Frosted Mason Candles!!

Want to see what I did with my vinyl??

They have this awesome vinyl as you know and now they have frosted vinyl!!
LOVE it!!
I decided to use it in my living room.  I have some mason jars I use as candle holders on this great old chippy stool.  I thought that I could shanty them up a bit using my new frosted vinyl!!
I used a frame shape and added a number to each of them using the Silhouette software.  You can easily download the software…Whoop!!
Then I let the machine do just about everything else!
My only job was peeling and sticking.  Here are the results!

Oooh!  I LOVE it 🙂
So simple!  And the best part is that you totally avoid all the etching creams and paints you use to get the same look!
post signature

1. Lauren @ The Thinking Closet on April 20, 2013 at 5:40 pm

Is it okay if I include one of your images in a round-up I’m doing of frosted vinyl with a link back to your post? I’m in love with this project!

2. Beth on May 31, 2012 at 7:26 am

where do you buy frosted vinyl

• Lauren @ The Thinking Closet on April 20, 2013 at 5:41 pm

Silhouette America sells frosted vinyl! In fact, there’s a huge sale right now with 25% off using a special code. Shanty2Chic might have one…if not, you can use the code CLOSET. Love frosted vinyl!

3. Jocuri Amuzante on April 6, 2012 at 2:50 pm

Exciting material, many thanks for sharing them in Frosted Mason Candles!!.

4. Kimberly on January 25, 2011 at 5:03 pm

I do not have a silhouette machine, but would like to use the vinyl and simply cut it by hand. If I were going to do this specific project would I have to order anything in addition to the frosted glass vinyl?

Thanks for the wonderful idea!

5. Amber Meadows on January 23, 2011 at 3:59 am

I just ordered my Silhoutte – thanks so much for posting the great deal!

6. lynn on January 21, 2011 at 1:26 am

i got some of this vinyl for xmas–now, i know what to do with it:) tfs!

7. Dana @ CookingAtCafeD on January 20, 2011 at 2:59 pm

Very pretty. The numbers give it just a bit more, but don't mess with the simplicity of the candle.

8. Kaitlin on January 20, 2011 at 5:36 am

Thank you so much! I was borrowing my sister-in-law's to try it out and since you posted this deal my husband said I could get my own now instead of waiting for a gifting time 🙂

9. abeachcottage on January 18, 2011 at 3:53 pm

Wow! Just by doing something like that, it adds flare to a dull material. This is really great.

10. Jenn on January 18, 2011 at 5:56 am

So cute!! I am definitely going to try that. I love the look of etching but really couldn't be bothered with the etching paste. Thank- you so much!!

11. {northern cottage} on January 18, 2011 at 4:43 am

beautiful project…I love how subtle it is and yet it is so THERE and a wonderful touch.

12. Kim -today's creative blog on January 18, 2011 at 3:21 am

Love it! Thanks so much for linking! Can you do me a BIG favor and change the blog address in your featured button? Or I have a new one you can have.
    Thanks ladies

13. Sanctuary Home on January 17, 2011 at 7:53 pm

That's the second time today that I've seen the new frosted vinyl used in crafts. I love your mason jars! I can't wait to get some frosted vinyl to play with!

14. Tara@JustDevineStyle on January 17, 2011 at 6:38 pm

What a cute project. I have tons of mason jars so I think i may be making something like this. Thanks for sharing.

15. melismama on January 17, 2011 at 4:36 pm

Hi, looks great! I was trying to go to the Silhouette site and your link is not working 8(.

16. Sarah @ The Bird's Papaya on January 17, 2011 at 2:31 pm

beautiful job on the mason jars. even if it was just peel & stick, it's the idea behind the work that's impressive!!

17. Sara {Sara's Closet} on January 17, 2011 at 5:32 am

oh, I love 'em too! super cute!

18. Molly on January 17, 2011 at 1:54 am

Oh yeah baby, I love that!!!!! I am so going to get some of that stuff! Thanks so much for sharing your awesome ideas

19. Scrappy Creations on January 17, 2011 at 1:03 am

You make the most simple things look so elegant!!!