Reclaimed Wood Nightstands

Hey everyone!  I have to show you what I’ve been working on!

Love!  I found the Reclaimed Wood Nightstand plans over at Ana’s!  They are a perfect match for my son’s Reclaimed Wood Headboard that I built him!

I used the Kreg Jig for this build and it made things so much easier!  Kreg is my new BFF!

The Kreg Jig is a pocket hole system that eliminates the need for 15 hands while you predrill 😉

and it drives the screws in at an angle making joints stronger!  I followed Ana’s directions for building the night stands with the Kreg Jig and it was so much easier than the predrilling I have done in the past!

Here are some pics of the building stages:)

Frames for the drawers

Ready for finish!  I used 1 coat of Minwax Dark Walnut stain and followed with Minwax Polycrylic.

For the final touch, I found these great pulls at Home Depot.  They weren’t cheap ($4.49 each) but I didn’t want to skimp on the hardware because these were the “perfect” touch;-)

I’m so glad I went with the hardware that I really wanted!  I love the way these turned out!

Where did I get that super cute lamp?  Oh… Wal-Mart for $9 (shhhhh)!  My son found some similar in the PBTeen catalog but that’s not in the budget (especially when I need 2;-)  I tried my luck at Wal-Mart and we are both happy!

Okay, here’s the run-down on cost:

$40 for lumber

$30 for hardware

I had the stain so that was free:)  $35 per night stand ~ I’ll take it!

***Stop by later and check out our 2nd video tutorial!***

Happy Monday to you all!

~Ashley

1. Luke on March 27, 2019 at 11:00 pm

Hi is the printable buildable plan available for this reclaimed wood night stand ?
    Thanks

2. Jeff on March 1, 2016 at 3:40 pm

what were the overall dimensions?

3. DrDenim on July 30, 2014 at 7:22 am

I’m working on this. When installing the tie-ins with 2.5 inch kreg screws the screws come out the side of the legs! This happened to about half of them. The screws are just too long, but there does not seem to be a 2 inch kreg screw? Is there a way to use regular wood screws?

4. Brittney Adams-Vivian on June 11, 2014 at 10:27 am

Did you use drawer slides with these?

5. Toni on May 28, 2012 at 6:53 am

My hubby made these for my daughter and they turned out awesome. I have to have some, so he is working on mine now. He is making them out of oak ( some wood we had) I can’t wait. Now I need a headboard to match. lol

6. Janet on September 7, 2011 at 2:26 am

You are a very talented craftsman/woman. It is a true job to take raw lumber and make it into beautiful furniture. My hubby used to do these things before his back took that from him, and I occasionally helped finish–he never painted. To make stain and poly look that good takes work and patience. ACES!!!!!
    janet

7. Amanda on September 6, 2011 at 11:29 am

What a great project! 🙂 I’ve featured this post on Craft Gossip here:

If you would like a “featured by” button, you can grab one here:

8. Beverly Roberson on September 5, 2011 at 4:06 pm

Beautiful!!

9. Carole @ Blue Chateau Interiors on September 5, 2011 at 12:15 pm

Great looking nightstand! I’m thinking I might have to get myself a Kreg Jig.

Visiting from Knockoff Decor. 🙂

10. Laura @ Laura's Crafty Life on September 4, 2011 at 12:59 am

These turned out great! And not too bad for the price either. I have been needing some nightstands for my bedroom and these look perfect! 🙂

11. Monica on September 3, 2011 at 4:02 am