Frame Display Idea #3!!

First off… WOW!  You gals really showed up for the party!!
I need another day to go through all the posts, so I thought I would share my final (I think:)) frame idea with you guys.  This is probably my favorite.  These make a great gift for anyone and they take only a little bit of time to make… Whooop!
Here it is…
So you know the drill…
I started with a 2x8x8 from Lowe’s for around $5.
I used my saw to cut an 11″ piece.
Now for my finial…
Where do you find the stinkin’ finials???

I have had so many comments and questions about these.  I find them at Lowe’s.  I don’t think that every Lowe’s carries them.  My friend went to another local Lowe’s and was unable to find them.  If they do carry them, you will find them by the dowel rods and furniture feet.  Hope this helps!
I used the smaller ones for this project.
Screw your finial into your wood piece in the center.  I then added a small clothespin I found at Hobby Lobby with hot glue.
Now you are ready for paint!
I used Rust-Oleum Blue Sky for this one.
After I painted it I used an 80 grit sanding block on my edges to shanty them up a bit.  I then used some dark walnut stain on a foam brush on the spots I sanded.  I used an old t-shirt to wipe the excess off.
Cute… but not quite there yet.  I LOVE fabric flowers on just about everything.  I made some flowers out of canvas and burlap using this method minus the buttons.
I then used a bit of hot glue to attach them to my wood display.  Here are the results!
Hope you like it!! I added a sweet picture of my new niece yawning.  You can add a picture, recipe or just a sweet note and these make such a great gift.
If you have any questions please ask.  I will be back tomorrow with some shout-outs and a winner from the party.
Thanks so much!! Have a great week!!
John 21:25
Jesus did many other things as well.  If every one of them were written down, I suppose that even the whole world would not have room for the books that would be written.

post signature

1. Kim McCall Weathers on November 26, 2013 at 12:14 am

Blue sky gloss and heirloom white gloss are not available. Any suggestions for a brand and color that would be comparable to those? Thank you!

2. Jill on July 12, 2012 at 9:19 pm

okay I just found your blog and I’m OBSESSED!!! I am so inspired now! Thank you for all your amazing ideas!

3. Marleen on October 10, 2011 at 1:15 am

This is such a cute picture frame idea! I have a quick question though. When you spray paint a clothes pin like you did, do you have to tape the metal spring to keep the paint off or does it work fine if you paint the spring?

4. Meg on March 7, 2011 at 2:59 am
  5. joetterer on February 10, 2011 at 3:42 pm

um WOW! awesome

6. Sweet Disorder Photography and Design on February 6, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Wow, this is DARLING! Thank you for the idea! I just want to double check- the wood looks like a 1×8, not a 2×8. Is it really 2?!
    Thank you for posting this! You are a woman of talent! 🙂

7. Barbara Jean on January 18, 2011 at 12:36 am

Great frame projects I'm finding here.

thanks

blessings

barbara jean

8. MommyMeagan on December 23, 2010 at 6:03 pm

I'm visiting from Fingerprints on the Fridge. She featured your awesome frames today. WOW! I wish I stumbled upon this earlier. What great gifts! I know what everyone is getting for birthdays this year!
    Thanks for sharing. I'm a new follower now.

9. Allison on December 21, 2010 at 6:40 pm

These are fantastic! I LOVE them!! Thanks for sharing! I will definitely have to make some!
    Also, I just wanted to let you know I shared a link to this on my blog's, A Glimpse Inside, FB page.

10. Linh C. on December 15, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Yay, I found the finials at my local Lowe's. There were three bags of the small finial size, and yep, I bought all three!

11. lynn on December 13, 2010 at 11:52 pm

i just love all your frames! i've made the first two styles–and now i gotta make some of these-thanks for sharing:)

12. Heidi on December 13, 2010 at 10:38 pm

Super cute photo! I'm looking ahead to mother's day for a recipe holder. Love it!

13. Gremma on December 13, 2010 at 3:19 pm

Love, Love, Love it! I think it would be a great project for the 12-13 year old girls I teach!

Have you considered adding the ability to follow you through email? Feedburner works really well. My work computer blocks blogs, facebook, etc, but I can check email during breaks. I don't want to miss a thing!

14. lillylaagedesigns on December 13, 2010 at 2:40 pm

wow! so cute! i've loved all of these photo holders so far! i really like this one, though! and the black and white photo really looks so nice with the blue. great job! love it! can't wait to make my own!
    _lilly

15. Dina on December 13, 2010 at 5:12 am

Hey Whitney! It was great to meet you this morning at church! Love all the great ideas on your blog! I think I might need to run to Lowes and Hobby Lobby tomorrow.

16. Kira @ Kissing the Joy on December 13, 2010 at 4:54 am

You make me think "maybe I CAN do this without my hubby" Because when I wait for him (bless his pea-pickin' heart) it takes literally MONTHS. This frame is adorable and I was in need of a good Christmas gift that I could make in duplicate for several different people. Thanks SO MUCH for the fab idea!

17. Blessed Mommy of 2 on December 13, 2010 at 4:03 am

These are SO cute! I think I've made about 8 of your original posted frames so far. (I am keeping the 3 hobby lobby's out of stock on supplies, ha!) I still have to make one for myself =)

18. Debbi on December 13, 2010 at 3:57 am

Great idea! And that sweet picture just clinches it–what a cutie!!
    *smiles*
    debbi

19. Lisa on December 13, 2010 at 3:33 am

I've been working on mine this weekend. I loved this project. I'm hoping I can find some cute (and really cheap) things to add to them since I haven't bought any finials yet. I'll be giving one to my son's teacher for a Christmas gift this week!! Thanks so much for the idea!

20. Karen on December 13, 2010 at 3:19 am

I love these! I can't wait to make them. I finally found all the stuff to make them. Thanks so much for sharing your talents! I love your blog!!

21. Sanctuary Home on December 13, 2010 at 2:45 am

I have got to make one of those. They're really cute! Thanks for the inspiration.
    Susan : )

22. Sue on December 13, 2010 at 2:43 am

Now this is one cutie-pie frame, Whitney! Love the look of it and its simplicity. I am just not a crafter, but this is something even I could do without help. LOL ~ Sue