DIY Wall Art ~ LOVE

Hey friends!

Ash and I had a great time at the Haven Conference in Georgia last week!  We will share more on our time there soon!  I am still a little pooped from the trip, so today I worked on an easy little revamp I have been planning.  Many of you may remember my DIY wall art LOVE sign I made a while back.  While I do still love the sign (no pun intended ;-)) I am slightly “over” the color I chose for my heart.  I have been planning a way to make the sign more neutral without painting it.  I finished it today, and I think I love it!

Wood Love Sign

how to make fabric flowers

You can see my tutorial on the wood sign HERE!!  It is super easy and cheap to make!

I do love the pop of color I originally added on the sign, but I am ready to go a different direction in that room.  To add the rosettes to this project I used this tutorial on how to make a fabric flower HERE!!

I started my making a bunch…

diy rolled rosettes

And then used my hot glue gun to cover up the heart! Easy peasy!

hot glue fabric flowers

That’s it!

I love the way the fabric looks against the wood!  So fun!

Here are a few more pictures…

diy wood sign with flowers

wood sign with flowers

wood wall sign

diy wall sign

Hope you love it… Can’t wait to show you what direction I went with the new color!

If you do love it, I would SO appreciate some pins and shares below.  Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great week!!

1. Amy McGovern on May 23, 2015 at 6:07 pm

Tried my hand at your fantastic idea. Thanks so much for sharing!!

2. Monica c on March 29, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Thanks so much for posting this beautiful sign and directions! Had so much fun making it!

3. erika johnson on November 9, 2014 at 5:10 pm

I loved your sign and made my own version… Love it…. I also used your distressed paint with Vaseline idea… Love the finish product…

4. Melanie on August 7, 2014 at 1:42 pm

Thank you for helping me get my shabby chic juices floating! I LOVE THIS!

5. Stephanie Beard on July 14, 2014 at 7:54 am

Thank you for the plan girls! I decided to do burlap flowers instead of fabric because I just couldn’t get the hang out it. This sign looks great in my bedroom

6. Tom Scott on March 1, 2014 at 2:28 pm

What did you use for the stencils? No one local makes them that large and no way I want to free hand it..

Thanks!

7. Holly on October 1, 2013 at 6:01 pm

what kind of fabric did you use for the flowers?? and what are the dimensions for the letters?!

8. Kristin on July 15, 2013 at 1:32 pm

Thank-you so much for the plans! I made the wine bottle vases too. Perfect for our bedroom!!

9. Lisa Stewart on March 31, 2013 at 1:04 am

I made this sign and LOVE it!!! I am trying to post a picture but it’s not working.

10. Chelsea Jebson on February 15, 2013 at 2:25 pm

i was just wondering if you know the font you used??

11. screendoorgirl 3 on December 29, 2012 at 6:10 am

So pretty! I have it pinned-can’t wait to try one . Thanks!

12. Kim Williams Gravel on December 11, 2012 at 4:54 pm

I just hung mine up! It’s not nearly as polished as yours, but I “love” it! I don’t have a device for making stencils, and my local craft shop didn’t carry any big enough, so I made them with newspaper. I also used spray paint since that’s what I had, but I won’t make that mistake again since my lines weren’t crisp at all. I had to sand off a lot of spray that got under the stencil, which is why the stain is uneven, but I liked the effect, so I left it.

• Marlyinn-David Reed on October 23, 2014 at 11:13 am

How long did you make your boards

13. Laura @ The Turquoise Home on October 24, 2012 at 12:47 pm

I have a sign I made from pallets, but it’s so heavy I’m afraid to hang it on the wall. Is yours heavy? How did you hang it??

• Shanty2Chic on October 24, 2012 at 12:55 pm

Hey Laura,
      I have made several and I always anchor them and use picture hanging wire. You can buy the hanging kit at Wal-Mart or any craft store!
      Sent from my iPad

14. jademadkins on October 23, 2012 at 7:32 am

I just made a version of this lastnight. It’s not totaly finished. But, thank you so much for the idea!

15. Crystal on October 4, 2012 at 5:49 am

I just bought the materials and even found the material at Hobby Lobby, but could you explain starting out the rosesettes a little more without using buttons?

16. Christie on October 2, 2012 at 10:13 pm

I LOVE this, so much in fact, I made one! Like I busted out the saw and everything! I never would have even attempted this without your tutorial. Thank you so much for sharing how to make this.

• Shanty2Chic on October 4, 2012 at 7:47 am

Oh that’s awesome Christie!! So happy you got brave! Isn’t it fun?? 🙂

17. Amber on September 20, 2012 at 11:25 am

Since we bought our house last September, I have been trying to find something to put on our wall behind our bed and when I came across this on Pinterest last week, I knew I had to make it! Thank you so much for sharing! I finished mine today and I absolutely love it! Now I just have to bug hubby to hang it. 🙂

• Shanty2Chic on October 4, 2012 at 7:47 am

That is great Amber! I would love to see pics! 🙂

18. GlamorousMommy on August 16, 2012 at 1:24 pm

Super cute!!

19. Melody on August 16, 2012 at 1:47 am

I can see this as a headboard for our bed too.

• Shanty2Chic on August 16, 2012 at 4:19 pm

Good idea Melody!! I love it! 😉

20. Tracy Cosgrove on August 9, 2012 at 6:52 pm

i saw your instructions on how to make the flowers just wondering did you put the buttons in the middle of these??? Just i hate my lamp shades and i thought this would make them interesting. Thanks 🙂 PS love your site

• Shanty2Chic on August 16, 2012 at 4:20 pm

I didn’t! Just started rolling from the inside and you can’t see where the fabric starts at all. I think they would be so cute on a lamp shade! I have some on a shade I did in my kitchen! Good luck!