Letter Photo Art for Christmas!

Hey everyone!  To keep up with all of our Christmas posts make sure to FOLLOW us on Instagram!

I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving!  We did for sure!  I am always trying to think of thrifty, unique and thoughtful gifts to make my family and friends each year.  I love making custom pieces that they wouldn’t receive from anyone else.  This year I decided to make my niece and nephew name signs for their room.  I decided that this would be our teacher gifts this year as well, only I will use their last names!

Today I am showing you the sign I made my for niece Londyn.

IMG_00991-500x333

I found a GREAT flickr photo site on Pinterest.  It is an amazing source for letter photos.  There are literally hundreds of each letter.  You can see that site HERE!  You simply download for FREE and print from your own printer… Pretty darn cheap and easy!  I found her letters and got started on the rest.

I bought 6 4×6 frames at the Dollar Tree for a buck a piece.

I removed all the plastic and glass from the frames like this…

I gave them all a coat of my very favorite…

Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch

You can get it at Home Depot.

I used Heirloom White for the frames…

Here they are drying…

While those were drying, I started on my wood.

I used a 2×10 for my sign.  This is heavy and will sit alone on a table without support.  If you are wanting to hang yours on a wall, you could also use a 1×10.

I paid $4.50 for an 8ft board and made 2 signs from it.

I cut a 36″ piece and painted it Sweet Pea.

While that was drying I finished up my frames.  I added the glass back into each frame and also added my new FREE letter photos.  Once I attached the back I gently pulled the support piece off the back of each frame.  That was quite easy to do on dollar store frames 😉

Then, I added a bit of hot glue to the corners of each frame and attached them to my new pink board.

The result…

What do you think?

I am so excited to also make these for the kiddos teachers.  I am planning on staining the boards and going with a neutral frame color so they can use them anywhere.

If you are making a longer name, I would suggest going with 3×5 frames and using a 2×6 or a 2×8 as your board.

And now let’s do the math… I paid $6 for the frames, $2.50 per sign for the wood, and the pictures were free.  That’s about $10 a sign if you count the spray paint… My kind of gift!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Let me know if you have any questions!

1. Takri on January 27, 2017 at 5:29 am

I will get this amazing for me .thank you!…

2. Takri on January 27, 2017 at 5:13 am

I will get this amazing for me .thank you!…

3. Abdullah Allamin on November 6, 2016 at 10:54 pm

Very creative thinking. I got your links and I am also thinking to make this for my family. But I am thinking about time. How much time it will take for a 6 frames board?

4. 2 boys mom on July 28, 2015 at 9:09 am

I have used these letters in the past with no problem. All I had to do was click on the picture, right click it, choose my size, then save it to My Documents. Now when I click a picture, it takes me to Flickr and I can’t save them or choose my size. HELP!!!!

5. clipping path on December 12, 2014 at 5:05 am

hi Shanty2Chic,
    wonderful letter photo art for chrismas and here photo frames are nice.
    tutorial for photo framed creating process is very nice and helpful and thanks for step by step process .

6. Lauren Johnson on July 23, 2014 at 12:17 pm

Just finished mine! Love it.. So fun + easy!

• Lauren Johnson on July 23, 2014 at 12:19 pm

Here’s mine 🙂

7. Karen on July 13, 2014 at 1:24 pm

Hi! I love these I made two for baby shower gifts and plan to make more. I have a question though, did any of your frames pop off of the board? I had two pop off before giving them…. I was able to re glue, but this could be dangerous if hung above a crib. Do you think I didn’t have enough glue? Please let me know your thoughts, as I plan to make more. Thanks!

8. Karen on July 13, 2014 at 12:39 pm

9. Karen on July 13, 2014 at 11:04 am

10. Michelle Miller on December 18, 2013 at 11:18 am

After downloading from the site, I am having trouble getting them to print 4×6 without it cropping off portions of the pic…did you do anything different?

11. Becky on November 29, 2013 at 1:47 pm

Info from anyone who has done this please — I am going to make several for Christmas presents and all of the frames I have found at the dollar stores are plastic and not wood. Will they take paint well or do I have to go with more expensive wood frames? Thanks!

12. Kim on July 17, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Do you have these same type of print outs but in numbers?? I would like to make a 3 picture frame of my wedding date! 🙂

13. Veronica Fischer on June 24, 2013 at 10:22 am

find the letters that you want from the Flickr site she provided. smallest size should work for 4×6. click on pic so it enlarges to a different screen. right click on it, choose size and save it to your computer. then upload the saved images to wherever you want to print them from

14. Veronica Fischer on June 24, 2013 at 10:18 am

did you get the board at a place like home depot?

15. Summer Simmons on June 5, 2013 at 2:48 pm

Are you able to print the letters in a 3 x 5? I have a nine letter last name I am trying to do, so I need to print smaller. Having a hard time with the site. I love this idea!!

16. disqus_FSLvda8zIS on May 27, 2013 at 8:05 am

Thank you for the inspiration! I did this, but instead bought a small picture hanging kit at the dollar tree and hung each individual frame, that way I can trade out pics and change the word. It hangs in my entryway and right now it says “Blessed”. LOVE this!

• disqus_FSLvda8zIS on May 27, 2013 at 8:08 am

Also, I saved the pics to my computer, transferred them to an SD card, then took them to Walmart and printed (and adjusted) them on their self service machines. My frames were 4*6 but I would suggest going up one size. At 4*6 the pics tend to cut off the edges of the letters.

17. Pat on May 13, 2013 at 2:25 pm

Thanks! I’m going to make this. I love crafts!!

18. Linda Reetz on May 8, 2013 at 8:23 pm

Would look really good in black!

19. Misty Hunt Doughty on March 19, 2013 at 9:29 pm

Adding this to my list!

20. abbymcalister@yahoo.com on March 12, 2013 at 8:55 am

I did it. thanks for your inspiration!! Well, we are almost finished. We live in the Middle East and do you know how hard it was to find 4×6 frames…oh my! Now we are trying to figure out a board. We dont have walmarts, dollar stores, target, etc…..I miss America a LOT and the stores in times like this :(….but the end result, I am sure, will be loved by my friend and her family!

21. Jessica on February 8, 2013 at 11:49 am

I can’t wait to try this! I am surprising my Mom with one to announce the arrival of a new grandchild….11 pictures of the current grandkids and one on the end of “Coming in October!”. Question for you….is there a way I can make it so the pictures can be changed out? So, as the grandkids grow and change, she can change the pictures?

• Jessica on February 8, 2013 at 11:50 am

Oh, also, I found you on Pinterest. I am now obsessed with your site and follow your blog as well. Thank you for the great ideas!

22. sarah on December 5, 2012 at 9:56 am

How do you download, and print. I am trying to print letters off.

23. Jessie Bronkalla Lamberty on December 4, 2012 at 5:47 pm

we just made these for christmas presents and printed the letters at walgreens for a few cents a piece- saved tons of printer ink and kept the letters in color, they turned out gorgeous!

24. Emily Hutfloetz Brady on November 23, 2012 at 8:27 am

serious…. AWESOME! So happy I found this! Thanks for sharing! God Bless-Em

25. Vicki on November 18, 2012 at 7:42 am

You are so creative! I LOVE this idea! Everyone on my list is getting one this year! Thank you for sharing:)

26. Sheryl on November 15, 2012 at 8:27 am

the pictures are coming out square and if you print a 4×6 it cuts off the top and bottom. How did you get the whole letter and still have the 4×6 size?

27. Jessica Steel on November 7, 2012 at 4:01 pm

How much space btw each frame and how much on each end? I can’t get my pictures to print the full page

28. usvietnamvet on November 4, 2012 at 4:04 pm

These would look great with quilling added to them.

29. Mandy Lee Eisenberg on November 3, 2012 at 4:28 pm

did you just use a regular piece of plywood board from like home depo or somthing? or where did you get the board…

30. krystal on October 26, 2012 at 9:08 am

Ya know, you can also just save them to your computer, download them on walmart.com and get pictures printed in 4×6. Walmart website shows you what it will look like before you get them printed. Just an idea. You can also choose the option to print in black and white.

31. Karrie on October 23, 2012 at 2:01 pm

love those, I’ve been framing them for years, and your cost seems much more my style

32. Debra L. Chapman on October 19, 2012 at 12:36 pm

I cannot for the life of me figure out where to print from! they are not coming out 4×6.. ugh HELP!

33. Rag Dolls Rising on October 13, 2012 at 8:44 am

This is wonderful, am going to give it a try!

34. Mumzy'sCup'oJoe on October 11, 2012 at 10:33 am

Thank you! Thank you!! Thank you!!! I’ve been looking for a site that had these letters so I could DIY—now I’m on it myself!!! The possibilities are endless 😉

35. kmobes on October 8, 2012 at 11:25 am

I have been looking for something like this to do in our daughter’s room. I love this idea, and it’s not too expensive.

36. Dawne on October 7, 2012 at 9:29 pm

How do you download them in a 4×6 size? I can only download them in 4×4.

37. Taisiya Oliphant on October 2, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Thank you so much! Working on it now.

38. nicole on September 24, 2012 at 2:52 pm

How come the frames that are still wrapped are different from the painted frames?

• Mary Noonebetta Hamburg on March 28, 2014 at 3:27 pm

they were painted white

• melinda o on April 30, 2014 at 4:47 pm

no, they are different. The cheap frames from the dollar store are flat with no floral design along the innner edge….which makes the finished product more attractive than if she used the cheapo frames……hmmmmm.

39. Lee Ann on September 23, 2012 at 12:08 pm

Beautiful!!!!! Thank you so much for sharing your awesome tutorial!!!

Lee Ann

40. Emily on September 22, 2012 at 4:00 pm

Great idea!! After gluing a couple of frames to the board, I had the idea of using velcro instead of hot glue. This way the frames would be taken down and the pictures swapped out.

41. Dawn on September 22, 2012 at 6:43 am

I have a question and feel totally dumb for asking this. But how do you download them to the size that you need for printing (example 4×6)?

42. Kelly on September 19, 2012 at 8:30 am

Awesome idea! Do you have a website link for numbers too?

43. Helen Smith on September 15, 2012 at 6:26 pm

Can youi please tell me where to get the letters? Been searching and can’t find. Thanks!

44. Pixelary on September 13, 2012 at 11:41 pm

To get each letter to print as a 4×6, did you use particular software? I went to print and only had the options for varying square sizes.

45. Mary Burgess on September 7, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Hi I found your site via pinterest a few weeks ago. And I LOVE this idea!! My daughter’s name is Saraia same amount of letters, so I thought it would work! super bummed it didn’t look as fantastic as yours did, (but I will be trying again soon). However, I did not give up! I started playing around with the frames and the pictures and wallah I came up with a beautiful concept that I will be hanging on her wall. When I finish it (tonight) I will take a picture to show you! Thank you for your inspiration!

FYI to the comments below, you REALLY have to play with things before you just up and try to pop out a DIY craft online. When you download the picture, the best idea is to download the ORIGINAL picture file. That way the picture isn’t cropped too large etc. It took lots of trips to CVS finally a purchase of ink and printer paper for me to finally figure it out.

46. Lori on September 6, 2012 at 9:26 pm

Thanks so much for the cute idea! I did mine today and it turned out so cool! Tomorrow I’m doing another one. 🙂

47. Kristi Hillquist on September 3, 2012 at 3:35 pm

Aww I need help printing the pictues to the right size. I have downloaded th epics but when I print the pictures are cut off. I have read the comments and still cant do it. Anyhelp will be aprciated. I am making one for my baby sis bridal shower. Thanks.

48. Kelly on August 31, 2012 at 5:30 pm

When I try to print these letters to a 4×6 it crops them A LOT. How did you keep the integrity of the letters when you printed them?

49. Andrea Abbott on August 31, 2012 at 3:18 pm

My only question is how do I go about downloading, there is no option for that…

• Lori on September 6, 2012 at 9:32 pm

Andrea…once you find the letter you want, click on it. It takes you to a screen where the picture is blown up. Now click on the picture again. At the top right you’ll see “view all sizes”. Click on that. Choose the size you want. NOW, you can do one of two things. You can click on “Download….” OR you can right click on the image and save it to your computer that way. Once you have the picture saved, you can edit it in your favorite photo app.

50. Andrea Abbott on August 31, 2012 at 3:03 pm

The link for the letters is in the second little paragraph at the top, if you click on the word HERE it will take you to the page with the letters.

51. Brittany B on August 30, 2012 at 3:52 pm

Ok, I got everything this link says to get and the wood was entirely too small for the frames. There was no room for anything on top or bottom or the sides. I could only fit 4 frames on it. What did you do that I didn’t?? The picture of the finished product shows spacing in between and extra wood on top/bottom of the frames. Can you tell me exactly what you said to lowe’s to have the wood cut? I wanted the 1×10 pine, so they can hang it on the wall. Hope I can finish this! Such a cute project!

• Lori on September 6, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Measure, measure, measure!! If you got 4×6 frames and the 2×8 wood, you should have been just fine. I used 5×7’s for my first project and needed 7 letters (it’s a big focal piece). So 5″ wide x 7 frames = 35″. Add a few more inches for the space between and the ends and there’s your length. Hope that helps!

• Guest on March 28, 2015 at 9:53 am

You also need to consider the actual size of the frame. It may be a frame for a 4×6 photo, but depending how wide the wood is, the actual frame could be bigger than 5×7.

52. organizerforu on August 28, 2012 at 7:59 pm

in the second paragraph is the words fliker site in a different color font. it will take tyou to the site for pictures

53. pattip62 on August 28, 2012 at 11:40 am

Did you print the letters using copy paper or photo paper? Thanks

54. Kristen Wilkins on August 25, 2012 at 1:05 pm

Where did you find the 2×4 hollowed out that way? Thanks

55. acase145 on August 24, 2012 at 8:29 pm

so, i tried making this as an anniversary gift for my dad and step-mom…..cut a 36” piece of wood for 6 letters……stained it and then went and bough cheap frames from walmart. (husband works 2nd shift and i have 2 little boys so had to do a little at a time) ……the board is 10 inches short…..can only fit 5 letters on the board and i used 4×6 letters. super bummed…..i live 8 hours away from them and will be seeing them this weekend and their anniversary is Monday…..i guess their gift will be late. frames aren’t even thick ones. even if they were thin all the letters wouldn’t even fit. 🙁 love this idea…….but upset now that i can’t give my parents their gift.

• Shanty2Chic on August 24, 2012 at 9:46 pm

I’m so sorry it didn’t work out for you Amber. I always give my directions exactly how I do them myself. I bet they still love it even if it’s a little bit late though. 😉 Hope it works better next time. I did get my frames at the Dollar Tree, so maybe that’s the difference.

56. lisa on August 21, 2012 at 3:41 pm

You’re the bestest. I always enjoy your creativity!

57. misty on August 21, 2012 at 12:34 pm

so i found the link for the letters but am having problems printing. I love this idea! My daughter will be born december of this year and i wanted to make one for her room

58. Gayle on August 19, 2012 at 5:29 pm

Please share how you resized the pictures. I have been trying with no such luck.Thanks

59. Gayle on August 19, 2012 at 5:26 pm

I need help with resizing. When I try to resize the photo it makes my letter mis shaped or cuts part of it off. Please help, if anyone knows how to do this. Thanks

60. Maddi on August 19, 2012 at 2:54 pm

I found all the letters but I’m not sure how to download the pictures. Can you help?

• kristen on October 4, 2012 at 10:34 am

what is the link for the letters

61. Cindy on August 19, 2012 at 8:21 am

Did you print the letters on regular copy paper or send them to a photo lab?

62. Tonya on August 16, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Sorry, last paragraph, above the first photo…

63. Tonya on August 16, 2012 at 5:05 pm

Lindsay, It is within the last paragraph, first sentence and the link says, “GREAT flikr photo site…hope this helps.

64. Mitzi on August 15, 2012 at 7:06 am

This is absolutely the cutest thing I have seen. Would be so cute to give as a birthday gift to a little girl or even a big girl….lol. Endless ideals with this ne.

65. Katy Wescott on August 13, 2012 at 8:48 pm

OMG!!! I have veen trying to figure out for an hour how resize the picutes…WOOHOO I finally figured it out! This is an awesome & cost effective teacher gift! I can’t wait to get started! Thanks

• Ashley Niemann Adams on August 16, 2012 at 11:39 am

how do you resize them? i keep clicking on “download xx version” to print off, but they all show up full size!

• Kim on September 24, 2012 at 10:49 am

Any chance you can tell me how you got them sizes 4×6. I love this idea but I am struggling.

66. Lindsay on August 12, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Idk if I’m missing it or what but i cannot find the link for the letters?

67. Brittany on August 9, 2012 at 3:56 pm

What size do you download for a 4×6 picture?

68. Lauren on August 9, 2012 at 1:23 pm

I got a spray paint from walmart it is white semi gloss paint and i spray painted the frames but the original color of the frames is seeping through the paint and they will not stay white, any suggestions?

• Jeannie on August 12, 2012 at 10:18 am

You can get a primer spray paint at Home Depot or Lowe’s as well. That should keep it from bleeding through.

69. Steph on August 2, 2012 at 8:36 am

i want to do this for my boyfriend’s new home. but i dont want the frames to fall within a few days/months. did the frames stayed glued to the wood (considering that was made back last year….)?

70. Elizabeth on July 25, 2012 at 3:03 pm

I don’t see the letter L that you used on the flikr site you linked to. I was looking for that exact one. Did you get it somewhere else?

• Shanty2Chic on July 25, 2012 at 3:06 pm

No, that is where I found all of them. Not sure where it is! Sorry!

• Leah Donn on August 15, 2012 at 1:48 pm

It is on the third page… It is a red L on a white background. You have to make it black and white when you edit…

71. Shanty2Chic on July 25, 2012 at 5:48 am

I have a link in the post… Thanks!

72. ady on July 24, 2012 at 9:01 pm

This is the best site I found for this. http://www.letter-photo.com/

73. BreAnne Allen on July 24, 2012 at 11:31 am

Where do I get the letters at?

74. Kasey on July 21, 2012 at 9:47 am

I made one of these for my friend Brittany and I used black for the wood and i think the same pink for the frames and she loves it. I would suggest though if you are doing a longer name to go up and down or get smaller frames. It is quite long and she is having a hard time figuring out where to hang it. I then entered it in the Anderson County Fair in Tennessee and it won first place and I volunteer in the same building and I have overheard many people wanting to replicate this frame. Thanks for the idea. This is now on everyone’s christmas list that i know. Haha.

• Shanty2Chic on July 22, 2012 at 6:06 am

That is awesome Kasey!! Glad to hear they loved it 🙂 Thanks so much for your message!

75. Ang on July 18, 2012 at 10:46 am

Can anyone tell me where they bought their wood? I can’t find the perfect piece! Thanks 🙂

76. KayLeigh on July 16, 2012 at 5:30 pm

I made one and It turned out fantastic! Thank you!

• Shanty2Chic on July 16, 2012 at 6:01 pm

That’s so great!! We would love to see pics if you ever have time to post it on our Facebook! Thanks so much! 😉

77. LJean on July 4, 2012 at 6:11 pm

Great Idea…But I tried downloading the picture in it’s original form (from the flickr website) but when they were printed out the letters were too big and did not look good. I previewed the photos on iPhoto and they seemed fine but not the case when they were printed. And Ideas on what size to download so it fits in a 4×6 would be greatly appreciated????? I

• Shanty2Chic on July 5, 2012 at 6:05 am

After downloading them, I used a photo editing program(like Kodak or PS Elements) to resize them to 4×6 before printing. There are many free editing programs with this feature. Hope this helps! Thanks!

• Brittany B on August 30, 2012 at 3:06 pm

Hi, I downloaded my letters and then made them 4×6 on a resizing program and when I printed them they came out blurred and couldn’t even tell what they were. Any suggestions on a better free editing site? I LOVE this idea, I just can’t get my lettering to print correctly! 🙂 you can also email me if that’s easier. Bishopnursing@yahoo.com. Thank you!! -Brittany

78. Tammy Shaffer-Johnson on July 4, 2012 at 8:27 am

I love love love this!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank you for the idea!!!

79. Bethany on July 3, 2012 at 8:22 am

I/m curious about the hot glue holding the frames. After all this time there are no issues the frames stay on the wood board nicely with just hot glue?

• Shanty2Chic on July 3, 2012 at 1:46 pm

Hers is still perfectly in tact. If you are concerned just use something like Gorilla Glue Epoxy to hold them in place.

80. Sally wright on July 2, 2012 at 8:24 am

Thanks so much for sharing this very creative idea!! I love how you use frames mounted on the block of wood. Thinking of a word that I want to use for this…

81. Hadley on June 30, 2012 at 10:41 am

How do you download them? Because I went on his Flicker site and I tried saving photo as and it won’t let me.

• Sara on July 1, 2012 at 5:35 pm

Go to the site, right click, choose the size you want and click it. It will open the picture and at the top left is the option to “Download the (actual) size of this photo.” Click and save it wherever you want it. 🙂

82. Fallon on June 29, 2012 at 7:31 am

how do you get the free letters

83. Jill on June 20, 2012 at 11:36 am

What was your spacing for in between the picture frames, and on each end? Also what was the measurements of the picture frames themselves. Like it held a 4×6 picture, but it was probably the size of a 5×7 I’m guessing. I just wanted to make sure. I’m making four and bought a 1x10x12 but didn’t want to screw up and not have enough board for each one.

84. Heather on June 18, 2012 at 2:32 am

Found your site from Pinterest and I am so thankful I did!!! I love this so much! Thanks for the great and cheap idea!!!!

85. Brittiney on June 17, 2012 at 11:54 am

This is amazing, I love the idea!!!! Where can I find the link for the letters?

• Shanty2Chic on July 2, 2012 at 3:25 pm

There is a link in my post! Thanks 🙂

86. Ashley on June 10, 2012 at 10:41 pm

Hi! I’ve been looking for a site for the letter shapes like this, but I went to the site and I can’t figure out how to download each letter. When I right-click on the picture, it just talks about restrictions, and will not let me save-as, or copy, or do any action. If you have any ideas, or if anyone else knows what I’m doing wrong, please let me know at Ashes1434@hotmail.com

Thank you!

• Shanty2Chic on July 2, 2012 at 3:25 pm

87. Tammy on June 2, 2012 at 5:57 pm

First of all…LOVE IT!!! So much that I made one as a gift and now I have been asked to make and sell 2 more!! My question…I am unsure as to how much I should charge. I did the word “Family” by using 4×6 frames on a 1×10 board. Frames were black on a rustic maroon board. I’d send you a pic if I knew where to post it. I figured I made this for $21.58. I’m think about either charging $5 or $7 per letter. Thoughts??? Thanks so much for sharing this!!

• JustAThought on July 5, 2012 at 7:08 pm

I wouldn’t recommend selling them…unless you are planning on taking original photos for the letters. The site seems to suggest they are for non-commercial use only, so if you’re going to use them I would contact the account holder who’s made the letters available. Credit where credit is due, and all that. Good luck 🙂

88. Ashley Scheuer on May 28, 2012 at 8:35 pm

I love this idea!! Thank you so much for sharing!

89. Bailey on May 28, 2012 at 7:49 am

Thank you so much! I am doing this for one my husbands high school friends who is getting married this June! and have been searching all over for letter pictures that are free..Not going to spend an arm and a leg just for someone else to print them. Thanks for the tutorial!! Love it.

• Shanty2Chic on July 2, 2012 at 3:26 pm

Awesome Bailey! I would love to see pics if you have any!

90. Michelle on May 23, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Hey. I want to do this, but I want to be able to hang it on the wall. Have you tried doing it on a 1×10? My dad says that 1×10’s warp so I’m a little worried about that.

• Michelle on May 28, 2012 at 12:49 pm

Any help anyone? Any ideas of something that would work instead of a board to avoid warping?

• Shanty2Chic on July 2, 2012 at 3:27 pm

If you buy a higher grade wood it shouldn’t warp, especially hanging inside. It will cost more though.

91. Terri on May 2, 2012 at 7:07 pm

I found you on Pinterest. Thank you for sharing, I have been wanting to have something like this, now with the FREE printable letters, I can!

92. Jennifer Owens on April 18, 2012 at 10:42 am

Hi there! What size letter did you print to fit in the 4’6 frame? I’m on the website to print the letters now and I can’t figure out what size I need. =/ lol. Thanks in advance. =)

• Shanty2Chic on July 2, 2012 at 3:27 pm

I actually downloaded them, and then resized them in my photo editing program before printing!

• sf3115 on August 8, 2012 at 9:07 pm

I am pretty proficient with photo editing software and cant figure out how to get a square pic, which all on the website seem to be, to a 4×6 without cropping?? Any advise? I love love love this idea! Was searching for something to do with my last name to hang over the door as you go into my sun porch – this was perfect!!

93. Katherine on April 5, 2012 at 10:00 am

This is genius, thank you for sharing!

94. Heather on February 23, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Probably a dumb question… but where did you get the wood for this project? Home depot, Lowes? Do they cut it down to size for you?

95. Joanne on February 23, 2012 at 11:58 am

Love this idea – I have been eyeballing the expensive versions of this for years! Thank you 🙂

96. Rae S. on February 14, 2012 at 1:30 am

Did you use two different styles of frames? The first few images, of the Dollar Store frames, are of plain frames with no decorative detail… But the final board features frames with a sweet little decorative detail around the pictures – were both styles of frames from the Dollar Store? Either way they look great, I was just wondering…

• Shanty2Chic on February 14, 2012 at 2:39 am

I made more than one. The steps were from another board.

97. Kelly Minor on February 11, 2012 at 9:28 pm

YAY!! I figured it out, how to crop it to fit the frame! This project is just simply beautiful, thank you for sharing it!! Keep em’ coming!!

98. kaytie on January 29, 2012 at 9:34 pm

I absolutely adore this idea and plan to make this as gifts!!! An easy way to scale down photos would be to save the image, and have them printed @ Walgreens in a 4×6 print – then they’re glossy, and save ink! Walgreens always has special discounts for photos and you can get them cheap!

• kaytie on January 29, 2012 at 9:36 pm

also! Walgreens photo editor has an option to change it to black and white – this way, all of your photos will have the same level of saturation!

99. Jess on January 26, 2012 at 9:00 pm

Did you use regular print paper or picture paper to print these on?

100. BritGirlTX on January 8, 2012 at 3:19 am

WOW! Thank you! I’m going to create a dry erase board with the letters in the frames … oh my gosh … is Dollartree open? Tee hee!

101. Kathy on January 4, 2012 at 9:09 pm

Ok…so I was a bit of a smararse in my last post, so to make up for it…I’ll post detailed instructions of…

HOW TO PRINT THE 4X6 LETTERS (PC not Mac):
    1) The website for the letters (per this blog) is at: http://www.flickr.com/photos/lwr/collections/72157594587080023/
    2) Click on the letter group that you would like to use. (ie: Letter S or Letter C, etc)
    3) When you’ve see the perfect letter from the small thumbnails, click on it.
    4) If you think you want to use it, move on to #5, if not, go back an choose a different letter.
    5) Click on the picture again…it will open on a new screen that will be surrounded by all black.
    6) At the top right of the page, click on VIEW ALL SIZES.
    7) You’ll see all different sizes: Square, Thumbnail, Small, Medium 500, Medium 640, Large, Original.
    8) The default seems to be Large, and I’ve just been leaving it on that one.
    9) Right Click on the photo and click on Save Picture As…
    10) Up at the Top, Click on the drop down box next to Save In and choose Desktop. (To make this easy…if you know what you’re doing, you can save where ever you want.)
    11) Next to File Name at the bottom, enter a file name…ie: Letter S, etc. and then click Save.
    12) The file should now ben on your desktop…make sure that it’s there.
    13) Right Click on that file and click on Open With…and choose Microsoft Picture Manager.
    14) That letter should now be open.
    15) Choose Edit Pictures… from the formatting menu bar. You should now see a new menu bar on the right side.
    16) Choose “Crop” under the EDIT USING THESE TOOLS,
    17) Under CROP SETTINGS change the Aspect ratio from None (default) to 4×6.
    18) The Crop box will be in Landscape, but change it to Portrait under CROP SETTINGS. You’ll be able to see what the picture will look like as a 4×6. If the picture won’t fit in that 4×6 box, or you don’t like the crop you might want to choose a different letter because there won’t be a way to get the exact same measurements due to the original crop.
    19) If you’re happy with the way it looks (you can move the box by clicking and moving it around), click OK on the right under PICTURE DIMENSIONS.
    TO MAKE BLACK AND WHITE (SKIP AND GO TO #22 IF YOU DON’T WANT BLACK AND WHITE)
    20) Now click on Edit Pictures (at top) again and this time choose “Color” under EDIT USING THESE TOOLS
    21) On the Saturation slider, move the slide all the way to the LEFT.
    22) Click on “File” and “Save” (or “Save As” if you don’t want to save over the original picture) and you’re done.
    NOW IT SHOULD PRINT PERFECTLY AS A 4X6!!!

• Kayla on January 29, 2012 at 11:00 pm

Kathy youre awesome!! I couldnt figure out how to save them!!!!

• Jennifer Owens on April 18, 2012 at 11:01 am

Nevermind the question I posted earlier. lol. I JUST saw this and think I have it under control now. haha. By the way, great idea! I hope mine turns out as good as yours did. =)

102. Keri Peterson on January 2, 2012 at 4:11 pm

I am not able to get the letters to print 4 x 6. Any ideas on what to do before I keep wasting more ink and paper?

103. Rebecca Phillips on January 2, 2012 at 6:04 am

I have 4 weddings to go to within the next 6 months, and am just about finished creating “last name boards” to use as gifts for each one! Thank you so much for sharing this idea and for such detailed instructions (coming from a detail person)! Great project!

104. Lori on December 30, 2011 at 3:34 pm

I made these! I gave them as Christmas gifts and my family loved them. You can see them on my FB page here: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=273736012682549&set=a.110870812302404.9316.110657852323700&type=1&theater&notif_t=like
    Thank you so much for the great idea!

105. Aimee - ItsOverflowing on December 28, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Your Letter Photo Art is AWESOME! I’m excited to blog with you in 2012!!! I’m hosting a party and would LOVE for you to link up!!! XO, Aimee

Overflowing with Creativity

106. Christina @ Christina's Adventures on December 27, 2011 at 5:35 pm

I made this for Christmas…with a black board on the back…and I loved it!! I made 2 of them…thanks so much for a great tutorial! 🙂

I gave you a shout-out here: http://christinasadventures.com/2011/12/what-i-made-gave-for-christmas.html

107. Lauren on December 23, 2011 at 3:52 am

Love this! I made one for each of my coworkers and they LOVED them!! Thanks for sharing your creation and ideas! I used the free program GIMP to edit them down to 4×6 pictures and it worked out perfectly! Thanks again for posting!

108. tute-bot on December 20, 2011 at 7:32 pm

What a great idea! The same basic project could be altered so many different ways depending on the images used and the colors. I love it!

109. Culdesac Mom on December 20, 2011 at 12:44 am

This is adorable! I have been having a hard time finding a frame to fit 6 4×6 pictures. This is the perfect solution!

110. Kathy on December 17, 2011 at 2:59 am

Ok, maybe I am just not getting this but do I need a Flickr account in order to download the photos? Do I need a photo editing program to be able to crop and size the pics once I choose them? Also, is there anything else I need to know so that I can begin to make these awesome gifts? I tried right clicking on a photo but it gave me no options such as saving or printing. Thanks for any help.

111. Kathy on December 16, 2011 at 3:41 pm

How do I print the letters so that I may frame them? Maybe I am missing something, but I can’t seem to get them printed. Thanks

112. Lyndsey on December 15, 2011 at 9:21 pm

This is amazing! How do you download the photos from flickr for free??

113. Johnna on December 15, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Where do I find the free photos to download?

114. Jolynda on December 13, 2011 at 4:35 pm

I chose some letters and sent them to be printed. When I picked them up, the letter was cropped. So, I came back to the site and turned them because I wanted them to be like they are in your picture. However, when I sent them to the site I wanted to print them for me to pick them up, it looked like they were going to be cropped again and the whole letter would not be showing. Any ideas? Yours looks perfect!!! I really want to do this for Christmas.

115. Debra on December 13, 2011 at 1:27 pm

Love the work! Please share the link for letters. Thanks so much.

116. Ellen on December 12, 2011 at 8:46 pm

What a wonderful idea! I’m thinking about making one of these for my living room. Thanks for the inspiration!

117. sstrawther on December 10, 2011 at 12:53 am

I have a questin can i put these letter on scrapbook paper? or kodak paper? can you change the size? I am so lovin this site!!!

118. Crystal on December 9, 2011 at 8:14 pm

What type of wood do I ask for when I go to home depot and get it? I am only doing a 3 letter name. 🙂

• Shanty2Chic on December 9, 2011 at 9:33 pm

They are called 2×10 and they are pine. You can have them cut it there for you 🙂

119. Jennifer on December 8, 2011 at 11:22 pm

Awesome idea ! YOu can even put a favouite black & white of the person either at the front or at the end of the picture. Or do a couple’s last name and then a pic of the two of them togehter. OMG ! ! ! I just got the BEST idea for my parent’s 40th anniversary ! ! ! I’ll put their wedding picture at the front, then the last name, and then a picture of them now at the end . .Oh thank you, thank you . . .I’m so excited now ! ! ! !

120. Selena on December 8, 2011 at 10:40 pm

LOVE LOVE LOVE this. Can’t seem to find the link to the website with the letters though. ?

121. Hilary Bridges on December 8, 2011 at 9:01 pm

LOVE this!!! Wonderful job, can I get the site where you found the letters?! Thanks!!

122. Katie on December 8, 2011 at 3:12 pm

Hello! Super cute! I’m new to your site but will be a frequent viewer now 🙂
    Please share the link for the free letter photos.
    thank you so much!

123. Andrea E on December 8, 2011 at 5:13 am

would you share the download link with me? great idea!

124. Susan Ingram on December 7, 2011 at 7:18 pm

I love these!! Can’t wait to make them for the family. I bought a similar one and it was pricey. Thank you so much for the idea and the letter site!

125. dtrain on December 7, 2011 at 5:37 am

I love this idea– but am confused about the wood that surrounds the frames. It looks like your must have cut openings for each picture frame into the wood– since there are pink dividers between each white frame.– How did you do that? I need to explain this to my hubby and I’m lost!!
    Thanks!

• Shanty2Chic on December 7, 2011 at 12:09 pm

The frames are spaced out on the board about 1/2″ from each other. There is nothing cut to on the board. They are just hot glued down.

126. Ang on December 7, 2011 at 3:47 am

I have literally spent hours trying to resize the photos so when I print they don’t cut out part of the picture. I have tried printing on walmart.com, mpix and the computer directly with NO luck. I have photoshop. Would you be so nice to give me the steps on how to do it? 🙂

• Shanty2Chic on December 7, 2011 at 12:07 pm

I opened in PS and cropped each picture. I used the 4×6 constrain setting at the top left. Hope this helps!

127. Heidi on December 6, 2011 at 2:37 pm

I really love this idea! You said that you plan on making these as teacher gifts. I am always looking for personalized teacher gift ideas but I cannot figure out how to make this a teacher gift. Share your thoughts? Thanks!!

• Shanty2Chic on December 6, 2011 at 2:49 pm

I’m doing their last names.

128. Lindsay on December 6, 2011 at 3:19 am

I saw this on Pinterest and love it! I paid a lot of money for the one I have, but these will totally be Christmas gifts! Can’t wait to make them! Where did you get the free picture from?

129. Becky on December 5, 2011 at 10:16 pm

On the wood for the sign, do you just ask for a 1 X 10, if you are hanging on the wall, or do you get an 8 ft. piece of lumber and cut it to fit? Was thinking about giving as Christmas gifts, using the word LOVE. Would 5X7 frames be better since it’s a shorter word…or just use a shorter piece of wood?

• Shanty2Chic on December 6, 2011 at 2:10 am

a 1×10 is not as thick as a 2×10. Either way you will have to cut it because the 2x’s come in 8ft pieces and the 1x’s come in just a few lengths. Home Depot and Lowe’s all cut your wood for you. Hope this helps!

130. Meredith on December 5, 2011 at 9:25 pm

Ok….I’m having troubles printing these ;( I’ve read here and am now going to try the viewing the different sizes on flicker….but quick question though, which one of the sizes did you choose to get a 4×6? And id you have to then just trim it down?

• Shanty2Chic on December 6, 2011 at 2:11 am

I downloaded the large or regular file BUT I cropped the pics down to size using my photo editing program. I use PS Elements and iPhoto, but I know Picasa, Kodak and other free programs crop photos as well. Hope this helps!

131. Danton on December 5, 2011 at 8:09 pm

I was wondering if you could forward the link to the letters for me. I keep looking for it on your site but am apparently missing it somehow. Thanks.

• Melanie on December 6, 2011 at 3:38 am

She has it posted at the top of this page. She has highlighted the word HERE in blue letters as well as the words GREAT flickr photo site highlighted in blue at the top of this page…

• Robin Bryant on December 10, 2011 at 1:43 am

Its at the top of this page. It says its a flickr site…click here .

• Shanty2Chic on December 10, 2011 at 1:57 am

Thank you Robin! 🙂

132. Jessica on December 5, 2011 at 8:05 pm

Can you let me know the link to these, I would love to do a couple gifts!! Thank you so much! And what an awesome idea!!

133. Stephanie on December 5, 2011 at 7:54 pm

Where do you get the free letters? Is there a website that you can share. Love this idea!!!

134. Amie on December 5, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Wow! Thankyou, Thankyou!! Just finished printing letters for my first sign.
    Found on Pinterest, thanks again for sharing.

135. Laura on December 5, 2011 at 3:00 pm

This is beautiful! What size letter did you use to fit the 4×6 frames?

136. christa on December 5, 2011 at 4:00 am

what is the link that i can download the free images?

137. Patsy White on December 5, 2011 at 12:54 am

What kind of paper did you print the letters on? photo or regular paper?

138. Kafkakreations on December 4, 2011 at 11:56 pm

I love this idea, can you please tell me the site that you use for the letters, i would love to try making 1 ???

139. kynda on December 4, 2011 at 8:31 pm

please tell me at what website do i find the letters. thank you.

• Robin Bryant on December 10, 2011 at 1:41 am

The website is at the top of this page

140. Alyvea on December 4, 2011 at 6:10 pm

Hi what is the site you got the letters from and did you use picture paper? Thanks

141. hayley on December 4, 2011 at 5:02 am

This is an awesome idea!!!! since i want to use 6X4 frames what size did you print the letters out from flickr? theres so many sizes and i cant seem to get the size right.
    thanks for sharing your ideas, hayley

142. Alexsis on December 3, 2011 at 10:32 pm

i love this! where did you find your letters for free?

143. Pat on December 3, 2011 at 2:29 pm

What a great idea! Thank you sooooo much for sharing – you have solved my ‘what to get people’ dilemma!!

144. Tiffany on December 3, 2011 at 1:07 pm

I’ve seen these letter types used 1,000 times, this has to be my favorite.

145. Magnolia on December 3, 2011 at 4:03 am

I have been searching for photo fonts for a while now after seeing various retailers offer signs like this. I too am a dollar store junky. Thank you for the inspiration. I can’t wait to make these for our children’s classrooms. 🙂

146. Stacy on December 3, 2011 at 3:13 am

Awesome idea! I love the thought of having them stand up on the dresser. As a teacher, I would totally love receiving one of these! And, can I just add, that it is so easy to comment on your posts! I wish more people made it this easy, without the special accounts or word verifications. Thanks!

147. Meredith on December 2, 2011 at 7:30 pm

How do I find letters like these? I just signed up for Flickr but not familiar wtih it at all.
    Any help would be appreciated! LOVE YOURS!!!

148. Tracy @ Babies Love Baked Goods on December 2, 2011 at 4:28 pm

Where did you get the wood? Do you just go to Home Depot and ask them to cut it to size for you?

149. Lesley on December 2, 2011 at 6:29 am

Very awesome! I’ve tried to make a family sign like this before just googling shapes that looked like letters and it was such a pain! This helped like crazy! Thank you!

150. Ashley on December 2, 2011 at 2:37 am

I am trying to make some signs for Christmas gifts but I cant figure out what size to download to be able to print them as a 3X5 or a 4X6. What size did you download?

• Shanty2Chic on December 2, 2011 at 3:24 am

I downloaded the medium or large size of each print and then resized them, or cropped them using elements. You can use almost any photo editing program to crop. I did look for letter that were a bit smaller because I was having the same issue. Hope this helps!

151. Denise on December 1, 2011 at 10:21 pm

What kind of paper did you use and what size did you print to fit the 4×6 frames?? Thanks!!

• Shanty2Chic on December 2, 2011 at 3:24 am

152. Ashley on December 1, 2011 at 8:10 pm

Making this for my sister for Christmas and I repinned it. Yay!!! So excited!!!

153. Betty on December 1, 2011 at 2:47 pm

I am having problems cropping the pictures to the 4×6 size. I’ve tried both Windows Photo Gallery and Picnik.com, and both of them are not allowing the entire letter into the 4×6 rectangle. Can you be more specific in how you were able to do this? It’s such a great idea!!

154. Carly on December 1, 2011 at 12:45 am

This is such an amazing idea — I am super low on funds so I’m using it for a wedding gift and making the letters spell their last name. Thanks SO MUCH for posting, this is saving me a ton of money, and let’s me use my creative side 🙂

155. Jill @ Barnes Yard on November 30, 2011 at 8:48 pm

I am so excited to make these for Christmas gifts! Thanks for the GREAT idea!

156. Eryn on November 30, 2011 at 2:49 pm

Wanting to make several of these but getting so aggrevated bc when I get ready to print a letter I don’t know what size to ask for and when I play around with it the letter isn’t upright for a 3×5 or 4×6 and I would have to go side ways with it. Please help!

• Shanty2Chic on November 30, 2011 at 5:43 pm

I downloaded the regular size file of each picture and then used my photo editing program to crop it to 4×6. Most editing programs will do this. Hope this helps!

• Nicole on December 5, 2011 at 4:46 am

Thank you for sharing this! I wanted to do this for a long time, but it is too much money! What program are you using to crop and edit your photos? I just tried and downloaded the one letter, and when I went to print it, it will cut off my letter. The letter photo is up and down, but the print wide and short…what do you think i should do?

• Shanty2Chic on December 5, 2011 at 5:42 pm

Photoshop Elements 🙂

• Nicole on December 9, 2011 at 8:11 pm

I have that program, but do not know how to use it…ugh!

157. Jean on November 29, 2011 at 11:05 pm

This is just too cute. I noticed though that the brown frames are not the same as the white ones. The white ones have more detailing on them. Did you end up using different ones?

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 11:52 pm

I made more than one… The brown frames are the ones I used for my nephew.

• Dee Titus on November 30, 2011 at 5:23 am

Love this idea. I missed out on the Free letter photos. Where would I obtain them? Thanks and enjoy your blog!!

158. Brenda on November 29, 2011 at 11:02 pm

This is really a cool idea… thanks for posting it, unless I am overlooking it, I do not see the link where I can go to download the free pictures. Could you please share this info again with instructions for printing, I would very much appreciate it.

159. Eryn on November 29, 2011 at 9:18 pm

I’m having trouble getting my letters to print portrait style. When I print a letter out on Flickr it looks right until its printed then it comes out landscape. If I do the sign landscape style it will have to be a bigger sign. Can you tell me how to fix it?

• carla on December 5, 2011 at 8:46 pm

I’m having trouble getting the letters vertical too. Even when i’m changing view to portrait. any ideas?

• Shanty2Chic on December 6, 2011 at 2:12 am

160. Chrissy on November 29, 2011 at 8:53 pm

This is fantastic. I recently saw these selling on a website and I fell in love with them until i saw the price ( $149-179 a peice). I’m so happy I stumbled upon yoour site, thanks!

161. Kelli @ Lolly Jane on November 29, 2011 at 8:23 pm

Love this, Shanty girls! Sooo stinkin cute!! Genius! xoxo

162. Ashley on November 29, 2011 at 7:55 pm

Did you use photo paper and what size of the picture did you print off of the Flickr site to fit in the 4×6 frame.

163. natalie on November 29, 2011 at 4:51 pm

love this idea!!!!!! i am clueless when it comes to flickr so i don’t know which photos i am allowed to download. any guidance/ideas??

164. Denise on November 29, 2011 at 4:42 pm

Love,Love Love it!!!! Thanks for the great idea. Can’t wait to do mine this week-end!!!!

165. Chris on November 29, 2011 at 2:59 pm

I love this!!!!

166. Laura on November 29, 2011 at 8:09 am

Thank you for the link to the site and for the idea! I like the choice of gray scale images that you have done for your sign – very nice color combination.
    I am glad you gave the link to download the letters – I have been searching images like that to make a journal for my husband. Thanks to you I now can stop searching and get my hands busy.
    Thank you, thank you, thank you! 🙂

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 12:30 pm

Yeah Laura! Good luck with that and thank you for your sweet message 🙂

• Jenny on December 5, 2011 at 6:50 pm

How did you change the color of your picture when you printed it?

• Shanty2Chic on December 6, 2011 at 2:15 am

I just changed them to black and white on my photo editing program. Most free programs will do that for you 🙂

167. Debbie on November 29, 2011 at 5:37 am

Whitney, loving this gift. I’m sure it will be a big hit. I need to get one of these for the girls and Adler.

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 12:28 pm

Thanks so much Debbie 😉

168. Nicole on November 29, 2011 at 3:54 am

This is awesome!!! I’m not kidding I recently spent $60 for something like this for my sister as a bridal shower gift! I cannot wait to make these on my own for so much less!!

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I know it… I have seen some similar for a ton of money. This is much cheaper and fun to make! 🙂

169. Liz Prince on November 29, 2011 at 3:33 am

u guys seriously ROCK!! I have been wanting to make something similar to this for my sons new tween “industrial” bedroom and now I can for not a lot of money. THANK YOU CREATIVE GIRLIES!!!!!! You guys never let me down 🙂

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 3:40 am

Aww thank you Liz!! I appreciate your sweet comment! Send a pic when you get it finished!! 🙂

170. Sue on November 29, 2011 at 3:08 am

I love this idea! But I am having troubles trying to “pin” a letter or save it, any ideas what I am doing wrong??? Thanks!

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 3:19 am

Are you trying to download it on Flickr? This is how… I click on the picture and then click ‘view all sizes’ in the top right. It opens a screen where it allows you to download any size.

• Eryn on November 29, 2011 at 8:26 pm

Don’t know if its just my computer or what. When I’m on Flickr and I want to print a letter its printing them landscape instead of portrait. Is that bc of the letter style I have chosen? So new to pinterest and flickr.

171. Janet on November 29, 2011 at 3:07 am

I absolutely LOVE your sign! Thanks so much for sharing this! I had found the flickr letters earlier in the year and then when I went back to look at them again couldn’t remember where I saw them. I’m so exctited to use the free images to make some signs for gifts, thanks again! 🙂

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 3:17 am

Thanks so much Janet 🙂

172. Jessica on November 29, 2011 at 2:57 am

Thanks so much for the link! I have a question about saving the image. (I am a Flickr newbie). When I right click on the picture, it tells me that it has “some rights reserved”. What is the best way to save it? Do I have to email each one to myself?

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 3:17 am

I click on the picture and then click ‘view all sizes’ in the top right. It opens a screen where it allows you to download any size. Don’t worry… It took me a LONG time to learn this myself several months ago! It’s confusing!
      Let me know if you have any other questions!

• msheather0131 on December 2, 2011 at 7:49 pm

This may be a dumb question, but I have tried and tried to rotate them from printing horizontal to vertical and it’s just not working…any tips??

• Erin on December 6, 2011 at 8:00 pm

I am having the same problem, my husband is about to pull his hair out trying to figure this out for me 🙂 Any advice would be welcome!!

• Vanessa on December 7, 2011 at 10:07 pm

I was having the same problem at first, but then I realized that if you rotate the picture when you download it (and it comes up in the picture viewing program), then print it, it does print it normal and it is not cut off. And then you can change if you want the whole page or whatever size you want and it does print it normal.

• Jennifer on December 5, 2011 at 8:23 pm

I click on the sizes, but no matter which size I choose it still prints a really big picture of the letter. How did you them to print smaller?

• kmahan on December 7, 2011 at 3:00 am

Thank you! This is an amazing project and I have already been out to pick up my supplies!

When you printed your letters, what size did you select for the 4X6 frames?
        Looks like the options are Medium 500 • Medium 640 • Large • Original

• Tara on December 9, 2011 at 4:22 pm

I am also wondering which size is best for 4 x 6 frames? Thank you, I LOVE this idea! So cute!

• Tiffany on December 10, 2011 at 4:30 am

I am wondering the same thing… Please help!

• Lillian on December 14, 2011 at 11:29 pm

Did you ever get the info on how to resize for 4/6 photo. No matter what size I download it cuts off top and bottom. Help!!!!

• Shanty2Chic on December 15, 2011 at 1:58 am

I download the full size photo. I then open it in my photo editing program and crop it to 4×6. Then send it to your printer. You have to crop the photos.

• Heather on December 27, 2011 at 2:52 am

I love your idea and would love to try them over Christmas Break. I am having trouble printing the letters in a 5 by 7 size. Any specific ideas?

173. Shirley L on November 29, 2011 at 2:37 am

This is absolutely awesome!!!!! Thanks for the link and the idea!

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 3:18 am

Thanks Shirley and you’re welcome 😉

174. Anjie B. on November 29, 2011 at 2:27 am

I’ve been wondering where to find the free letter photos- thanks SO much for the link. Cute, cute project…wonder if I can find time to make some of my own……

175. Lindsay on November 29, 2011 at 2:01 am

Oh, I really love this! What a fabulous idea! And the color is so pretty! Love the name, by the way!

176. Sharyl@Thelittlebrownhouse on November 29, 2011 at 1:56 am

I can’t even tell you how much I love you right now!!! Yay Yay Yay for an excellent christmas gift idea!!!!! I have always wanted to make some of those pictures but the idea of finding and photographing all of those shapes overwhelmed me! Thanks so much for finding them for free!!! I don’t know how I could ever thank you, so I will just pin and tweet the heck out of this post and hope that will suffice!

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 1:59 am

Um yes… That will totally suffice 😉 Thanks!

177. Latoya @The Scotts Crib on November 29, 2011 at 1:53 am

Girl it looks awesome! What an awesome idea!!!!!!

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 1:58 am

Thanks so much Latoya! 🙂

178. Amber Mainquist on November 29, 2011 at 1:29 am

Whitney! I LOVE it!!! Now my brain and color schemes are going CRAZY!!!! Thanks for posting!

• Shanty2Chic on November 29, 2011 at 1:35 am

Hey girl! YEAH! Glad you like it… Super cheap and fun! 😉

• Mindy on December 3, 2011 at 2:32 am

Would live to know where I can get the free photos

• cheryl corr on December 7, 2011 at 2:10 am

I am interested in doing this for my kids. Can you tell where to get the pictrures of the letters? Thanks

• Mary on December 9, 2011 at 12:43 am

There is a link at the top of the page. Click on the word here