The Craft Closet Finished

Well… Almost finished.

I have gone through almost all of my stuff and have it put away so I thought I would share.

I can’t tell you how happy it makes me to look in this closet.  I love that I have all of my stuff in one place and it’s easy to get to and put away.

Let’s look at the before just one more time…

And now the after…

See all that space?? And storage?? Whoop!!

I painted all the shelves with the same paint as my wall color.  I would love to have super cute baskets and stuff for my storage but this closet is for function.  I did have fun with a few things though.

I found these at Ikea like 3 months ago and they have been collecting dust since.  Not anymore!  I used my Silhouette to cut some vinyl letters and put these babies to work.

That’s one of those super cute metal locker baskets I found on Amazon for $12.  It’s been in my garage for a few months but this will be it’s new home holding all my paper cutters.

And the rest is pretty boring to look at… If you are not me.  It all still makes me smile.  I just used some $1 plastic tubs from Target to divide my other goodies.  They fit so well that I will be buying 6 more tomorrow.

And my machines and pictures on the ground safely out of the way but still super easy to get to…

The back shelf has my bow making stuff, Silhouette goodies and flowers.

And that’s pretty much it for now.

Let’s look at it again one more time just for kicks…

I hope you like it.  It’s not super shmancy or chic but it makes me feel like a new woman!  And, now I can begin the second round of musical rooms… Woohoo!

Thanks so much for stopping by!!

1. Sarah M. on June 15, 2011 at 11:09 am

I love your blog!! 🙂 I am your newest follower! I will be keeping an eye on your blog to learn new things!! If you would like to take a look at my blog (and maybe be my follower too) that would be wonderful! I’m new to the blogging world but can’t wait to contribute to this newfound crafting community!

Cheers!

Sarah M.

2. CrafterBerly on June 14, 2011 at 4:33 pm

You did a great job! Love the vinyl stickers on the tins.

3. Allison on June 13, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Looks great! I must own several dozen plastic boxes, etc for organizing. I recently purchased one of the nuts and bolts plastic cabinets with the small drawers for my sewing supplies.
    Hope you’ll drop by and see the tile floor Jane wrote about for Met Monday.

Allison
    Atticmag

4. Joy on June 13, 2011 at 5:31 am

The organization, the ease of getting things out when you need them ! Great.
    – Joy

5. Handy Man, Crafty Woman on June 13, 2011 at 1:31 am

I spy Creative Memories products! I use those, too! Great crafting storage.

6. Sarah on June 11, 2011 at 2:46 am

This is an organized crafters dream world! Congrats on such a beautiful and functional space!

7. beth on June 11, 2011 at 2:44 am

Great use of space and super organized!!! Nice work!
    Beth
    huberhang.blogspot.com

8. Carlee on June 11, 2011 at 12:20 am

What a great project! I just love an organized closet… unfortunately mines look a little bit like the before! You are giving me great inspiration…. I just need some motivation now!

Carlee

9. Crystal on June 6, 2011 at 1:53 pm

I love this! We have a closet like this under our stairs in our LL rec room. I have been thinking of making it into a toy/game closet and this was the inspiration I needed! Thanks!

10. ScarletScorpion on June 6, 2011 at 3:00 am

I recently did the same to my study table 😀 I love organizing and I love those labeled boxes!!!

11. Lynne on June 5, 2011 at 5:13 am

Nice work! Do you by chance have a link for the wire basket? Been looking for them forever!!

12. Whitney on June 3, 2011 at 4:24 am

I love that it’s so simple & useable! Great job!

13. Doris a/k/a djscrappiness on June 2, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Great job on the closet re-do! The only thing you might want to consider is getting your photos up off the floor or put in a waterproof container. You never know when you might have a pipe break or a dishwasher overflow…maybe that kind of thing only happens at my house…lol! BTW – hang in there…eventually, I had one of my kiddos leave the nest and I was able to take over his room for my craft/scrapbook room. Woo hoo! :o]

Doris

• Shanty2Chic on June 6, 2011 at 3:06 pm

Doris… Good call! Just got them off the floor this weekend. I traded them with the Silhouette stuff which is completely replaceable! Thanks for the advice 🙂

14. xmaggiex on June 2, 2011 at 4:33 pm

hiya your closet looks fab , and the feeling you get when you look into it and know everything has its place is priceless , makes for easy crafting x tfs xmaggiex

15. Cristina (mom of five boys!) on June 2, 2011 at 4:09 pm

You are going to laugh at me when I say that I almost cried seeing your craft closet. As a mom of five in a four bedroom house we are constantly looking for space. I am a crafty person and for a while I had a craft room but started feeling guilty about the boys live in such tight quarters so I gave up my room last week. I have been contemplating other ways to store my crafting tools and thought about converting our entry way closet. Now, that I’ve seen how you’ve done yours I can show my husband and perhaps I can still have a little craft space of my own 😉 THere is hope after all….hahahahah Thank you for sharing.

16. Heather Pranitis on June 2, 2011 at 7:20 am

It looks fabulous! Now, you just need to find time to “escape” in there and work on your crafts. 🙂

17. Kristen on June 2, 2011 at 5:50 am

Love it!
    You did a great job and wow, I’d love to have that closet. 😀

Enjoy it.

18. Comeca Jones on June 2, 2011 at 4:28 am

Anything you do that adds to the comfort of your home is a good thing great job!

19. Ashley@DesignBuildLove.co on June 2, 2011 at 4:00 am

Nicely done! Looks great!!!

20. Rockzann on June 2, 2011 at 3:28 am

Love it! It is so cool to see another mother tackling the same issues as me. Although, my kids have a ginormous gap between them (18 years) I still have to move one of them to the basement and get their old room ready for the new kid. I love what you did with the closet and it has given me the inspiration to tackle mine! Thanks!

21. 1 Funky Woman on June 2, 2011 at 3:18 am

It looks wonderful! Love all the bins from Ikea. So wish we had one here. I love how you still have more space to put more goodies, lol!

Megan

22. Korrie@RedHenHome on June 2, 2011 at 2:18 am

A place for everything and everything in its place! It makes my heart go pitter-patter. 😉

23. Marty@A Stroll thru Life on June 2, 2011 at 1:43 am

It looks fabulous, and you still have so much room. Love the space. Hugs, Marty

24. Jenn K on June 2, 2011 at 1:28 am

Looks great! Wish I had a closet like that! That does encourage me to get my craft stuff organized again though!

25. b's mommy on June 2, 2011 at 1:26 am

Organized! Love it!!

26. Caroline @ The Feminist Housewife on June 2, 2011 at 1:13 am

Oh, girl, I am so jealous. A craft closest is so wonderful! It’s looking good. Way to go!