Wine Bottle Wall Vase

Hey hey!!

I love my project that I am sharing with you guys today! Check out my Wine Bottle Wall Vase!

Wine Bottle Wall Vase Shanty 2 Chic

These are the supplies I used to make them.  I found everything at Lowe’s.

The threaded rod is super easy to cut.  You just use a small hacksaw like this one at Lowes…

If you don’t want to cut your threaded rod, you can also purchase a pack of small ones already cut for you like this from Lowe’s…

Threaded Rod

You will also need a wine bottle or another bottle with a skinny neck.  I found mine at Wal-Mart for under $3 a bottle… Whoop!

The rest is super easy too!

After cutting my boards (or you can have Lowe’s cut them) I stained them using my very favorite…

This stain is amazing!  It dries super fast, and looks beautiful!!  You can find it at Lowe’s.  I love Dark Walnut the best! 🙂

Now for assembly!

I positioned my flange where I wanted it on my board and penciled the marks to pre-drill.

After drilling a small hole in each space I attached the flange with my wood screws.

Then I took one of my threaded rod pieces and screwed it in with my hand as far as it would go…

And then I added the bottom half of the hanger to it like this…

I attached my wine bottle with the other half of the ring hanger like this.  Just tighten it with a screw driver.

Then, I added a sawtooth hanger to the back.

My final step was hanging them up and taking a few pics for you guys…

What do you think???

Hope you love them as much as I do!  They are too easy to make and I love the industrial chic look of them!

Time for the fun part! COST!

Metal supplies – $4.74

Wood – An 8′ piece is $4.96 and 1 piece makes 4 of these so… $1.24

Wine Bottle – This can vary, but mine were $2.79 at Walmart

Total – $8.77! Whoop!!!

Do you like them??  I would LOVE for you to Pin this and share it below!! 😉

Have a great day!!

1. jacky @ small home love on February 18, 2012 at 6:07 pm

How pretty and inexpensive, I love them!

• www.EasyWoodwork.org on May 5, 2018 at 4:07 am

I built this wine bottle wall and I’m so so happy with how mine turned out! I used the plans at www. EasyWoodwork.org to build mine – I highly recommend you visit that website and check their plans out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

Check it out! Go to www. EasyWoodwork.org – click the red link above for some more plans! Best of luck on your building adventures!

2. Sherri on February 16, 2012 at 1:51 am

Love it… Pinned it… love your website. I also made your “Joy” candle stick stands and they are my favorite decoration now!

3. Kelli Patton on February 15, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Love love love your projects….but – you PAID for a wine bottle? : )

4. Kim on February 15, 2012 at 1:32 pm

Love this!! Where did you get your white flowers you use for your projects??? I LOVE them and am always looking for this kind of stuff but hard to find. Hobby Lobby?? Thank you for sharing all your creative ideas with us. I LOVE following you!! Have already made one item and can’t wait to make more!! THANK YOU!!

• Shanty2Chic on February 15, 2012 at 2:32 pm

Michael’s and thank you!!!

5. susan on February 15, 2012 at 9:28 am

How beautiful!

6. Alyssa Showalter on February 14, 2012 at 11:28 pm

I was also wondering where you got the curtains (or the fabric, if you made them). And where did you get the flowers in the vases? I love them!

• Shanty2Chic on February 15, 2012 at 6:27 am
      • Kim on February 15, 2012 at 1:28 pm

I see that another reader already asked this but I didn’t see your response. Where did you get the white flowers in your display?? I am always looking for simple and chic flowers but so hard to find!! LOVE your ideas…I already made your LOVE wood art!! It is above my fireplace and it makes me smile everytime I look at it!! THANK YOU for sharing your creativity!!!

7. Sara on February 14, 2012 at 5:24 pm

I need these curtains! Where can I get them?!

8. Whitney Butler on February 14, 2012 at 4:27 pm

I love the raw industrial look of your projects. Where do you find such lovely flowers for your vases? Thanks for sharing your ideas. -Whitney

• Shanty2Chic on February 15, 2012 at 6:28 am

Michael’s… They are cherry blossoms 🙂

9. Jenn on February 14, 2012 at 1:04 pm

I pinned this project this morning at http://pinterest.com/pin/214061788508343344/ and it’s already been repinned 365 times! Awesome!

• Shanty2Chic on February 14, 2012 at 4:02 pm

Thank you Jenn!!! That makes me soooooo happy!! 🙂

10. Sunday on February 14, 2012 at 12:54 pm

Very cute, easy and inexpensive! Thanks for sharing. I’m sure the answer to this question is somewhere on your site, but do you recall the color of gray your room is painted in? I’m wanting to change out my old Macadamia (khaki) for some gray and really like your wall color.

Thanks & Happy Valentine’s Day to everyone!

11. Allie hocking on February 14, 2012 at 11:58 am

Love it!!! Where are your curtains from? I have been desperately searching for some like those because they match my duvet! So cute 🙂
    I just love all your projects, so awesome!

12. Shelly E on February 14, 2012 at 11:29 am

Those are beyond fabulous! I’ve been looking for something to put in my hallway – and I think I just found it!

13. Sonia Rumzi on February 13, 2012 at 10:25 pm

Just beautiful!

14. Heidi on February 13, 2012 at 9:28 pm

I LOVE IT!!! Plus I love your wall colour and the curtains!!

• Heidi on February 13, 2012 at 9:37 pm

May I ask what the wall colour is and where you got the fabric for the drapes?

15. Jill Flory on February 13, 2012 at 9:10 pm

How totally adorable! I love the industrial look:)

16. Amy @ All In A Day on February 13, 2012 at 7:50 pm

Love this!! I have seen similar things in local shops for $30 and up!! Thanks so much for sharing! xoxo

17. jess@hillcountryhomebody.blogspot.com on February 13, 2012 at 7:23 pm

These are adorable! Thanks for sharing!

18. Natalie on February 13, 2012 at 7:14 pm

These are fantastic! And they will look great in my kitchen above my new-to-me DIY sideboard! 🙂 Awesome! Thanks so much for sharing!

19. Sarah @ The Bird's Papaya on February 13, 2012 at 6:22 pm

by golly you’ve done it AGAIN! love love love!

20. Megan on February 13, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I LOVE them. You sure have a lot of fantastic ideas!