Laundry Room Make Over

I jump around projects like crazy!  I just start working on whatever sounds fun at the  moment so this week I tackled more of my laundry room.

If you remember my last Laundry Room post this is what I started with…

This is where I’m at now!  Not done but getting there!  I added crown molding this week:) This was my first experience with molding and I’m pretty pleased with it!

I painted the walls Gray Area by Bher and the ceiling with a white to match my trim.  Our texture is very thick and there was not a tape on the face of the earth that made a smooth line between the two.  So…..crown molding it was!

I painted the molding before I put it on the walls and this made my job sooooo much easier!

I purchased these little cuties at Home Depot ($4.00 each).  They are no miter corner pieces and these also made my job soooo much easier!  Straight cuts, no mitering ~ yes please!  ( I also painted these before I put them up).

I used Liquid Nails and 2″ finishing nails to put the corner pieces up first and then i measured the cuts for the trim.

I also used Liquid Nails on the trim and then hammered it up with 2″ finishing nails.

This was so quick and easy and only cost me $16!!!

So, what started out as a cover-up ended up better than expected!  I love it so much that I’m ready to start in my other rooms!!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by and HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!!

~Ashley

1. Amy {The Idea Room} on August 23, 2011 at 3:03 pm

Love the new look! I love crown molding too! Gives the room a great finished look! Love your paint color choice as well!!

2. Megan Camp on July 29, 2011 at 2:32 am

My uncle, who is a professional painter, gave us a great tip to use when painting walls next to rough ceilings. You tape off the ceiling as best you can. Then, as you paint, take clear caulk and squirt it into the crease of the ceiling. Spread it flat with either your finger or a paper towel. We used paper towels and they worked quite well. Then, paint on the wall making sure to go over the caulk line and onto the tape. Once painted, remove tape carefully. You need to do this in small sections before the caulk dries. This will give you a perfect line as the caulk fills in all the little holes along the ceiling and the paint then goes on top of the caulk and tape. When you remove the tape you have a perfect line. My husband and I teamed up to paint along all the ceilings in our new home. They looked awesome! I love your crown molding though. 🙂 It looks beautiful.

3. Sparkle Cupcakes on July 28, 2011 at 2:37 am

Could you give more details on exactly how to do this…I had gotten quotes as high as 1500 and I do not have high ceilings, slopes or lots of twists& turns. I am determined to educate myself and you make it sound so incredibly easy!

4. Katie on July 25, 2011 at 10:36 pm

I love all of the finishing touches you make to your house. It looks awesome!
    Katie

5. FABBY on July 25, 2011 at 2:54 am

Wow, you’re inspiring me to finish mine up! I want to put on top of the machines some cabinets for more storage. I love the way this is coming along…can’t wait to see the finish job! Have a terrific week, pretty girl. FABBY

6. Maria on July 25, 2011 at 1:39 am

Clever solution for your ceiling with wonderful results! The room looks so fresh and updated now. I love white appliances!

7. Sandra on July 24, 2011 at 11:10 pm

You’re room looks great and it sounds like an easy job. My husband and I want to try putting crown up…would you mind letting me know what kind of molding you used?