Wine Bottle Wall Vase

Learn how to build this DIY Wind Bottle Wall Vase with free plans by Shanty2Chic! This is such an easy and inexpensive project that will add character and style to any space in your home!

Supplies to Build a Wine Bottle Wall Vase

• 2x8x8 Board

These are the supplies I used to make them.  I found everything at Lowe’s.

• 3/8″ Ceiling Flange
  • 3/4″ Split Ring Hanger
  • 12×1 – 1/4 Wood Screws
  • 3/8″ Threaded Rod – 12″ piece cut into 3″ pieces

The threaded rod is super easy to cut.  You just use a small hacksaw like this one at Lowes…

If you don’t want to cut your threaded rod, you can also purchase a pack of small ones already cut for you like this from Lowe’s…

Threaded Rod
  • Empty Wine Bottle

You will also need a wine bottle or another bottle with a skinny neck.  I found mine at Wal-Mart for under $3 a bottle… Whoop!

The rest is super easy too!

Steps to Build a Wine Bottle Wall Vase

Step 1 – Make the Cuts

Cut the 2×8 boards to 18″ long.

Step 2 – Stain the Boards

After cutting my boards (or you can have Lowe’s cut them) I stained them using my very favorite…

This stain is amazing!  It dries super fast, and looks beautiful!!  You can find it at Lowe’s.  I love Dark Walnut the best! 🙂

Step 3 – Attach the Flange

I positioned my flange where I wanted it on my board and penciled the marks to pre-drill.

After drilling a small hole in each space I attached the flange with my wood screws.

Step 4 – Attach the Threaded Rod

Then I took one of my threaded rod pieces and screwed it in with my hand as far as it would go…

Step 5 – Attach the Hanger

And then I added the bottom half of the hanger to it like this…

I attached my wine bottle with the other half of the ring hanger like this.  Just tighten it with a screw driver.

Step 6 – Attach the Sawtooth Hanger

Then, I added a sawtooth hanger to the back.

Step 7 – Hang the Sconce on the Wall

My final step was hanging them up and taking a few pics for you guys…

What do you think???

Wine Bottle Wall Vase Shanty 2 Chic

Hope you love them as much as I do!  They are too easy to make and I love the industrial chic look of them!

Time for the fun part! COST!

Metal supplies – $4.74

Wood – An 8′ piece is $4.96 and 1 piece makes 4 of these so… $1.24

Wine Bottle – This can vary, but mine were $2.79 at Walmart

Total – $8.77! Whoop!!!

Do you like them??  I would LOVE for you to Pin this and share it below!! 😉

Have a great day!!

1. Mary Ann C Golden on September 3, 2012 at 12:46 pm

are the flowers real?? Mary Ann C Golden

2. Katie 'Kruit' Wilson on August 19, 2012 at 8:58 pm

Made these this weekend and they turned out perfect! We also had trouble finding the hardware, but after our 2nd trip to Home Depot/Lowes we realized that there were item numbers on the photos posted. The guy at Lowes looked them up and told us exactly what shelf we could find them on and voila, we were on our way! I could be wrong, but I am quite sure our Home Depot did not carry these parts.

3/4 Split Ring Hanger: Item #302049
    3/8 Ceiling Flange: Item #301689

Bonus: We found 3/8 threaded rod already cut in 3″ pieces! Its on the same aisle as the long threaded rod, but its stored in drawers. We bought the Hillman brand.

Thanks for the awesome and easy project!

• Shanty2Chic on August 20, 2012 at 5:34 am

SO HELPFUL! Thank you so much Katie!!! I appreciate it! 😉

Sent from my iPad

3. Mary on August 13, 2012 at 9:50 pm

Thanks so much for sharing another great project!

4. Debbie C on August 12, 2012 at 3:41 pm

This is awesome! Using your instructions we just did these for our kitchen! Just need flowers to put in them!

5. jessie on August 8, 2012 at 2:12 pm

I really like this idea! But i would love to have the curtains to go with it. Can I ask where you got them or what brand they are!?

6. Ally on June 29, 2012 at 9:58 am

How far down did you mount the hanger on the piece of wood?
    I’m terrible at eyeballing thr distance?

7. Kari Scott on May 5, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Hello there, I thought this DIY craft was so cute and I am trying to find all the hardware that you used. Where did you get the hardware to make this?

• Mary Ann C Golden on September 3, 2012 at 12:47 pm

lowes

8. Melissa (OSoChic) on April 27, 2012 at 7:29 am

I love this! I’ve been searching for art to put on the walls of my apartment. I think this would be a perfect afternoon project for me to do myself.

9. Katy on April 22, 2012 at 3:25 pm

Love this project, just finished making it. What a great idea!! I’ve already bookmarked a couple other projects from your site. Thanks! To everyone who was having trouble finding the parts, they are in the plumbing section at Lowes.

10. Julie on April 21, 2012 at 9:45 am

Lovely! And very doable, I think. Thanks.

11. Peter on April 15, 2012 at 10:19 am

Idea is great but in my godforsaken country (Poland) I can’t find anywhere ceiling flange 🙁 It’s simply mistical object for shops like home depot here XD. I made it around, but this one element adds a lot of “look” to the hole thing. Without it looks like it’s missing something.

12. casey on April 10, 2012 at 6:20 pm

while i do love this, I really love your curtains – can you tell me where they are from, or if they are custom, what fabric it is – thanks!!!

13. Michelle on April 9, 2012 at 10:22 pm

I LOVE this idea, but I also LOVE your curtains, they are exactly what i’m looking for…..where did you find them?

Thanks!
    Michelle

14. Deb on April 5, 2012 at 11:00 am

I went to Lowes and Home Depot yesterday with the photo of the project. All the men working looked at me like I was crazy. I even pulled up the Lowes web page and showed the guy that the web page says their store carried the hardware to no avail. Came home with no project…sad but true!

• Margie B on April 23, 2015 at 9:50 am

I found several different pipe hardware in the PLUMBING aisle at Home Depot. I chose 1-1/2″ copper coated clip to fit around the bottle, and a 3/4″ copper coated bell but had to squeeze the clip together to fit the bell screw hole. I routered a bear paw and used glow in the dark squeeze paint on the paws and pebbles. Will be used in loghome bedroom. I bought the bottles and pebbles at the dollar store in different colors. This is my first of many I will do. My boards came from an old barnwood fence torn down at a country bar.

15. Linda @ it all started with paint on March 27, 2012 at 2:37 pm

You had me at wine bottle …

🙂

Would you consider linking this to our “It’s a Cinch” multi-blog link party. I know this isn’t super cinchy, but you certainly made the tutorial look doable! The link stays open until midnight Friday and when you link at one blog, you’re automatically linked up to the party’s five co-hosts …

Hope to see you at the party!

🙂

Linda

16. Marci on March 24, 2012 at 8:00 am

In this post, where did you get the curtains from? Those are exactly what I am looking for!!!! Thanks!!

17. Kellie on March 13, 2012 at 10:55 pm

I love these. I’m stopping to purchse the hardware tomorrow afternoon. I already have the wine bottles. I also just pinned this. Thanks for sharing. I love your blogs.

• Kellie on March 18, 2012 at 4:32 pm

Whitney,
      Just wanted to let you know that I pinned this tutorial on Pinterest on March 13th at 10:55pm and since then it has been repinned 92 times and liked 29! Just from my pin. I can’t imagine how many times it has been repinned and liked if everyone that follows you pinned it! Just thought you should know how much everyone loved it. I made it to the hardware store, but have not put it together yet. I’ll post a picture when I do. Have a great day and thanks again for such an awesome website.

18. Laura on March 12, 2012 at 8:08 pm

Hi, I love these and decided to go to Lowe’s and get all the supplies to make them. But I’m stuck on sawing the threads. I bought the same saw that you posted and it is absolutely doing no good, not even making a dent in the threads. 🙁 Is there a trick to doing this? I know you said it was easy. Am I doing something wrong?

19. amanda on March 12, 2012 at 3:51 pm

Thanks so much for the awesome idea and directions! I just finished mine and hung them! They are fabulous 😉 Thanks again!

20. Jamie on March 10, 2012 at 7:22 pm

I love these and just made one with a aqua wine bottle, so cute! Thanks for the perfect tutorial. I love the flower stem that you have in there but am having a hard time finding them. Are they from Michael’s? They had a branch that was 9.99 and one that was 4.99, can you recall what you bought, mine don’t seem to look as cute as yours! Thanks

• Shanty2Chic on March 10, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Hi Jamie!

They were cherry blossom stems from their Ashland fall collection. I don’t know if they still have them or not. I did find some very similar cute ones at Kirklands a few days ago. Not sure if you are close to a Kirklands though. Hope this helps!