Outdoor Storage Cabinet Finished

Hey guys!  I finished my outdoor storage cabinet:)

If you missed the build you can check it out HERE

This was the ultimate motivation behind the new storage cabinet…..  Nice huh!

I painted the entire shelf before I nailed the back on and I painted the front side of the plywood before nailing it to the cabinet.  I painted the back after and this made it sooooo easy to paint!

I purchased fence hinges to attach the doors

and fence hardware for the handles.  I also used outdoor stain to match our fence and the lounge chairs  that I built to tie everything together!

I chose rolling catches for the doors to ensure the doors would stay shut and they were super easy to install!

That was it!

The mess moved from the table into the cabinet but the beauty is that the mess is now hidden behind doors:)

I think the hubs likes it….

I love the cabinet and I also love the $70 price tag.  It was super easy to build and it’s very sturdy!!!  Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Ashley

1. Joann on October 11, 2013 at 10:49 pm

Here is my version of your project. I really like the way it came out. Thanks for the idea.

🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨

🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨
      🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨

Use the plans at www. WoodworkPlans.info for this project like I did – highly recommended you check those out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨

⁣    ☁☁☁☁☁
        ☁   🌞   ☁
       ☁          ☁
      ☁🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴🌴☁
      ⁣ ☁  🐬  🍹  ☁
        ☁🌊🌊🌊🌊🌊☁
          ☁☁☁☁☁
          💭
        🙎

🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨

🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨🔨

2. Kim Thibodeaux on August 25, 2013 at 12:10 am

Brilliant! We will need two of these to flank the double doors of the store room under our carport. Thank you for sharing.

3. Lynn on July 25, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Fantastic job! I would like to have one of these on my screen porch!

4. Natasha @ 5 Minutes Just for Me on July 25, 2011 at 2:12 am

My hubby would love that too. How brilliant to house a TV in the courtyard! That is fabulous.

Best wishes and happy week,
    Natasha.

5. Kate on July 25, 2011 at 1:47 am

This is such a great idea! Love those doors with the fence hinges. You are so creative with your choice of materials.

6. Kristen on July 18, 2011 at 1:18 pm

That cabinet is awesome! I wish I had something like that to store all of our “stuff”! We have the same outdoor dining set and I see you took off the back cushions. Mine keep falling over and it’s driving me crazy! Why didn’t I just think of taking them off? Geez.

• Ashley on July 18, 2011 at 9:23 pm

LOL! We took ours off for the same reason and I was going to put them back on for the summer but the seat cushions are more faded than the backs and it looked bad:( Martha should have added ties to the back cushions darn it!

7. Reenie on July 15, 2011 at 4:59 am

WOW!! Very kewel 🙂

• Ashley on July 15, 2011 at 2:04 pm

Thanks so much Reenie:))

8. Regina on July 14, 2011 at 3:02 pm

I’m so impressed like your other followers. What skill level is needed to complete something like this? My husband used to be a carpenter – but it is like living w/ the shoemaker… so many unfinished projects around here so I don’t dare ask him to “show” me how to build something else. How does one develop this skill to do all this?! I just love it that you are so talented!!! Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

• Ashley on July 15, 2011 at 2:10 pm

Hi Regina! I would say this was one of the easiest pieces I have built! As long as you have a good drill and bits it shouldn’t be difficult for you! Use Ana’s plans and take your time! The doors were a little more tricky but the shelf itself could be done by a beginner! Let me know if you have any questions!!!!

9. Stephanie on July 11, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Wow!! Your cabinet looks amazing! I really really love it! We could definitely use one of these!!

• Ashley on July 12, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Thank you so much Stephanie!

10. Jackie on July 8, 2011 at 3:47 am

I love this!! I need one of these for my outdoor space too! You might just have inspired me to make this!

• Ashley on July 12, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Thank you Jackie:)))) I love hiding all of our junk now!!

11. Tiffany on July 8, 2011 at 1:39 am

The fence post design looks really good. Its my favorite part, you are a machine!

• Ashley on July 12, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Aw thank you Tiffany!

12. Suzanne on July 7, 2011 at 12:39 am

Ok, you? are amazing! I love the cabinet! I am even tempted to try it myself!
    Thanks for sharing!

13. MB on July 6, 2011 at 8:41 pm

What a neat cabinet and so useful! You did an excellent job building it. One caution though, hopefully you’ve anchored it to the wall so it won’t fall over on a little child etc..

14. june on July 6, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I did have a question…my husband is afraid that this would be a tip over hazard. I know Ana’s plans are pretty solid, but is yours fastened to the wall? If not, does it feel steady on its feet?

15. june on July 6, 2011 at 2:40 pm

what a BRILLIANT idea! i was needing to do something exactly like this!

16. Randi on July 6, 2011 at 12:44 pm

Wow – is there anything you can’t build? It looks fantastic!

• Ashley on July 6, 2011 at 12:58 pm

LOL Thank you Randi! The plans make it very easy:) Love saving money:)))

17. lynn on July 6, 2011 at 9:02 am

awesome!-thanks so much for sharing this! i just love how it turned out and i think i “need” one:)

• Ashley on July 6, 2011 at 1:01 pm

LOL! Thank you Lynn:) I always “need” whatever it is I am building too;)

18. Cheryl Ann {The Happy Chick} on July 6, 2011 at 4:01 am

Such a good idea! I have storage cabinets, but none with a TV!!! That rocks.

• Ashley on July 6, 2011 at 1:02 pm

Thanks so much Cheryl Ann:))) My hubby LOVES it;)

19. Elz on July 6, 2011 at 2:52 am

I have a really stupid question…. does your TV not get wet being outside?

• Ashley on July 6, 2011 at 2:56 am

Hi! Not a stupid question at all:) We have a covered porch. Before we had the cabinet to put the TV in we would use a grill cover over it….not attractive but it worked;) It doesn’t get wet in the cabinet under the porch at all:)

20. angelica jackon on July 6, 2011 at 2:39 am

That looks great! Love the way you can close it all up to protect the tv and hide the “stuff”!

• Ashley on July 6, 2011 at 2:55 am

Thank you Angelica! I’m so pleased with it:)