All Finished…. Yeah!!

Remember my craft table I shared in my last post?
I got it all finished up!!
Here it is…
Here is how I finished it all up!!
I took my three separate pieces up into my loft where my table will be and put the top piece of mdf on my two bases.  I go everything lined up perfectly and then used a 1 1/4″ wood screw on each corner to secure the top.  I attached the screws from the underside of my bases so you wouldn’t see them on the top.
I then added my hidden shelves by attaching 1×2 to the sides of my bases.  I did two on each side to build 2 shelves.
From the front…
Then I added my shelves.  I had some scrap wood for these and did not bother painting it because nobody but me will see it… Whoop!
When I attached my shelves I placed them 1/4″ back from the front of the table.  I did this for my next step.
Next I added my bead board.  I had leftover from my last table project and I painted it in the garage before attaching it.  I cut mine to fit just into my open space and attached it with my nailer to the back of the shelves.
Bigger Pic…
And a look from the backside…
I then added a 1×3 to both the top and the bottom to trim it out.  I had scraps in my garage I used.
After attaching my top and bottom I added my sides using 1×2.
I then caulked the trim and painted it to match the blue of the table.  I loved it at this point but thought I could chic it up just a bit more!
I bought a $7 wood scroll from Lowe’s and painted it.
After it dried I used my hot glue gun (don’t tell) to attach it to my bead board.
I found baskets at Michael’s 40% off and added them.  Now I am ready to add all my junk important crafting supplies 🙂
What do you think?!?

I love it!!  I made my bottom side shelves just a bit taller than the plans to fit both my sewing machines.  It will be so nice to finally get my stuff out of my kitchen, dining room, bedroom and closet 🙂
Want to build you own??
Check out Ana White’s site and get inspired!!
There are so many great ideas and fun pieces for your home!

post signature

1. Orange Peanut on January 11, 2011 at 10:37 pm

It looks great!!! Did I miss the name of the paint color? It looks like the perfect color!!!

2. Allison on January 11, 2011 at 10:11 pm

It looks fabulous! I LOVE it! Great job!

3. glitter girl on January 11, 2011 at 9:33 pm

I'm super impressed – great job! I need to build *something* to don't have room for a whole desk… I'm sure Ana will have something for me though!

4. Jenn A on January 11, 2011 at 9:04 pm

What a great table! You did an awesome job!!! I'm SO impressed! WOW!! I want one 😉

5. Rebecca on January 11, 2011 at 8:49 pm

I <3 it! I have this plan on my list but might modify it now. Hmm…

6. Kelly on January 11, 2011 at 8:47 pm

I LOVE your craft table! I'm making one! I love the front and under the table storage too- briliant!

7. munster mum on January 11, 2011 at 8:33 pm

Very inspiring! I just "found" your blog as well as Ann White's site… I'm getting excited about building again!

8. Rachel on January 11, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Love it….will you show us another picture once you have all your stuff in place? Love to see how others organize themselves!

9. Karen Elizabeth on January 11, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Think I might have to make this. How cute and functional! Love it 🙂

10. Lori on January 11, 2011 at 8:00 pm

WOW!!! That is awesome!!! I NEED one, BAD!!! LOL!!! Thanks for sharing!!!

11. Junior & Mario on January 11, 2011 at 7:45 pm

Móvel bem versátil , desenho limpo , reto , bem bonito, adorei !!!!!

12. Kim on January 11, 2011 at 7:39 pm

That is fantastic…..if I had the room I would want to build one!!

13. Frugal Jen on January 11, 2011 at 7:27 pm

Looks great! You girls need to have a teach a girl how to use a tool party for us locals.

14. Attempting Aloha on January 11, 2011 at 7:10 pm

I've been drooling over that Ana White table for my own "mom cave" for awhile…too many projects on our house to-do list, so this will probably go on the backburner until the end of the year…definitely bookmarking yours for inspiration, though. Maybe I'll print it out and hang it near my hubby's desk… 😉

Aloha,
    charlie

15. Kelli on January 11, 2011 at 7:07 pm

I've wanted this table since the day Ana first posted about it. Too bad I have no place to put it! Your's looks amazing!

16. Samantha2818 on January 11, 2011 at 6:58 pm

Great job – I love it.
    You've inspired me to make one too – I've (more or less) decided to turn my spare bedroom into a craft room as my crap (craft stuff) is taking over every room in the house. I SO need a table like this – thanks for the inspiration.
    ~Sam

17. Marilyn on January 11, 2011 at 6:45 pm

Wow great job! Now let's see it with all the stuff on the shelfs and on the top!!!

18. Meet the Family on January 11, 2011 at 6:41 pm

you go girl! I really want to do this one and incorporate a sewing space for my machine….thanx!

19. House Revivals on January 11, 2011 at 6:36 pm

This is beautiful, and I feel so inspired to tackle building some of the storage pieces in my studio loft after we finish our beach house reno. That was a great idea to make the bottom shelf taller to fit your machines!
    ~Amanda

20. Goings on at the Glenn's on January 11, 2011 at 6:29 pm

so fun! I love it! I love your little chic addition too! I want one! My craft room is still in "we just moved in" mode. Love the table and the idea that you could walk all the way around it while doing your crafts! Great job! Love the beadboard too!