Wine Bottle Wall Vase

Learn how to build this DIY Wind Bottle Wall Vase with free plans by Shanty2Chic! This is such an easy and inexpensive project that will add character and style to any space in your home!

Supplies to Build a Wine Bottle Wall Vase

• 2x8x8 Board

These are the supplies I used to make them.  I found everything at Lowe’s.

• 3/8″ Ceiling Flange
  • 3/4″ Split Ring Hanger
  • 12×1 – 1/4 Wood Screws
  • 3/8″ Threaded Rod – 12″ piece cut into 3″ pieces

The threaded rod is super easy to cut.  You just use a small hacksaw like this one at Lowes…

If you don’t want to cut your threaded rod, you can also purchase a pack of small ones already cut for you like this from Lowe’s…

Threaded Rod
  • Empty Wine Bottle

You will also need a wine bottle or another bottle with a skinny neck.  I found mine at Wal-Mart for under $3 a bottle… Whoop!

The rest is super easy too!

Steps to Build a Wine Bottle Wall Vase

Step 1 – Make the Cuts

Cut the 2×8 boards to 18″ long.

Step 2 – Stain the Boards

After cutting my boards (or you can have Lowe’s cut them) I stained them using my very favorite…

This stain is amazing!  It dries super fast, and looks beautiful!!  You can find it at Lowe’s.  I love Dark Walnut the best! 🙂

Step 3 – Attach the Flange

I positioned my flange where I wanted it on my board and penciled the marks to pre-drill.

After drilling a small hole in each space I attached the flange with my wood screws.

Step 4 – Attach the Threaded Rod

Then I took one of my threaded rod pieces and screwed it in with my hand as far as it would go…

Step 5 – Attach the Hanger

And then I added the bottom half of the hanger to it like this…

I attached my wine bottle with the other half of the ring hanger like this.  Just tighten it with a screw driver.

Step 6 – Attach the Sawtooth Hanger

Then, I added a sawtooth hanger to the back.

Step 7 – Hang the Sconce on the Wall

My final step was hanging them up and taking a few pics for you guys…

What do you think???

Wine Bottle Wall Vase Shanty 2 Chic

Hope you love them as much as I do!  They are too easy to make and I love the industrial chic look of them!

Time for the fun part! COST!

Metal supplies – $4.74

Wood – An 8′ piece is $4.96 and 1 piece makes 4 of these so… $1.24

Wine Bottle – This can vary, but mine were $2.79 at Walmart

Total – $8.77! Whoop!!!

Do you like them??  I would LOVE for you to Pin this and share it below!! 😉

Have a great day!!

1. Debbie Yawn Curran on December 14, 2014 at 6:17 pm

My first Shanty build 🙂 I love the way it turned out and now all my friends want one too! Glad I have some leftover supplies and so glad we have you guys to share your creativity and inspiration with all of us!

2. Elizabeth on December 2, 2014 at 9:48 am

Thank you so much for this. I love filling those small corners with handmade things like this. This item in particular I’ve seen this around and admired it so it’s awesome that you’ve given us the steps to create it ourselves.

Thanks so much,
    Liz

3. Geneva on September 7, 2014 at 6:14 am

I know this is a couple of years old but I stumbled on this and gave it a try. Came out just awesome! Found all of the parts at Lowe’s and it took no time to make. I have another month long project I am working on so this was a good boost to get something of of my project list. Thanks for the step by step instructions, made it super easy!

4. Michael Johnson on May 6, 2014 at 11:26 am

I’ve been eyeing this for months… I finally got my chance to take a crack at it last weekend!! Also made friends with the wine store in town… they give me all the empties whenever I want them! 🙂

5. shannon on January 23, 2014 at 11:02 pm

Love this! So cute and so many ideas that can be made from this. One
    question, Is it me or is that a 1×8 and not a 2×8? a 2x would be a lot
    thicker than that.

Thanks much!

• Tony Burton on March 4, 2014 at 6:03 pm

Looks like a 2×8 to me. Remember, a 2×8 actually is only 1 1/2 inches thick by 7 1/4 inches wide, nominally.

6. Jessica Whittaker on July 30, 2013 at 11:09 am

This looks absolutey AMAZING!!!!! Im definitely goign tot he store and buying all of the materials tonight! I am using light blue tinted wine bottles and putting them on either side of my mirror in my living room. This is EXACTLY what it needs!

You have the best step-by-step instructions. Very detailed, useful and easy to follow along… you even have all of the supplies and cost of additional tools! Thanks so much for such a wonderful post 🙂

7. Stasha Barlow on July 8, 2013 at 9:59 am

I LOVE your site and all of your projects so much! We just bought a house and I have so many great ideas because of you!! 🙂 Question, I LOVE the fabric for the windows in these pics. That is the color of my kitchen. Can you please tell me where you bought it? Thanks, Stasha

8. Yvette Norris on April 3, 2013 at 4:32 pm

I love it! It would look beautiful on either side of a bed instead of wall sconces. Especially with a high headboard. Great job!

9. Lindsay Rae Linan on March 16, 2013 at 9:48 am

Love this idea, so cute!! Also, I was curious…where did you find those curtains?? I am seriously in love with those and they would go perfectly in my room!

• Morgan Biddick on April 8, 2014 at 2:01 pm

Hi there! So I think she got them at Target, because I have the exact same pattern but in a shower curtain! If she didn’t get them there, then they look extremely similar. check there!

10. Nicole Oostra on February 11, 2013 at 5:38 pm

Amazing!! Plus, I think I can actually DO this!! Thank you for the directions!

11. Jess on February 8, 2013 at 8:01 pm

I absolutely LOVE this!!!!
    And have been trying to find the ceiling flange and split ring hanger for about 2 weeks, and nobody knows what I’m talking about.
    I live in Australia so unfortunately don’t have Lowes.
    No other Store can help me out either.
    I’ve tried looking online and even that brought up hardly anything.
    And what I did find they either don’t send outside of the U.S or will cost ALOT to send over. 🙁
    Still hoping I might come across someone who can help me with it, until then my eyes will be peeled, on the lookout.

• Charity Johansen West on December 11, 2013 at 9:38 am

I found both in the plumbing section of Lowes (they had no idea what I wanted there, either, so it was really just luck that we found them), so maybe if you look in the plumbing section of whatever hardware store you have… there were copper ones and galvanized steel ones… good luck!

• Bottle Decor on August 8, 2016 at 6:45 pm

Hi we will be more than happy to ship the product to you, You must only provide the bottle.

12. Heather Hughes on January 30, 2013 at 3:14 pm

Hi Whitney! I found your project on Pinterest (though I’ve been following the blog for a few years now).. I can’t seem to see the instructions or pictures on here though. Could you possibly lend some assistance? Thank you!

• Shanty2Chic on January 30, 2013 at 3:38 pm

We are in the middle of a site revamp today. We are getting all the kinks worked out now, mainly the photo issue. We hope to have them all back up today! Thanks for being patient with us!!

13. Jeanne W. on December 31, 2012 at 1:41 am

Very nice and yes, easy! A great way to add some pop to a room.

14. Wanda Hoffs on November 9, 2012 at 5:21 am

love, love, love this! I love how it adds just a dash of rustic!

15. Pilar Puente Cedillo on November 1, 2012 at 5:46 pm

Hi, Im from Mexico, You´re my heroine you got a lot of pretty ideas. Thanks to share…

16. Holly McIntosh Tzounakos on October 24, 2012 at 11:31 am

Just finished this project and it turned out great! Thanks so much! I was able to find all the hardware at Lowes online website, purchase it and then they had it all ready for me at my local store later that day! So cool! I did have some trouble cutting the threaded rod so I took it back to Lowes and they cut it for me.

17. Carly Gerrard Reid on October 7, 2012 at 10:02 pm

Where on earth did you get your flowers?

18. Chynna Black on September 26, 2012 at 12:07 pm

You are seriously SO talented! ok…so I’ve been looking EVERYWHERE for some clear wine bottles (not so easy for us non-drinkers) and have had no luck without paying an arm and a leg for shipping. Also, I couldn’t find any at a walmart. Any suggestions?? Thank you bunches!!

• JoDee on October 10, 2012 at 6:39 pm

Bought wine bottles and flowers at Hobby Lobby.

19. Rose Hill on September 24, 2012 at 5:45 pm

Lovely, just lovely, the project, the clear instructions and your entire dining room. I pinned your project and I plan to do my own. Not exactly like yours of course, that would be no fun, but I’m grateful for the detailed instructions.
    I have a couple of cool Vodka bottles, slightly frosted which came adorned with a cool purple sparkly stone in the center and I’m thinking of painting the wood white …

20. Rebecca Stoeckel Gould on September 10, 2012 at 9:29 pm

What fabric did you use for the curtains? Or where did you buy them? I ADORE this whole room!