Repaint Furniture with 1 Little Box!!!

HI friends!

I am SO excited to share this new product with you guys!

Most of the questions that we get asked each day are about repainting and revamping furniture.  One of our very favorite brands has answered all of those questions in one small box!

Our great friends over at Rust-Oleum have made such a great new product!

It’s called Furniture Transformations!  With the purchase of 1 box, you can rejuvenate outdated furniture pieces with a great, durable finish!  The best part?? No need for stripping, sanding or priming!!

Now that’s my kind of product!  For those of you that have been here a LONG time, you may remember this chest of drawers I turned into a hutch!  I originally gave it a coat of blue, but a few scuffs later I turned it black.

When I heard about Furniture Transformations, I immediately knew this would be the piece I would try it out on!

This product is amazing.  You can paint just about any surface in 3-4 very easy steps.

Step 1 is a degreaser.  Simple.

All you do is use the included scrub pad and give your whole piece a good rub down.  This gets rid of any grime and fingerprints.  After that dries you move to step 2!

Step 2 is your bond coat.  This is the can that you will get tinted when you purchase the kit at Home Depot.

I chose the color called Winter Fog!  It’s a really pretty light gray.  Furniture Transformations can  be tinted to any of the 24 different colors shown below!

I used a roller brush and paint brush to apply mine.  The dry times were quick.  It went on like a thin latex paint, which I loved because it eliminates seeing brush strokes.

After your bond coat dries you are ready for step 3!  That is a optional decorative glaze.  Many of you know love the look of glaze and how it catches the lines of your furniture.  I decided to skip this part on this piece, but to apply it you just brush it on, and then wipe it off!  Easy!

Finally is your top coat!  I used a foam brush to apply mine.  It went on great, and took the dull finish of the bond coat to a perfect satin finish.  Just shiny enough!

It is really that easy!!

Some of my favorite things about this product before I show you the results….

~ You can paint almost any surface including laminate!!

~It is a durable finish that will withstand scratches and 5 kids over time 😉

~ One-Stop Shopping! I love the fact that you can get all you need in one easy purchase!  This comes especially in handy when pushing a stroller and cart at the same time… Just saying!

~ Great color options!

~PRICE!  The entire kit sells for just around $39 at Home Depot!  Seriously!  How great is that?? By the time you purchase 5 other products to possibly achieve the same results, you will be way more out of pocket!

And finally…

~One kit covers up to 35 square feet!  That’s the size of a kitchen table and 4 chairs!

Did I mention it’s only $39?? 😉

Want to see how mine turned out???

I love it!! It makes me happy when I look at it!  And I have some product leftover, so I may just go find something else that needs to be Winter Fog!

So… What would you paint?? Table, dresser, maybe a bed??   CLICK HERE TO ENTER TO WIN YOUR OWN FURNITURE TRANSFORMATIONS KIT!!!

In the meantime, you can read more about Rust-Oleum Furniture Transformations HERE and also watch a video on the product HERE!!

Thanks so much friends and let me know if you have any questions!  I would love for you to spread the word and pin this product below 🙂 !! Thanks again!!

1. keerthana on October 31, 2019 at 12:38 am

wood sales

2. Kay on March 13, 2018 at 8:07 am

I used this on a perfectly good, but dated, bathroom vanity. Brought it right into the 21st century! Inspired by how good the vanity turned out, I also stained the railings and banisters in my loft. I liked the “no sanding” part. It’s an easy process!

3. Celeste on January 21, 2018 at 6:25 pm

Wow, as always beautiful as ever. Very nice, warm, clean color. Looks like a great product. I was wondering what the back is made with and stained? Thank you for all the wonderful posts.

4. Jennifer Stout on July 12, 2014 at 6:35 pm

I’m concerned about how a kitchen table would stand the beating on this finish? Heat? Water marks from glasses? I hate to do the process ( I’ve used it on my kitchen cabinets and love it, so I’m not actually worried about the process) and have it “marked” by heat marks or water marks and have to cover the table with a table cloth again anyway??? What do you think about using a higher shine polyurethane finish, rather than the top coat in the kit? It does not leave much of a shine.

5. Susan Walker on June 22, 2014 at 1:28 pm

Can you use a paint sprayer with this product?

6. Kim {Pinspired Home} on May 16, 2014 at 8:24 am

I have a dresser that I’d love to paint!

7. Sally Poe on December 30, 2013 at 6:58 pm

How many coats of the Bond Coat did you have to use to fully cover the black?

8. Jill on September 9, 2013 at 4:36 pm

Did you have to sand down the piece of furniture first ?!

9. Kristin on October 2, 2012 at 7:26 am

Hey I stumbled across your blog when I searched for rustoleum furniture transformations. I really wanted to refinish an antique vanity in white but it looks like that color isn’t an option. The photo of the paint looks grey, but your hutch looks white–what is the winter fog color really like?

10. Erin on June 12, 2012 at 9:24 am

OhmyWOW is all I have to say. I stumbled on your website via pinterest and cannot leave! Love your blog-it’s been a fabulous start to my day. 🙂

11. Sara on June 5, 2012 at 7:53 am

Hi there! Just found your blog via Pinterest (it was your fabulous farmhouse table!) and I just wanted to tell you that I am so excited to follow you! My finance and I will be moving into our first home soon and I hope to revamp many old pieces for our home. Thanks for sharing great ideas and techniques!!!

• Shanty2Chic on June 5, 2012 at 11:29 am

Thank you Sara!! So glad to have you here!! Thanks for your sweet message ;-)!

12. Mary @ Ms Redo on May 22, 2012 at 11:50 am

Love it! I so want to try this on some things around here! Mary

13. France's on May 19, 2012 at 6:05 pm

Hi, I really want to try this on an old ugly piano! Is the paint stinky? Do I need to wear a mask to paint? Thanks!

14. JENNIFER on May 18, 2012 at 10:11 am

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the hutch!! I have an old dresser that could SO use this product!!! It would look so great!

15. Heather S. on May 18, 2012 at 9:15 am

It looks gorgeous! Great job!