My $10 Fall Wreath

Hey guys!  Whitney here…

I wanted to first say a big thank you to those of you that left prayers and sweet messages on our facebook page last week.  For those of you that don’t know, I was put in the hospital last week with low amniotic fluid.  I am 32 weeks pregnant and it came as quite a surprise.  The baby looked super healthy and happy on the monitor after a couple days, so I was sent home to take it easy and make sure I feel him kicking.  My family was a huge help in taking care of the other kids during this time.  I am so thankful to them.  I am also thankful for you guys.  Your messages were awesome.

Long story short…  I probably won’t be building any new furniture pieces in the next 6 weeks, but my hot glue gun will be seeing lots of action 😉

That leads me to my next project!  I started this before I went to the hospital and finally got the darn thing finished… Yeah!

My front door needed a new Fall wreath.

Here are my supplies…

3 fake pumpkin stems… I found mine at Hobby Lobby for around $1 a piece

Wood Monogram – Hobby Lobby for $1

Grapevine wreath – Hobby Lobby for $3

Burlap cut into 2″ strips – I bought 1/4 yard at Hobby Lobby for under $2.

You will also need some cream colored spray paint.

I started by pulling apart my pumpkins.  I took the stems off the top and pulled the sticks out of the bottoms.

I took the pumpkins and the “G” into the garage and gave them a good coat of cream spray paint.  While they were drying I got started on my rosettes!

I have done a few rosette tutorials, but in case you don’t feel like searching here is a refresher.

I fold my strip into 2 folds and hot glue the end to a piece of felt.

Now I just roll my strip towards the outside as I am gluing it down.  This is not very technical I know, but that’s the best way I can describe it.  It’s super easy. 🙂

At the end you will have a little tail of fabric like this.  I cut the rosette out and hot glue the tail to the back of the felt.  That’s it!  Super easy.

Once I finished all my flowers I started hot glueing it all together.  I just glued each flower and then the pumpkins to the bottom.  I also glued the pumpkins together so they would stick well.  Finally, I added the monogram and just glued it to whatever it was touching… Love me some hot glue.

I used some thick twine to hang it from my door.  Want to see it all finished??

Hope you like it!  My old wreath was looking a bit sad, so this brightens things up a bit.  Thank you so much again for everything!  I appreciate you guys 🙂  Have a great week!!!

1. Patricia on September 3, 2018 at 11:48 am

HI, what a cute wreath idea. I’m going to have to make this one! That’s so sweet your sharing the pattern with us. So glad everyone’s doing much better now. Bless your family, and especially the new little girl.

2. Ranae Draper Fox on November 4, 2012 at 6:04 pm

I stumbled over here through pinterest and I like the wreath but I agree with Sharon B., your front door is beautiful. I’d love to know, something you bought, something re-purposed – what’s the scoop on the door? lol

• Shanty2Chic on November 4, 2012 at 9:47 pm

Thanks so much! Glad to have you here 🙂 This is one I didn’t DIY… I bought it from a company in Ft. Worth called ResDoor. It is knotty alder. Hope this helps!

3. GlamorousMommy on August 26, 2012 at 5:41 pm

Looks great!

4. Sharon B on April 20, 2012 at 7:31 am

I love the wreath, however, I think the door is fabulous.

5. Carolyn on November 13, 2011 at 1:40 am

Love the idea to glue the rosette to a piece of felt. I’ve been struggling with having them retain their shape and this solves the problem! Appreciate it! And … gorgeous wreath!

6. Heather on November 7, 2011 at 2:57 pm

Thanks for sharing this cute wreath! I put white magnolias instead of pumpkins, but did everything else the same. It came out so cute, and I’m giving it as a Christmas present for a anytime of year wreath. 🙂 Thanks so much. My florets don’t look anywhere near as good as yours though! Thanks again!

7. Dee on October 6, 2011 at 6:18 pm

First time visit to your site…what a beautiful wreath and so easy. Thanks for sharing this. Hope all is well for you and your family.

8. Tara on October 5, 2011 at 8:19 pm

I love this wreath, but have never made rosettes. Mine are definitely not cute and I can’t get the hang of them. Wish you were here to show me. 🙂

9. organizingwithe on October 4, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Very creative!!!!!! Chic and yet homey at the same time……

10. Ginger on September 30, 2011 at 1:31 am

This, My Dear, is quite stunning. I might just have to imitate this!!

11. Ginger on September 30, 2011 at 1:29 am

This, my dear, I might just have to imitate! Simply stunning!

12. Amanda on September 25, 2011 at 8:49 pm

Absolutely love this wreath! About to get brave enough to try the rosettes;) Have pinned them long ago!

Glad you and baby are well. That is really scary for a mama!
    Amanda