$15 Outdoor Planter Box

Hey guys!  I am loving my latest project!! I have been wanting planter boxes for the front door for some time now.  I knew just who to ask for help!  Ana and I came up with these great planter boxes!  The best part??  They only cost $15 a pop to build!  Woohoo!!

You can get the full plans HERE from Ana!  I just wanted to share a few tips and pictures with you.  I used my Kreg Jig™ to build these.  I think this is a GREAT starter project for those of you considering purchasing one, or those of you that haven’t pulled yours out yet!

I know many of you have asked which Kreg Jig™ Ash and I use.  HERE is the exact kit that we use found on Amazon.  You can also find them at Lowe’s, Home Depot, and many other online sources.

A few more pics…

I used these finials from Lowe’s for my corners!

It always helps to have a good “helper” too ;-)…

I painted mine the same color as our trim.   It’s a Valspar color called Coastal Villa.  I filled them up with flowers and I was set to go!

Hope you like them!! I was surprised at the size… Much bigger than I had expected which I LOVE!!  More bang for your buck! 😉

Remember to check out the full plans for these easy planters over at Ana White’s site!  Thanks for stopping by!!

I would love for you to pin these and share them below!! Thanks guys! 😉

1. Leslie Owens on March 31, 2014 at 5:01 pm

Love these planters! Was wondering what section of Lowes did you find these finials. I can’t find them anywhere in my Lowes ; /
    Thank you for all of your inspiring ideas!

2. Danielle Farrello Millinghause on June 4, 2013 at 6:38 pm

Can you use the Kreg Jig Jr for this?

3. Annie B on July 18, 2012 at 1:55 pm

This is a GREAT tutorial!!! I’ve been looking for planters to fit on either side of my garage door which has proven to be quite difficult with the dimensions I need and now this solves it…I have to make my own!!! Thank you!

• Shanty2Chic on July 19, 2012 at 6:18 am

That’s great Annie! Glad to help ;-)! We would love to see pictures when you get them all finished up!

4. JenWoodhouse.com on July 6, 2012 at 7:03 pm

Hi ladies,

Just wanted to share what an inspiration you’ve been! I made these planters a few months ago and am just now getting around to taking pics and posting about them. Thank you for this!!!!

5. Autumn Jackson on May 28, 2012 at 9:16 am

Hi Whitney and Ashley,

I just had my handy man make these planters for me, can you explain how you FILLED the planter so that you can’t see down to the bottom. I like how the planters look FULL…did you place a pot in there, etc??? Please let me know! Thanks so much Ladies!