Revamping My Picture Wall!

I am in the middle of “musical rooms” at my house with the new baby on the way which also involved moving the kids playroom.  I have spent the last few weeks building, revamping and painting this area.  My latest project was changing up the old frame wall.  I showed you guys how I fabric matted my old frames.  This time around they will be getting a pop of color 🙂 Fun!

I am using the old frames from the wall and will also be adding a few new ones.  To start, you will need a frame.  I found all of mine at Walmart and Big Lots for under $3 a piece.  I like to get all different styles and shapes.

Remove the glass and all the other goodies that come on the inside of the frame.  I spray painted all of my frames with 1 coat of Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch in Cardinal Red.  I also purchased a couple packs of these clippies from Walmart at $1.88 for 4.  They also got a coat of Cardinal Red.

I decided to use scrapbook paper for my backgrounds.  It’s cheap and comes in just about every color.  I wanted to use the colors from the new play kitchen I built so I went with this book from Hobby Lobby at 1/2 off.  I have lots of extra paper but the kids will take care of it 🙂

I then used a craft knife to cut around the mat or glass of each frame.

Then, I sprayed the glass with Elmer’s spray adhesive and stuck the paper down to it.  I realized after doing this once that it is much easier to attach the glass to the paper and then cut.  Oh shwell.

Then, just put your glass back in the frame.  I like to include the mat and any cardboard that came with it in there behind the glass to keep it good and tight.

I used a little hot glue to attach my newly red clips to the top of each frame.  These are super cute and make it super easy to change your pictures out often.

Then, just attach the perfect picture!

I finished several for the play room wall but I have more to go.  5 kiddos means lots of frames 🙂

Here they are for now though…

Hope you like them!  They add just the color that I need and I revamped all of them for almost nothing!

Thanks so much to Tam at Sew Dang Cutefor asking us to guest post!  And congrats on that sew dang cute new baby ;-)!!

Make sure you go check out our post and others over at Sew Dang Cute!

1. Lucinda on October 15, 2012 at 4:57 pm

Very specific directions! Thank you soooooo much for sharing. I can’t wait to make mine. I just became a grandmother for the first time and I need to put up pics and I want to be able to keep them updated as he grows so fast. Thanks, thanks, thanks.

2. Jessica E Giovannetti on October 2, 2012 at 8:24 pm

What size frames did you use? It looks awesome! I’m not so good @ this type a thing 😉 ~ Thanks!

3. Kim on August 30, 2012 at 10:11 am

may be a dumb question. Did I miss how you attached the clip? Magnetic paint? nail? glue?

• Donna on September 12, 2012 at 12:12 pm

I just read through it and it says hot glue:-)

4. Brittny McLeod on July 3, 2012 at 6:16 pm

I just finished this frame project for my entry way. It turned out great. Such a cute idea. I hate taking frames apart and trying to get the picture perfectly straight! I blogged about it today and linked to your post, so I thought I’d share the link. 🙂 http://bsnovelwritingblog.blogspot.com/2012/07/pinterest-and-soap-successes.html

5. MamaSmurf on June 26, 2012 at 9:43 am

I used to have a refrigerator full of stuff. Now with grandkids, they can all have their own frame in the playroom for their art work. My kids grew up with the four colored tupperware cups so I think I will try one of each color so they know whose frame is whose.

6. Aubre Rice on January 19, 2012 at 1:12 pm

Awesome and bargain idea! Perfect for gifts and for our house! Thanks so much for sharing!

7. Jamie on December 1, 2011 at 4:54 am

Super cute! And the bunch of them looks great all together!

jamie @ sewrockin.com

8. Dinah on October 17, 2011 at 4:50 pm

I saw this on Pintrest. What a great idea! I love it and definitely going to make these! Thanks for the inspiration 🙂

9. tania on August 23, 2011 at 7:18 pm

What a great idea I can’t wait to try this!

10. Karen~ on August 22, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Love this idea! Thanks for sharing.

11. Sarah Bailey on August 20, 2011 at 10:50 pm

I found this on Pinterest and am wondering is the paper under the glass to protect it and the clip is glued to the glass? Thank you.

• Shanty2Chic on August 20, 2011 at 11:14 pm

Hey Sarah! I actually put the paper on top. I have seen ladies do them since with the glass on top though! I guess it would depend on where you put them. Mine are on the wall so I wasn’t too concerned about them getting dirty! Hope this helps!

12. Isabel on August 19, 2011 at 3:52 am

Wow, I love these, I want to make them right away! This is also my kind of project because I dont have much time since Im a full-time student with two kids! Thank you for sharing your wonderful ideas, I’ll show you how mine turn out :).

13. stephanie wind on August 18, 2011 at 8:52 pm

i absolutely LOVE this idea!!!

14. Tamara Bennett on August 15, 2011 at 1:39 am

I loved this so much, that I made my own! Here is my take on it: http://scrapcationgetaway.blogspot.com/2011/08/my-new-gallery-wall.html

I can’t wait for the holidays, I’m going to put old holiday photos in them!

15. RosieB on August 3, 2011 at 8:47 am

I love this idea! thanks so much

16. TamiV on July 16, 2011 at 3:49 pm

Such a quick and easy project with adorable results! Thanks for sharing!

17. Tara on July 15, 2011 at 12:13 pm

So adorable!!!! Love the photo wall!

18. Summer on July 15, 2011 at 3:12 am

I LOVE it! I read everything you post and don’t usually comment, but the combo of the gorgeous playroom storage set and this photo wall is stunning! I want to do it all – can’t wait, thanks for the inspiration!

19. Teri Thompson on July 14, 2011 at 3:21 pm

I absolutely love these. I have been searching and searching for a cute way to do pics in my “almost finished” nursery and this is just perfect…thanks for another great idea!

20. Jackie on July 14, 2011 at 1:53 am

WOW. I absolutely LOVE this idea. I think I may just have to use this for my son’s room. Thanks!

Jackie @