What I have been up to….

I just had to give you guys a quick sneak peek at what I have been working on.  Before I get to that I also wanted to let you know that I Made it Without My Hubby will be tomorrow night at 9pm.  Apparently I forgot it was the 7th and didn’t get all my ducks in a row so we will all be fashionably late.  Woohoo!
Now… In my last post I showed you Ana White’s amazing site where she shows you plans to build your own knock-off PB furniture.  I am on a bit of a building kick (I think the brad nailer is to blame) and I decided to tackle her craft table.  I decided that I could put some serious use to this baby!!
I followed her plans step by step and got the whole table done in just two days.  I would have finished it in a day but I have had a sick baby over the last week.  Here are my bases…

I love the height of this table. It’s counter height which is perfect for me because half the time I am crafting I am on my feet so this really gives me the option to sit or stand.  Also… STORAGE!! Whoop!
I did make just a few modifications….
I put my MDF table top directly on my bases rather than doing the floating top.  I did think it looked cool but it added time and cost for me so I canned it.
I also will be closing off the front to provide more unseen storage under the table.  That is the best kind of storage if you ask me πŸ™‚  I can’t really show you the details on that one until my next post because I have to get the table up in the loft and assemble it.  So for now…. Here it is before I modify.
I will be painting it tomorrow.  Can’t wait to show you guys when I get it all done.  And… It won’t be black!

Thanks so much for coming by!!
Check out Ana White’s site for more furniture fun!
We will see you tomorrow with any and all crafts, revamps and projects you gals have been up to without the help of your man!! We have a fun giveaway lined up so be here at 9!!
Thanks so much and have a great weekend!!

post signature

1. Alejandra on January 11, 2011 at 4:58 am

Found this through Ana's blog.. you did a great job. Looks so professional!

2. Erin on January 10, 2011 at 2:53 pm

OH MY GOSH WHITNEY!!! You were not kidding about being on a project kick! If I could have just a smidge of your determination and energy, I'm convinced I'd take over the Western world in 2 days. You're awesome.

And you're helping me make one of these. ;o)

Love you!

3. Alicia@ eco friendly homemaking on January 9, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Wow so impressive!I love it. You have done a wonderful job. So happy to have found your blog.

4. lynn on January 8, 2011 at 11:04 pm

oh, this looks awesome already!

5. Doreen on January 8, 2011 at 9:53 pm

WOW! Just WOW! I am impressed and in love with your craft table! I need to get over my fear of the saw and get with it here, b/c this is perfect for my own craft room, too. πŸ™‚ Thanks for the inspiration! Glad I stumbled upon your blog!
    ~ doreen from http://whereisyourhappyplace.blogspot.com

6. Brook on January 8, 2011 at 8:29 pm

It looks awesome! How much do you think the wood cost? I am redoing my craft room in February and this is on my list of wants!

7. Holly Erhard on January 8, 2011 at 7:55 pm

About how much did this project cost you in the end?

8. Jess on January 8, 2011 at 3:23 pm

I was going to say that I love this table but don't have a craft room in which to use it, but I am attempting to create a work room in the basement for building. This would be a great addition there. Hmm I will have to think on it. Love Ana's site and I love yours.
    Hugs,

9. Molly aka Posy Mosey on January 8, 2011 at 2:26 pm

That looks so great! It really encourages me to see how awesome other people's projects from Ana's site turn out. I have such a long list of Ana projects that I have convinced hubby to work on with me this year. He was skeptical about how they would turn out. I wonder if I could sneak in one more… I really do need a storage/craft table.

10. Alex on January 8, 2011 at 1:53 pm

This looks awesome!!! I can't wait to see the finish project!!

11. One Life Many Journeys on January 8, 2011 at 1:06 pm

I wanted this when I saw it on Anna's site. Now I REALLY want it since you have made it look so easy. Thanks for the inspiration! Can't wait to see it finished.

12. Pam on January 8, 2011 at 6:29 am

You have out done yourself on this. That turned out great.

13. Stef on January 8, 2011 at 6:14 am

WoW!! You have some awesome skills! Love it!
    Stef
    itsallinmyheadstefsblog.blogspot.com

14. squishysandee on January 8, 2011 at 6:05 am

Oh… and I would also LOVE to know how you close the desk off for more storage underneath — that is one AWESOME idea. I would just have no idea how to draw those plans out since I have never built anything and I want this desk πŸ™‚
    Thanks Shanty2Chic – you are an inspiration.

15. squishysandee on January 8, 2011 at 6:02 am

After I saw your post about Ana I went to her site and this is the exact desk I chose to build for my craft room that my husband is working on right now in the unfinished basement.
    Would you say this desk would be an easy enough job for a first time building job. I'm sure I can get a little input and help from my husband but he's not a hands on kind of guy – it's just the math smarts he has got.
    I'm really looking forward to your finished desk. Maybe you can give a little more pics and instructions as to how you assembled it once you got it in your room. Do you think you'll ever be able to get it out. I would just hate to leave the desk if I ever moved πŸ™
    Thanks for the post πŸ™‚ LOVE IT!!

16. Sheri on January 8, 2011 at 5:42 am

I love your table! I have one too! You are going to LOVE it!!!!! Have fun!!!

17. Ana White on January 8, 2011 at 5:28 am

Whitney, you are absolutely amazing! Your craft table is so much better than I could have ever thought! So impressed! If something looks that good unfinished, in a garage, well, the finished photo is going to be unbelieveable! Ana

18. DanielleisNesting on January 8, 2011 at 4:56 am

Ana is amazing isn't she?! Love her. You did such a great job! I love it. Brave woman.

19. Chrissie on January 8, 2011 at 4:49 am

I am so impressed with your table. I can't wait to see the finished product!

20. Bridget on January 8, 2011 at 4:26 am

Love! I cannot wait to start on my Ana White projects =)