Fun Wall Art & The Sale!

Happy Tuesday guys!!
I want to share a fun wall art project with you guys!  I made these for the older girls’ room but I think I may be making some more for mine as well… I love them.
I have 2 blank spaces next to their window that were begging for some love.  I found the branches and birds and that became my inspiration for this project.
I started with some scrap 1×12 I had from some of my latest projects.  These were about 24″ long.
I’m kind of into stain at the moment so that’s just what I did… Dark Mahogany.

While those were drying I started working on the cute stuff.
I used my Silhouette to cut shapes out.  I found the birds and branches on the Silhouette software and cut it out using the machine.  There is nothing better than shopping from the comfort of my computer chair.
I used Silhouette’s Premium Vinyl for these birdies and branches.
Once the machine cut it, I peeled the extras off first.
Then, I used the transfer paper to attach it to my wood.  This is my first time to use the transfer paper and I LOVE it.  I usually try the old peel and stick method but I knew that wouldn’t work with all the details.

You just peel the transfer paper off…. So easy!
I had originally planned on being done at this point but I thought it needed a little extra something.  I remembered some cream flowers I had from making the baby some headbands.

Pulled out the glue gun…

And started attaching.

I had to cover up my holes so I used some extra pearly buttons and hot glued them too.

I found these great hooks in the garden section at Hobby Lobby for 1/2 off… Whoop!

I drilled a couple holes in each one, added some twine, and hung them up…. Well, actually I only got one up.
The babies were not enjoying this project as much as I was.  I did manage to get one up to show you though 🙂

Hope you like it!
For those of you that stuck with me through those 348 pictures…. Here is this month’s sale!
Shanty Silhouette Sale is running from 2/23 – 2/28
Use the code SHANTY at checkout to receive…
Silhouette SD Machine
1 Roll of Black Premium Vinyl
1 Roll of Frosted Vinyl
1 Roll of Transfer Paper
Home Decor CD
All for $225!!
ALSO!!
All Premium Vinyl is 25% off!!
Make sure to use the code SHANTY at checkout!
Silhouette Electronic Cutting Tool
Thanks so much for stopping by! Let me know if you have any questions!

post signature

1. Kathy, Petticoat Junktion on April 8, 2012 at 12:08 pm

hI Whitney and Ashley, found your blog while googleing vaseline distressing. checkout your cool projects and think I might give this one I try. Love the contrast of white birds and dark.wood. I usually use old junk finds so I”m going to try it with recycled wood and some old stencils I have. thanks for the inspiration. Kathy, Petticoat Junktion

2. Terry on March 25, 2012 at 12:16 am

These are very cute! I love their simplicity and how you hung the twine on them. Thanks for helping me think outside the box.

3. Baezamama on March 6, 2011 at 6:37 am

I did it! I loved it THAT much! =) Thanks! {and I ordered my silhouette with your coupon code!}

4. LouLou@thelifeofloulou.blogspot.com on February 24, 2011 at 3:33 pm

I know I'm a goober, but where do I find the Home Decor CD on the site?

5. Brittany on February 23, 2011 at 11:28 pm

Very Cute!!!

6. Steph @ Crafting in the Rain on February 23, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Those turned out really cute!
    I have wheels turning in my head for some ikea framed mirrors (the current project is on my blog) but doing something for my kids' rooms with vinyl on them would be so fun!

7. June@I will craft on February 23, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Beautiful – simple and elegant.

8. Jen@jenslifeaswife on February 23, 2011 at 8:08 pm

Great Idea! So cute. The hooks finish it off perfectly.

9. Heather @ REOlisticRenovation on February 23, 2011 at 6:44 pm

These are definitely adorable. What a great project! I love the wood look totally cute.

10. Flipfloppingmamma on February 23, 2011 at 4:29 pm

I gave you a Stylish Blogger Award today. Thanks for inspiring me daily! 🙂

11. Tara on February 23, 2011 at 11:21 am

Just Purchased the Silhouette tonight thanks to your awesome promo code.. Thank you for sharing.. I didn't know such a thing was out there till I found your website…

12. Bee happy on February 23, 2011 at 10:45 am

That looks ace! I am so envious, I have ordered some bird and branch transfers to stick on the wall but they are out of stock 🙁

Bee happy x

13. april on February 23, 2011 at 10:45 am

I would definitely make one.:) thanks for your great ideas!

14. Joy @ Thrifty Parsonage Living on February 23, 2011 at 5:53 am

Very creative and so cute!