Ruffle Christmas Trees!!

Yes girls… It’s that time again! Well, for me it comes a bit sooner in the year than most but I am pretty sure that is a hereditary thing (our mom puts on Christmas music in late September).  So… Let’s get to it!  Here is my latest project…

How cute are those?? I can only take credit for execution on this one.  My sweet friend/ partner-in-crime Erincame over for a craft day this week.  She told me she would be bringing lots of “goodies”!  Not only did she bring goodies… She also brought LOTS of super cute ideas! This is just one of them.
We started with a few supplies…
We started with some super cute ribbon from Hobby Lobby.
And a few styrofoam cones!
STOP! Don’t click the red X just yet!! I am hoping that this will be the post that I will finally convince all of you that you need both a basic sewing machine and a ruffler foot.  This is so super easy and everything is cuter with a ruffle 🙂
I ran one end of the ribbon through the ruffler and a few minutes later I was done.
I started by glueing the ruffles from the bottom to the top.  I used my hot glue gun at a low temp setting to keep it from melting the cone.
On this tree I alternated my ribbon on each row… Just because it’s cute.
We needed some feet for our trees and I quickly remembered the stash of wooden spindles I scored in Round Top that have been hiding in my garage.  My hubby has asked if he can throw them out about 16,465 times so I am sure he was happy to see at least two of them leave the pile.
I used my saw to cut off the ends of a couple of them to use as bases.  You can also use a candlestick like Erin did on her paper trees!
Then I gave them a coat of our very fav Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Heirloom White!
I also used it to paint these super cute mini finials I found at Hobby Lobby!
Finally, I glued my base to my bottom.
Yah, that’s a different tree but I will share that later 🙂
I glued my finial to the top and wrapped some twine around it just because it’s cute.  I had some little silver jingle bells that I tied on to each end.  That’s it!
Don’t you love them!?! So now is the time (if you have not already) to get a sewing machine and ruffler on that Christmas list!! It’s so easy… I promise!!

I hope you like trees because there are more to come :-)!!
Have a happy Friday!
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

post signature

1. dining room table on December 28, 2010 at 12:25 pm

I am planning of making this as my Christmas tree for the next year. Very pretty and I like the size.

2. dollystar on December 22, 2010 at 9:41 am

linda demais; simples de confeccionar e com efeito final deslumbrante e inusitado.
    Parabéns, Dolly

3. Amanda on December 22, 2010 at 3:37 am

Just dropping by to let you know that I linked to this post in a round up today from the Home & Garden channel at Craft Gossip. 🙂 This will appear in the main Craft Gossip RSS feed, on the main home page and can be found directly here

If you would like a "featured by" button, you can grab one here!

4. Inspire Me Heather on December 16, 2010 at 1:54 pm

I loved these trees (and the ones you just posted too) – I linked them up to my "Christmas trees" post today!!

5. tomiannie on December 13, 2010 at 6:07 pm

LOVE these! I had to make some and share them with you:

6. Kimbo West @ a girl and a glue gun on December 12, 2010 at 11:51 pm

I featured this cute thing on my blog today

kimboscrafts.blogspot.com

7. Katie @ This Chick Cooks on December 3, 2010 at 2:11 pm

I love this! Thanks for sharing. I am featuring it at Not Just Decorating. Feel free to grab a featured button if you'd like and have a great day 🙂

8. Stephanie (SandyChic) on December 1, 2010 at 1:56 am

Cute Cute Cute!! I tried it out for myself (without sewing the ruffle…). Didn't turn out as good. Next time I won't be so lazy ;)But still pretty happy with it!

Thanks so much!

9. Gay Vaughan on November 30, 2010 at 4:14 am

So cute! I HAD to make these and I posted on my blog with a link to you. I don't have a ruffle foot, so I did them the old fashioned way. I love them, thanks for sharing your ideas!
    ~Gay~
    itsahodgepodgelife.blogspot.com

10. Esbe Chic on November 24, 2010 at 3:39 pm
  11. Dacia on November 24, 2010 at 2:37 am

These are soooo cute!

12. Ms.Alethia on November 23, 2010 at 1:18 am

I love this project! What a great idea! I linked back to it from my blog on HOLIDAY PROJECTS at Sew Much Talent. It reminds meof a couple of ornaments that I did some years back; one was a christmas tree made from artifical leaves, and the other was an angel made using an empty serger thread cone. Check it out.

13. Lauren and Michele on November 22, 2010 at 12:10 am

We tried out your ruffle trees, 1st one was a learning experience and the 2nd one went great….it was fun, thanks for sharing. Heres our pixs..www.coffeeatthree.blogspot.com

Lauren and Michele

14. Jenny on November 19, 2010 at 6:51 pm
  15. BikerCandy on November 18, 2010 at 6:42 pm

I just had to say I love these! I already copied you. I'll be posting mine on my blog soon but I will definitely give you the credit and a linky dink on my blog. I didn't have a ruffler foot for my machine so I just did the old fashioned gathering way…but hey it still worked. I'm making them for gifts for co-workers and members in my stamp club. Thanks so much for a wonderful idea. Oh, by the way did you know that when this came out I went straight out to Hobby Lobby and all of the wood stuff was half off? How about that for good timing?

16. mmtncrfts on November 18, 2010 at 3:29 pm

Oh, these are tooooo great! I just had to feature these on my blog. Linked back to you so I hope you'll come over and check it out.

17. Jeanne Lobsinger on November 18, 2010 at 12:44 am

Super cute! So glad I stumbled on your blog!!

18. she wears flowers on November 17, 2010 at 12:56 pm

These are gorgeous – thanks!

19. April on November 17, 2010 at 12:49 am

These are so cute!!!

20. Liz on November 16, 2010 at 9:17 pm

These trees are great! Thanks for sharing. I will be featuring you ladies over at ziggycrafts.blogspot.com.