5 Minute No Sew Lace Bow

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is having a great weekend!  My girls and I made some bows today, and I thought it would be a fun time to share one of them with you.  They love them, and I wear these all the time as well.  They take just about 5 minutes to make.  All you need is lace, a clip,  and a hot glue gun!

These are so simple and cheap to make!

I like to use this kind of lace found at Joann’s and other craft stores…

It comes in lots of colors!  You can also use any other flat lace.

Cut three pieces. Two pieces will be 7″ long and one piece will be 4″ long.

Now fold your 7″ pieces to the center like this…

Hole the folds in place with a little bit of hot glue in the center.

Now fold your 4″ piece like this… Mine is folded in half and then half again.

I like to put a few dabs of hot glue on it to hold the folds.

Lay your 7″ pieces on top of each other and use your fingers to fold them like an accordion.

I like to use a bit of hot glue on this part too to help hold it in place.  Makes it easier!

Now put a small drop of hot glue on top of your bow and attach your 4″ folded piece like this…

Now for your clip… I use alligator clips like this one.  I get mine online, but you can also get them at Hobby Lobby.

While holding your clip open hot glue the top of your clip to the bottom of your bow like this.

Pull one long piece around and attach it to your glue.  This is after I cut the excess off the long piece.

Now wrap the other end of the long piece around like this.

Your final step is to cut your excess off.  Pretty easy, huh???

We made lots today…

I love them!  They are a great little accessory for easily under $1!  My girls love them too!

What do you think?

Thanks so much for stopping by!  Enjoy the rest of your weekend!

If you love them, I would LOVE some PINS below!  Thanks guys ;-)!!!

1. Alexis on January 25, 2015 at 1:13 am

I love it,first time vary simple,fun to do,if you are a starter I would recommend it

2. Moriah on March 7, 2013 at 9:37 am

Can you make them longer for bigger bows?

3. Krystal on February 10, 2013 at 11:51 am

These are so awesome, I have made a ton for my 2 year old, both big and small ones for pigtails, they are just so pretty and so easy

4. LinhC on January 17, 2013 at 8:23 am

I’m so glad I found this post today! I’ve been searching for pre-made hair bows to purchase and tutorials on how to make these simple bows. They are for the girls in my daughter’s middle school band to dress up their uniforms for concerts. I should have searched your blog first. 🙂

5. Marinda Rogers on November 20, 2012 at 3:31 am

I found you on pinterest as well. Thanks a million for this tutorial! I had some vintage lace that belonged to my great grand-mother and it was perfect for making my 1yr old some of these bows.

6. Myrynda on September 28, 2012 at 8:56 pm

Found this on pinterest- LOVE! I have a 3 month old and no idea how to sew (boo.) but these are super simple and I love the fact that I can pick out all the colors and head bands I want! Thanks so much!

7. Helen Deeds on September 27, 2012 at 11:34 am

I love this bow! So adorable! I will be sharing a link to this tutorial on my blog later today.
    Helen
    Blue Eyed Beauty Blog

8. katie on June 24, 2012 at 4:08 pm

Super cute! Lace is definitely on my shopping list now!

9. Ayny on June 11, 2012 at 1:29 am

u make this look so easy.. and i try and yes that’s easy.. thanks for this cute idea. <3

10. Claire on May 4, 2012 at 5:15 pm

May I ask what color your lace is (the brownish one & purple one) ?
    Thanks! Such a cute idea. 🙂 <3

11. Christine on March 30, 2012 at 8:16 pm

I LOVE IT!!!!! Great idea!! I’m so going to try this!

I would love it if you shared this a The DIY Dreamer… From Dream To Reality!

12. Liz Prince on March 27, 2012 at 10:40 pm

so cute and simple! I am going to make a bunch of these on my girls weekend coming up. thanks so much!

13. debbie on March 26, 2012 at 8:20 am

love these simple little bows,, thanks for sharing!

14. Rinni on March 25, 2012 at 7:16 pm

Oh, these are so sweet! I think I’ll have to make mini ones for the sweet baby girls in my life! Thanks for sharing!

15. karen Weight on March 24, 2012 at 10:49 pm

Love these! My 10 yr old would love to make these. Thanks for sharing the cute idea!!

16. Bronna on March 24, 2012 at 6:47 pm

Oh wow that is awesome! Can’t wait to make these with my girls as well. I’m so excited. Thanks for all the great ideas. You guys inspire me to make my house a home. Keep it up. Luv you guys.

17. dawn on March 24, 2012 at 6:01 pm

adorable! have to add lace to my joann’s list-my girls will love these! thanks for sharing!