab Fall French Giveaway.

3. Suzanne@thriftstoredecorjunky on October 1, 2010 at 1:28 am

I love everything! Your place is stunning. You are a very creative decorator.

4. Linda Higgins on September 30, 2010 at 10:34 pm

OH I LOVE THE TUB I am off to Lowe's to see if I can find one! What an awesome idea. I love how clever you are and it all just came together! hugs and smiles, and YES, I am too ready for FALL, we too are experiencing melting weather it has been in the 100's still. Only today and hopefully next week it will start cooling off into the 90's and 80's…maybe…hugs and smiles…

5. aklatina on September 29, 2010 at 6:36 am

that looks great i love the silver pumpkins aswell! I need your coffee table! its adorable !

6. Cindy on September 29, 2010 at 3:20 am

Your Fall decor looks really great! I love using real gourds and pumpkins, I have gourds decorating my little house already, but no pumpkins yet. All I have ever seen are the orange ones, I am on the lookout for some like yours, with interesting colors and shapes.
    Hugs, Cindy

7. One Cheap B*tch on September 28, 2010 at 10:45 pm

I love your fall touches! Very pretty and those galvanized pails are great!

Jeanine

8. SalPal on September 28, 2010 at 6:06 pm

LOVE this! I am also ready for fall in the worst way. I love that rice bowl. I have decorated, so far, on the cheap, cheap — free!! I'm getting ready to go outside now and see what I can find in the woods 🙂

9. A Jennuine Life on September 28, 2010 at 5:30 pm

Very cute! I'm jealous because we can't have any pumpkins or gourds out as decor in our home. We have two labs and one is a champion counter-surfer and already got three mini pumpkins/gourds that were in a glass vase in the middle of our kitchen table. So, non-edible or outdoor decorations for us!

10. Katie on September 28, 2010 at 3:30 am

It WAS beautiful in Texas today!! Hoping it sticks around for the long haul. Loving those pumpkins!

11. 3LittleByrds on September 28, 2010 at 3:17 am

I love your touches of fall. It's definately felt like fall yesterday and today here in Texas which we are loving. We went for a nice long walk this evening with the kids and it was perfect. I love those cinderella pumpkins. We saw some beautiful ones Friday night at Central Market. I emailed you also. 🙂

12. Rustique Gal on September 28, 2010 at 2:15 am

Cute accessories, and so affordable! I love fall too, and the leaves are changing here in Massachusetts. I can't stay home-I'm "driven" to take pictures everywhere! I love your pumpkins, especially the stacked ones. Happy Fall!
    Sherry

13. Ann On and On... on September 28, 2010 at 1:34 am

I love Fall. Your decorations are motivating me to get mine up.

14. Erin on September 28, 2010 at 1:24 am

So simple and easy! Beautiful! F all is definitely my favorite season.. it's so fun to bring the outdoors inside. 🙂

15. Chrissie on September 28, 2010 at 12:28 am

Very nice. I love the stacked pumpkins!

16. ChicChat on September 27, 2010 at 11:56 pm

I love your blog! Thank you for sharing your cute ideas. I have the same galvanized tub and now I know what to do with it.

17. Carmen @ Life with Sprinkles on Top on September 27, 2010 at 10:12 pm

Cute touches for fall. I love those Cinderella pumpkins. I already bought one for my porch. 🙂

18. Stephanie Saunders on September 27, 2010 at 10:04 pm

I LOVE those galvanized metal tubs. I was sick of my kids tearing apart their hampers (that were made of canvas and metal rods from Land of Nod), so I decided on those. I spray-painted them, and they're awesome! And the kids can't break them. Or at least they haven't yet….

19. the thrifty ba on September 27, 2010 at 9:49 pm

love the stackable pumpkins! they are so perfect, they almost look fake

20. Madigan at madiganmade on September 27, 2010 at 9:30 pm

I always walk by those pails in the hardware store and KNOW they could be used for cute stuff. They look great as 'vases'.
    Lovely!

21. Michelle Hoad on September 27, 2010 at 9:05 pm

Today it finally feels like fall here in Texas. I felt silly putting out my fall decorations when it was 95 and we were still in swim suits. Now I can freely pumpkin and gourd my house.

22. Dana on September 27, 2010 at 9:03 pm

I love all of it! I have enjoyed looking at different blogs and seeing everyone's ideas. I am just crazy about Fall! That grey pumpkin in your stack is so cool looking. I've never seen one that color. I posted some pics on FB a few days ago. I'll try to figure out how to link to our post. Happy Fall!!

23. Shell on September 27, 2010 at 9:00 pm

Love your easy fall decor. I want one of those tall galvanized buckets soooo bad, guess I'll have to wait til I move back stateside next year.

24. Lorie on September 27, 2010 at 9:00 pm

It all looks great. This is our first Fall in Texas and I am loving the Cinderella pumpkins! They are really cute stacked!