All Finished…. Yeah!!

Remember my craft table I shared in my last post?
I got it all finished up!!
Here it is…
Here is how I finished it all up!!
I took my three separate pieces up into my loft where my table will be and put the top piece of mdf on my two bases.  I go everything lined up perfectly and then used a 1 1/4″ wood screw on each corner to secure the top.  I attached the screws from the underside of my bases so you wouldn’t see them on the top.
I then added my hidden shelves by attaching 1×2 to the sides of my bases.  I did two on each side to build 2 shelves.
From the front…
Then I added my shelves.  I had some scrap wood for these and did not bother painting it because nobody but me will see it… Whoop!
When I attached my shelves I placed them 1/4″ back from the front of the table.  I did this for my next step.
Next I added my bead board.  I had leftover from my last table project and I painted it in the garage before attaching it.  I cut mine to fit just into my open space and attached it with my nailer to the back of the shelves.
Bigger Pic…
And a look from the backside…
I then added a 1×3 to both the top and the bottom to trim it out.  I had scraps in my garage I used.
After attaching my top and bottom I added my sides using 1×2.
I then caulked the trim and painted it to match the blue of the table.  I loved it at this point but thought I could chic it up just a bit more!
I bought a $7 wood scroll from Lowe’s and painted it.
After it dried I used my hot glue gun (don’t tell) to attach it to my bead board.
I found baskets at Michael’s 40% off and added them.  Now I am ready to add all my junk important crafting supplies 🙂
What do you think?!?

I love it!!  I made my bottom side shelves just a bit taller than the plans to fit both my sewing machines.  It will be so nice to finally get my stuff out of my kitchen, dining room, bedroom and closet 🙂
Want to build you own??
Check out Ana White’s site and get inspired!!
There are so many great ideas and fun pieces for your home!

post signature

1. Audra on January 13, 2011 at 3:24 pm

I just wanted you to know how much I love your blog!! Yours is the only one that I get on EVERYday. I recently made the picture frame blocks and am in LOVE with them! Thank you for sharing your creativity and talents with us!

2. Jude on January 13, 2011 at 11:51 am

You are so inspiring! I read this post, and went hunting for a woodworking class here on Cape Cod. I found one at our regional trade school; it's a little pricier than I'd like (a few hundred dollars), and it starts a week before I'm having carpal tunnel surgery, but I'm seriously considering it. I think you're fabulous — and this piece looks wonderful.

3. Amanda K @ Every Crafty Endeavor on January 13, 2011 at 5:59 am

This looks great! i love it – I do have a question though – what color of paint is that blue? I love it! It is so pretty.

4. Blessed Mommy of 2 on January 12, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Wow, that looks awesome! Love everything about it!

5. Alison on January 12, 2011 at 9:59 pm

I'm getting ready to organize my own craft room, and have been searching for inspiration! I featured your craft table on my blog! Thanks for inspiring! Here is the link:

~Alison

6. Δρ. Βρακατόρ on January 12, 2011 at 4:00 pm

Great job!!!!!

7. Robert and Cassie on January 12, 2011 at 3:04 pm

Love it! It looks amazing! I SO want to make one! Definitely a project to do later this year!

8. Katie on January 12, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Wow! I love this! Such a perfect craft table. And it fits both your sewing machines? What a dream. So much storage space. Nice job!
    Katie
    miamoodesigns.blogspot.com

9. tinystitches on January 12, 2011 at 2:41 pm

Love what you've done with Ana's designs. Beautiful!

10. Kim @ Cheap Chic Home on January 12, 2011 at 2:14 pm

I just love it! I'll be right over with my crafting supplies :). Not only is it functional, it's beautiful, too. Hugs, Kim

11. [email protected] Charm on January 12, 2011 at 7:08 am

Looking good…great ideas!

Blessings,
    Linda

12. Sarita on January 12, 2011 at 4:46 am

It's gorgeous! Great work!

13. Linda on January 12, 2011 at 4:00 am

Gorgeous!

14. Steffanie on January 12, 2011 at 3:24 am

did you paint your top mdf board or did you use white mdf? If you painted it, what finish did you use? It looks shiny.
    They look fantastic and now I want to def. build this (it is on my to-do list!)

15. Serendipity Chic Design on January 12, 2011 at 1:50 am

This is seriously way to cool. I am beyond jealous…

Take care,
    Lisa

16. elle on January 12, 2011 at 1:03 am

This is beautiful! I love the color you chose and the scroll work! I would also love to see it once you get everything put away on it!

17. Jamie @ Happy House, Happy Home on January 12, 2011 at 12:18 am

Love love love love love love… ah! I'm so jealous. I have had my eye on this table for awhile now, but I think it would just be too overwhelming in our office/craft room. I LOVE that you added the secret shelves, with the beadboard. Looks fantastic! I'm sure Ana is proud!

We're working on a couple desks from her site, for my new craft tables, and I'm hoping mine turn out even half as good as yours!

18. Carrie @ Dittle Dattle on January 12, 2011 at 12:12 am

I love this! I've been eyeing the one from PB for awhile, but yours takes it to a whole new level. I'm so coping this for my own craftroom! thanks for sharing 😀

19. Pam on January 11, 2011 at 11:25 pm

Nice…you did a fantastic job. Love it.

20. Katie @ On the Banks of Squaw Creek on January 11, 2011 at 10:48 pm

Very nice! It looks great! You are lucky to have room for such a big craft desk!