DIY Coasters and Free Printables!

Hi friends!

I hope you all had a great weekend!  I’m so excited to share my latest project with you!  This one is super cheap, easy, and doesn’t require a power tool! Yeah!

I have been wanting some coasters to replace my old ones and finished them up recently!  I decided to make these super easy to recreate by giving you guys another free printable to make them… Whoop!

Here are mine all finished…

You only need a few supplies for these cuties…

4×4 tumbled marble tiles – I found mine at Lowe’s for around $4 for a box of 10… Pretty darn cheap!

You will also need some Mod Podge.  I used Matte, but you can use glossy also.

You will also need a sealer for your coasters.  I used another new favorite of mine…

Rust-Oleum Ultimate Polyurethane with Soft Touch

I love this stuff! It’s my new favorite finish for my furniture and crafting projects.  It dries super fast, and protects all my hard work! You can check out more info on it HERE, and you can buy a small can super cheap at Lowe’s!

You will also need some artwork for your coasters.  You can search and print your own on your computer, or you can also download my free coaster printables by clicking the picture below!

If you choose to do your own artwork, just print it from your computer at home and you are set to go.

First, I put two coats of Mod Podge on the BACK of my tile like this, and let it dry.  You can use the front of the tile, but I found that it seemed to work better with the back.

Once my tiles were dry I added a coat of Mod Podge to my artwork.

Then, I put my tile down on my design like this.  You want the side of the tile you have put Mod Podge on to lay face down on your design.  The wax paper on the counter is only keeping me from making a mess on my countertop!

I used a credit card (or insurance card ;-)) to push all my air bubbles out.

Time to cook! I put mine in the oven at 170 degrees for 20 minutes.

I let my tiles after cooking.  Then, I use my finger and a bit of water to rub the paper off to reveal the design.

A few tips on this part…

You are rubbing the paper off.  The design has now been transferred to your layers of Mod Podge.  The more you continue rubbing, the lighter your design will be.  If you soak it in water rather than rubbing it off the design will come off completely.  I did mine, and then I would let them dry up for a few minutes.  Then I would see any other places that needed to be rubbed a bit more.  Hope this makes sense.  It’s kind of like distressing.  You decided how worn and weathered you want it.

Once those dried I added my Rust-Oleum sealer.  I used 2 coats because we use our coasters lots!

I also added some felt circles to the bottom of my tiles so I wouldn’t scratch the furniture.

Want to see them all finished???

I love the look it gives you!  They almost look stamped and aged.  Super cute and custom!  These would make a great teacher gift, birthday gift, you name it!  I made my set for under $5!

Hope you love them!  These really are soooo easy to make, and they look like I got them at Anthro or somewhere.  Too cute! My kind of DIY!

I would LOVE for you to PIN them like crazy below 😉  Have a great week!

1. Emily Johnson on March 3, 2018 at 4:27 pm

I can’t find the link to print these. 😞

2. Suzanne Carlson on November 27, 2017 at 3:14 pm

Does anyone check this. I would love to know where to get the printable designs?

3. Fiona Furman on August 13, 2017 at 4:53 am

I love these! Would it work with scrapbooking paper please?

4. Mylissa D on July 28, 2016 at 2:28 pm

Is the link to print these no longer available? I can’t find it.

5. Raqueal Edwards on June 25, 2016 at 5:57 pm

I cannot get the link to work. Can you please update? Thank you!!

6. Karen Christopher on August 26, 2015 at 6:41 pm

So cute! but, the download says no longer available… ?

7. Amanda Ortega on August 15, 2015 at 4:50 pm

These look so awesome!! Found you on pinterestsphere and cannot wait to make these…yay! The prints are the perfect color and style for my home???? Could you pretty please re-share your images link? Off to Lowes I go????

8. Libby on January 9, 2015 at 10:05 am

I love your coaster designs, but the link no longer works. Can you tell me where you found them? Also, I am new to your site and think it is wonderful!

9. Tara on December 12, 2014 at 5:37 pm

I cannot get the link to work for the printables!! can you please update !!
    Thank youuu!!

Sincerely,
    Would love to try this!

10. Sarah Yeager on December 8, 2014 at 1:19 pm

Hi there! I adore these coasters and want to make some for my friend for Christmas. However, the download link for the coaster images no longer works or was removed. Anyway you could repost the artwork?? Thank you SO much!:)

11. Rosemary Dailey on December 2, 2014 at 6:11 am

Made these with a map which I had enlarged 4X16… now that I am at the rubbing off stage..there seems to be a white film on the tile. When I wet it , it goes away and the image is more vibrant. Is this normal or do I keep rubbing. I thought m aybe when I applied the poly it would solve the problem?

12. Sandy on August 17, 2014 at 11:33 pm

I also LOVE this project and the designs, but can download the printables. Is there another place to access these?

13. Meaghan on May 10, 2014 at 7:48 am

Do you still have a link to the printables? The one posted does not work? I would like to make them for mothers day, i love them!

14. April on February 17, 2014 at 11:22 pm

Wonderful snow day craft! Made these, and my husband and teenage son even commented how nicely they turned out. I’m partial to farmhouse style, so I used photos of farm animals. So sweet and simple, but very upscale, and so much nicer than the decoupage look. This was the easiest craft ever, and had no issues using my inkjet printer. Did wait to Modge Podge an hour after printing, just to be 100% sure my print job was dry. Used cork bumpers, and wrapped/tied in a bow with jute rope. 5 coasters for just under $5! The printable link didn’t work for me, but that was ok, because it got my creative juices flowing. Once again, you ladies have outdone yourselves!

15. Shaina on January 8, 2014 at 3:21 pm

Would it be possible to re-post the link for the free printables?

16. Teri on November 11, 2013 at 7:48 pm

There are 9 tiles per box, not 10. 🙂

17. Corey on October 30, 2013 at 4:55 pm

The printable patterns are no longer working, can you please email them or repost?

18. Kelly B on October 7, 2013 at 9:31 am

I have a quick question- I tried to click on your design so I could print them off but it wouldn’t work. Could you send the link where you found the printable design?

19. Sara Kathryn Olson on September 25, 2013 at 7:24 pm

I did these with colored sports team logos (getting a head start on Christmas gifts) They all turned out wonderful. Used both ink jet printers (a more distressed look to the finished project) and laser (brighter color for finished product. THANKS 🙂

20. Julia on September 10, 2013 at 12:16 pm

Such a great idea, thank you for sharing! I really like your prints’ design, but it seems like the link to them has expired. Could you please re-post or email it to me it if it’s not too much trouble?