Chevron Stocking Hangers

We have seen a ton of DIY Stocking Hangers on Pinterest lately and well….we had to make our own version!

Here’s how we made ours for under $5 each!

We started with 2 scrap 2×6’s cut at 5 1/4″ each and sprayed them with our favorite cream spray paint.

To add some fun Chevron flair, we cut a Chevron pattern with our Silhouette and dry brushed the pattern on to both blocks with a light gray acrylic paint. To dry brush, dab the paint off of the brush until it’s very dry and then blot the paint on to the stencil.

When the paint dried, we attached the two blocks with an epoxy.

We found these simple hooks at Lowe’s for $3.50..

and screwed them in to the center of the bottom block.

We LOVE these finals that we purchase at Lowe’s (2 for $2.00) so we spray painted them cream and

pre-drilled a hole in the top block to screw them in to.

For the final touches, we spray painted these cute mini clothespins (purchased at Hobby Lobby ~ about 30 for $1.50 after coupon) and hot glued them under the finals.

That was it!!!  These are very sturdy and will hold the weight of a filled stocking!  If you have extra full stockings you could use sticky tack underneath if necessary;)

We can’t wait to add these to our Christmas decor this year! Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Ashley

1. naomi r on August 15, 2012 at 12:15 pm

i found the same hooks at walmart for around 6 bucks for a pack of 6! love your blog, a total inspiration

2. Leslie from Onesie Twosie on December 28, 2011 at 8:51 pm

These are awesome. I think I might have to make these! Then, I think I’ll make a combination of this with your decorative hook thingy in order to make a towel holder for my kiddos’ bathroom. Thanks!

3. Toodie on December 11, 2011 at 9:22 am

Absolutely love them!!!!! Combines my love of scrapbooking and novelty; what could be better? Thanks so much for the inspiration!

4. kim@too much time on October 31, 2011 at 4:20 pm

This is awesome! I featured you today, come check it out.

5. michele@hellolovelyinc on October 30, 2011 at 3:33 pm

cute cute cute and have never seen these elsewhere!

visiting via TTJ and so glad to find your post! would love to have you stop by for my shabby chic giveaway!

best to you.

michele

6. Megan on October 30, 2011 at 2:44 am

These are simply adorable!! Great idea!

7. Ruth on October 29, 2011 at 2:29 am

These ate spectacular. I need to try something like this and make some new stockings.
    Thanks for another great tutorial.
    Ruth

8. Ashley on October 24, 2011 at 4:12 pm

I love the chevron! I’m working on some made out of wood too : ) They are in my unfinished projects pile — (along with a ton of other things!)

9. Minna on October 24, 2011 at 12:56 pm

These look great! One question I have though…does the weight of the 2×6’s prevent them from toppling over once a stocking filled with goodies is hung from it? Thanks.

• Ashley on October 24, 2011 at 1:26 pm

Thanks Minna! They are just as heavy as weighted stocking holders:)

• Kasey McComas on December 19, 2013 at 3:06 pm

I was wondering if they were heavy enough to hold a stocking. I’m in the process of making these, love them!!

• Shanty2Chic on December 19, 2013 at 3:08 pm

Hi Kasey,
          Use 3M command strips on the bottom! That will keep them in place with full stockings 🙂

10. Creative Busy Hands on October 24, 2011 at 12:51 pm

Just gorgeous! Love the idea of have the stocks hanging with a “face” to represent it. Thanks so much for sharing.

• Ashley on October 24, 2011 at 1:27 pm