Outdoor Lounge Chair ~ Update

Hey guys!  I got around to staining/sealing my lounge chairs this week!

Yep!  I already have them in the backyard ready for cushions!

I also enlisted some help;)  He did a GREAT job!

Whoop!!!  I ended up getting 2 GREAT helpers who actually enjoy this kind of thing:)  I hope they don’t realize it is NO FUN anytime soon!

I used Behr fence stain and had it tented Valise to match my fence and cedar posts out back.

Now I’m just waiting on the cushions!  These aren’t too comfortable on the behind right now (especially on a 101 degree day;)

So far I have spent $25 on each chair and $27 for the gallon of stain bringing the total thus far to $75 !!!  I’m happy:)

If you missed the construction process on these you can check them out HERE!  Hope you all have a great week!  ~Ashley

1. Sue on February 3, 2018 at 4:53 pm

These are so fantastic! And you did them yourself?!!! Way to go Wonder Woman!!
    I will be making four of them for our campsite in Myles Standish State Forset this spring. Can’t wait!!!
    Thanks for putting together such an easy to follow guide. The mix of photos and comments really couldn’t be better! Keep going!!!!!

Sue in Massachusetts

2. Guest on May 18, 2014 at 7:53 pm

Your site (and linked sites) with your simple & fun chaise plans inspired me. I finished my chaise yesterday – with a few tweaks. I added wheels & large handles in the front for ease of mobility. Obviously I chose a different color, and made the legs sturdier to support my larger family members if they so chose to use the chaise. My project isn’t as smooth and refined as yours, but I built it from recycled pallets, and I didn’t have a planer. This was LOTS of orbital palm sander work, but I’m SO pleased with how it came out. I have more pallets… so my chair may get a sibling sometime. Great feeling to say “I built it myself!”

3. Laura on June 20, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Looks like you probably already got cushions, but I thought of you when I saw that Target (on Precinct Line) had marked down their cushions and pillows. They had a couple of cute pillows too. Great job on the loungers! I can come by and test them out after I drop off my oldest at church in Southlake tonight- ha!

• Ashley on June 21, 2011 at 1:41 am

Thanks for the tip Laura! I may make a trip to check them out!!!!

4. Allison on June 20, 2011 at 1:28 am

Great job!
    Dropping by from Met Monday. I hope you’ll come see the safari nursery.

Allison
    Atticmag

5. jen @ tatertots and jello on June 18, 2011 at 2:29 am

WOW – those chairs are beautiful!!! What an amazing job!!!!

I featured them on my TT&J facebook page 🙂 Thanks for sharing them!!!

xoxoxoxo
    Jen

• Ashley on June 18, 2011 at 1:12 pm

Aww thank you so much Jen:))

6. Melody on June 14, 2011 at 5:58 pm

Wow, these are awesome!! What a great job. I want to try this, or try to get my husband to build a pair. We’ve rented them a couple of times down on the beach and loved them.

7. Kelley on June 14, 2011 at 5:24 pm

The stain looks fantastic! Where do I find helpers like that??? 😉 Oh, the afternoons I could waste with chairs like those…

8. Jan on June 14, 2011 at 3:20 pm

Awesome job, Ma’am!

9. Lyndsey Favero on June 14, 2011 at 5:59 am

These are amazing!!!

10. Ashley@DesignBuildLove.co on June 14, 2011 at 5:53 am

Nice job my fellow “Ash”! They look great!!!

11. Sommer on June 14, 2011 at 4:17 am

They look so great! I’m envious of your pool. My kids were dipping themselves in my stock pots full of water this afternoon lol. I cannot wait to build myself a pair of these babies.