Headband and Jewelry Holder

Hey Guys!

I’m sure many of your are prepping for back to school.  This typically involves supplies, bags and stuff.  But, for my ladies it also means accessories 🙂

I have recently replenished the girls’ headband stash and have been in desperate need for some storage for them.  I wanted something cute that they could set up in their room that wasn’t completely an eyesore.  It also needed to be super functional.  I spent $10 on this project for all the supplies but it will make 2 which is great because I also think they double as great necklace and bracelet holders.  Here is what you are going to need….

I got all my supplies at Lowe’s and Hobby Lobby which happen to be conveniently across the street from each other 🙂

I started by cutting my spindle down.  I first cut it in half and then cut about 4″ off the bottom to make it a bit shorter.

I used Gorilla Glue Epoxy for the entire project.

I mixed some on a plate and then covered the bottom of my spindle base.

Then I just stuck it down to my oval. Simple.

My next step was to cut my dowel.  I cut mine about 12″ long and used some epoxy to attach it to the top of my spindle.

Once that dried I screwed in my finial.

My final step was to add my craft circles.  I used the epoxy to add one on each end.

Here it is ready for paint!

This little guy got two coats of Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch in Blue Sky.

After it was dry I distressed my edges just a bit using some 80 grit sand paper and I was set to go.  We showed you guys how to distress in our last video HERE.

Here it is all finished and functional of course :-)…

And don’t forget it serves great as a necklace and bracelet holder too!!!

What do you think??  My girls love it and I finally freed up a whole drawer in my bathroom 🙂 Yeah!!!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Have a great week!

1. idn poker deposit pulsa tanpa potongan on December 23, 2020 at 4:58 am

5 stars
    If you are going for best contents like myself, only
    visit this web site everyday for the reason that it
    provides feature contents, thanks

2. ask.fm on December 22, 2020 at 7:00 pm

1 star
    Have you ever thought about publishing an ebook or guest authoring on other sites?
    I have a blog centered on the same subjects you discuss and would love to have you
    share some stories/information. I know my viewers would appreciate your work.
    If you’re even remotely interested, feel free to send me an email.

3. ellenleemans on March 17, 2014 at 6:13 pm

I love it!! I needed stands and had much more expensive ones in mind. Glad I decided to “visit” Pinterest and find you!! I just bought everything I need and ready to start my new inexpensive project! My table, at the show, will look great with thanks to you. I’m also making the larger one to hang my baby rompers from. Thank you, thank you, thank you!! :))))))

4. Amber Ayotte on December 6, 2012 at 11:52 am

I love this and the basket idea! I also make and sell headbands this is such a great way to store them. After the new year I will also be making one for each of my DD’s!

5. Melisa on November 21, 2011 at 2:36 pm

I make and sell headbands, when I have my home parties, this is such a cute way for me to display them!!! Thanks for the idea!

6. Brandy on October 19, 2011 at 12:36 pm

I really love the idea, but I am having a hard time finding the spindle. Any ideas of where you got it..like which aisle?

• Laura Freeman on April 4, 2012 at 6:49 pm

I found a spindle at Lowes but it is a little different. It has a screw in the larger end so I screwed it into the base. I also found this exact finial at Lowes. Base circle and round circles at Hobby Lobby. I had Home Depot cut down a 1 inch square dowel into 3 pieces. Turned out cute.

7. Lesia on September 16, 2011 at 1:09 pm