Reclaimed Wood Wall Art

Hey there!  I am soooo excited to be the proud owner of the new Silhouette Cameo!  This thing is AWESOME ~ check out the first project I made with it!

See that wall art hanging over my couch?  That’s it:)  Here’s how I made it for $25 with my new Cameo!

I alternated 1×6’s with 1×4’s (mine were cut down to 40″).

To hold them in place, I wood-glued and nailed 3 1×3’s to the backside of the boards.  I followed up with one coat of Minwax Dark Walnut stain.

Now for the Cameo to do its magic (oooooo…ahhhhhhh)!!

The Cameo will cut through fabric, vinyl, cardstock, paper and more, up to 12 inches and 10 feet!  That’s right 10 FEET:)   I chose contact paper for this project because I just wanted a stencil.  I then chose a script font from my computer and began cutting:)

I dry brushed over the stencil with a cream-colored acrylic paint and my job was done!

Well…. after attaching this heavy-duty picture hanging kit on the back.  This isn’t super heavy but better safe than sorry;)  Now, mission complete!

This might be my favorite piece I have made for my house:)))  Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Ashley

1. Kristel on December 28, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Love ti! Amazing the things we can do with a little reclaimed wood. Love the color, and the message 😉

2. [email protected] on December 28, 2011 at 1:46 pm

Love it! It works so well with your leather couch. Thanks for sharing and that Cameo looks like a great tool.

3. Alyssa on December 3, 2011 at 10:59 pm

Looks great! Now, completely off topic….I WANT YOUR COUCH! we have been looking all over for couches and as soon as I saw yours I now have a picture to help me track down what I want! If you know by chance the brand or how old it is, maybe where you got it, anything it would be so helpful! perhaps you could lift up a seat cushion and it would tell you everything on a tag! I would much appreciate it!

4. She on December 2, 2011 at 6:04 am

I absolutely love this! AND the overall look of this room! I’ve been searching for an Idea for over a year now & I finally found THEE ONE! Thanks for the great idea! ~Shen

5. Pam on November 19, 2011 at 4:59 pm

I would love to have this! Love your blog–thank you so much!

6. Shannon on November 17, 2011 at 6:04 pm

This looks amazing and I want to do this for my house ASAP! Question, what kind of wood did you use? Any particular type? Thanks!!!

7. Lily on November 9, 2011 at 8:29 pm

This is so simple looking but really beautiful.

8. Brandy on November 9, 2011 at 4:19 am

I LOVE the look of this. Exactly what kind of wood(s) did you use and where did you buy it? Thanks!

9. Trudy on November 9, 2011 at 3:21 am

Love this!!! I also love your wall color!!
    Would you mind sharing the name and brand of paint??
    This is he color I have been hoping to get on my walls for a long time but keep striking out!!
    Thanks

10. Samantha on November 7, 2011 at 7:06 pm

Oh my goodness, that looks amazing!! How clever, I love reclaimed wood projects. Thank you so much for sharing!

11. Meg loop on November 7, 2011 at 2:31 am

I just wanted you to know I made this today and I am in love! Thanks so much for sharing! I am a new follower.

12. Amy @ Positively Splendid on November 6, 2011 at 10:25 pm

This is just gorgeous, ladies! I hope you’ve had a great weekend!

13. Michelle at Faith, Trust, & Pixie Dust on November 6, 2011 at 2:36 am

Pretty darn cute! It looks really great with your other decor too.

Warmly, Michelle

14. theresa on November 5, 2011 at 11:49 pm

This is awesome! I don’t have a cameo, but maybe if I kept the design simple enough, I too could have a cool sign hanging in my home! t.xoxoox

15. Jamie on November 5, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Amazing, love it!

[email protected]

16. Jamie on November 5, 2011 at 8:53 pm

Beautiful. It goes perfect with your coffee table. I’m a new follower. Hope to see you at DIY Home Sweet Home.
    P.S. I have a link party every Monday and would love for you to link up all your projects.
    Jamie

17. Courtney on November 5, 2011 at 5:59 pm

I LOVE this! I would love if you would share this at the Crazy Cute link party happening at Between U & Me right now! I’ve got a totally awesome giveaway this week, too!
    OOH! AND, I’m your newest follower! 😉

18. Chrissy on November 5, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Gorgeous! I’ve been telling my husband I need old wood pallets so I can make something like this. I’m definitely pinning this idea (Pinterest!) so I can do it in the future! Thanks for the inspiration!

19. Nikki on November 5, 2011 at 1:03 pm

Visiting from TT&J. I love this project and cant wait to give it a try. Thanks for the instructions.

20. Danielle on November 5, 2011 at 5:25 am

I am in love with this. The cameo is really awesome! I love how together your living room is. So pretty:>
    I’d love for you to link this up to my linky party.