Ruffle Christmas Trees!!

Yes girls… It’s that time again! Well, for me it comes a bit sooner in the year than most but I am pretty sure that is a hereditary thing (our mom puts on Christmas music in late September).  So… Let’s get to it!  Here is my latest project…

How cute are those?? I can only take credit for execution on this one.  My sweet friend/ partner-in-crime Erincame over for a craft day this week.  She told me she would be bringing lots of “goodies”!  Not only did she bring goodies… She also brought LOTS of super cute ideas! This is just one of them.
We started with a few supplies…
We started with some super cute ribbon from Hobby Lobby.
And a few styrofoam cones!
STOP! Don’t click the red X just yet!! I am hoping that this will be the post that I will finally convince all of you that you need both a basic sewing machine and a ruffler foot.  This is so super easy and everything is cuter with a ruffle 🙂
I ran one end of the ribbon through the ruffler and a few minutes later I was done.
I started by glueing the ruffles from the bottom to the top.  I used my hot glue gun at a low temp setting to keep it from melting the cone.
On this tree I alternated my ribbon on each row… Just because it’s cute.
We needed some feet for our trees and I quickly remembered the stash of wooden spindles I scored in Round Top that have been hiding in my garage.  My hubby has asked if he can throw them out about 16,465 times so I am sure he was happy to see at least two of them leave the pile.
I used my saw to cut off the ends of a couple of them to use as bases.  You can also use a candlestick like Erin did on her paper trees!
Then I gave them a coat of our very fav Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch Heirloom White!
I also used it to paint these super cute mini finials I found at Hobby Lobby!
Finally, I glued my base to my bottom.
Yah, that’s a different tree but I will share that later 🙂
I glued my finial to the top and wrapped some twine around it just because it’s cute.  I had some little silver jingle bells that I tied on to each end.  That’s it!
Don’t you love them!?! So now is the time (if you have not already) to get a sewing machine and ruffler on that Christmas list!! It’s so easy… I promise!!

I hope you like trees because there are more to come :-)!!
Have a happy Friday!
Philippians 4:7
And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.

post signature

1. Suonerie iPhone on December 18, 2019 at 2:20 am

Gracias, estas son grandes cosas para mí.

2. claire on November 24, 2012 at 12:27 pm

What a great idea! You could also use wire-edged ribbon and cinch one side for the same effect. I can’t wait to give this a shot!

3. Mari on November 19, 2012 at 9:38 am

I’m not sure you will see this, but I love the tree you just showed the bottom of and said you would share later. I saw a picture of it somewhere and bought burlap, etc. The burlap falls apart really bad, any suggestions? Thanks and love your stuff!

4. Melissa Nehls Packer on October 16, 2012 at 7:25 pm

I can NOT get my ruffler on my machine to save my life. It came with NO instructions! 😛

5. Patsy20Clarke on April 24, 2012 at 6:14 pm

All people deserve wealthy life and loan or just college loan can make it better. Just because freedom is based on money.

6. Rhonda Tomlinson on November 29, 2011 at 5:07 pm

I have the ruffler foot, I have to admit I cuss this thing every time I TRY to use it. Ya’ll make it look soooo easy. My Mother sewed eveything for me as a kid and can sew absolutely anything, I did NOT get her talent. lol

love all ya’ll do

7. Mercedes on November 23, 2011 at 9:58 pm

Wow! What a fabulous idea, I’ll definitely be trying that! Your husband is obviously more tolerant than mine, I had some old stair spindles in ‘his’ garage but they mysteriously disappeared!
    Mercedes

8. Vicki on November 15, 2011 at 1:19 pm

I don’t have the ruffled thingy for my sewing machine either. I created the same look using wired ribbon and pulled one side of the wire out until it rufflled….yours look awesome!

9. Kristina on September 4, 2011 at 7:34 pm

I love these trees and can’t stop thinking about making them–the holidays are now just around the corner ! I don’t yet have a sewing machine but hope I can get one soon-maybe they sell ruffled ribbon at a craft store? Thanks for sharing!

10. Julia - AllFreeChristmasCrafts.com on July 20, 2011 at 9:38 pm

Hi Whitney and Ashley – I absolutely love these adorable mini Christmas trees! I I’d love to link to this project on the site. If this is something you’d be interested in, feel free to contact me. Just shoot me an e-mail at jlitz (at) primecp (dot) com. Thanks!

11. Angie on May 2, 2011 at 6:05 pm

I wish I had discovered these and your site last Christmas! I would have love to make these! We had just moved to our new house and didn’t have time to put up a Christmas tree — I could have made one of these instead to help make our house a little festive! SOOOOO cute! This is on my list of “musts” for this holiday season. Where do you live? My blogging partner Carrie lives in Texas and also goes to Round Top!!