Easy No Sew Window Panels

Hey guys!

I made my girls some window panels for their room today.  These are so easy to make, and can go in pretty much any room of the house.  If you can handle a hot glue gun, you can master these.  I added some stripes to the girls’, but you can totally skip that part for a neutral panel.

Here is how theirs turned out!

For the fabric I use this drop cloth from Lowe’s.

This is a long drop cloth that is already hemmed on all the edges.  One drop cloth will make 2 long valance… Cheap!

I always start by cutting the drop cloth in half which leaves me with 2 pieces that are about 4′ x 7.5′.

For those of you that want to add some stripes… Here is where I did it.  If you don’t, just skip to the next part!

I used blue painter’s tape to section off a few stripes at the hemmed end of both pieces.

Next I used acrylic paint and foam brushes to fill in my lines… Easy!

That’s it for the lines!  Let the paint dry and you are ready to finish them off!

Now I added my top hot glue hem.  I cut my panels 2″ longer than the finished length I wanted them.

Next, I folded that end 1″ and ironed it.

Then I folded it again and ironed the fold.

Here is where “Old Trusty” comes in…

I used my hot glue gun to hold down that fold.  This is my hot glue gun.  Don’t judge… It’s been very loved.

I bought this one at Walmart and it is my very favorite hot glue gun.  And it’s $6.  Best power tool a mom can buy.

That’s it!  Once you glue that hem down the panel is finished!

This is what I did for the hardware.  I love wood drapery hardware, but it costs a pretty penny.  So… I made my own for my bathroom a while back and decided to do the same here!

Here is what you will need…

Wood pole from Home Depot or Lowe’s.  You can have them cut it to the length you need it.

I use these rod brackets from Lowe’s.  They are in the wood section by dowels.

I also use these finials found in the same section at Lowe’s.

I cut the wood pole to the size I needed and gave everything a coat of my NEW fav…

You can find Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain at Lowe’s as well.  Loving the Kona color…

I attached the wood brackets to the wall with screws and hung everything up.  To attach the finials you just screw them into both ends of the pole.

For my drapery rings I used these that I found at Lowe’s.  You can also find these at Hobby Lobby.

Just clip your panels up and that’s it!

How easy are those?  They can be easily customized, or just left plain and simple.  And the best part… No sew baby!  Here are the girls’ all finished!

Hope you like them!  These really can be used in every room of the house.  You can customize them so easily and they can be made in no time at all!

If you like them, I would so appreciate some pins and shares below!  Hope you have a great Friday night!

Thanks so much!!

1. Sandra on August 2, 2013 at 2:06 pm

Oh heck yes…This WILL be done! Thanks for sharing where to get the gear AND the prices-giddy with excitement!

2. Cheryl Owen on July 19, 2013 at 5:51 pm

I am making these for sure!! Love this idea!

3. Hanneke on April 28, 2013 at 5:55 am

What a great idea !!!

4. B-Unruh on April 26, 2013 at 1:10 pm

So do you think you could dye these??? Maybe like a chocolate brown???

• Di on March 29, 2015 at 11:19 am

You can dye it. They need to be washed and dried because they shrink. Do wash them and dry them before you make anything. Eventually they will need to be washed and they will shrink!

5. Tosha on April 19, 2013 at 7:04 pm

SOOOO glad I found this! I was at hobby lobby looking at fabric today. Of course, the fabric I wanted was $8.99/yd (I was planning to buy 10 yds based on what I’d seen on a different blog). So glad I fought that impulse and decided to do more research. I do think I’m going to end up making drapes for the whole house! eeek!! So excited!!

6. Helen Gi on April 13, 2013 at 10:01 am

Thanks for the inspiration!

7. Kelly Wyatt on April 10, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Love that you used drop cloths! I don’t sew, but I am han
    dy with a glue gun. I am going to try stenciling a pattern at the bottom. We shall see…. Thanks!

8. Billye Thomas on March 19, 2013 at 7:48 pm

I really like this. I did something similar. My camper needed new curtains. I decided to make some while we were out camping. So, I had no sewing machine. I had to cut the material which meant seams on all for sides. No electricity so couldn’t use my glue gun. I make greeting cards for my own use and happened to have some double sided tape. Worked great. Still holding a year later. I did use clip hooks because that is what the previous curtains had. Just reused them.

9. Steph Gatten on March 18, 2013 at 10:28 pm

I made these tonight for my living room, but I chose to prewash them to see if I could get the creases out from it being folded in the packaging for so long. I’m going on over 1.5hrs of ironing, trying to get all the new wrinkles out. What did you do to get the creases out from packaging?

• Shanty2Chic on March 18, 2013 at 10:35 pm

I didn’t prewash them. I just ironed them straight out of the package on high heat with steam. Have you tried starch? Hope this helps!

10. Ginger Lee on March 12, 2013 at 7:18 pm

Yep, gonna have to make a trip to get some drop cloth tomorrow. (I’ve been needing a neutral-ish curtain in my living room area, & these are too cute for words!)

11. Stecey Blakely Kessel on March 7, 2013 at 9:07 pm

So many variations flying thru my head. Paint and stencil myself crazy! Polka dots, shapes, and flowers, oh my……

12. Ruby on February 15, 2013 at 7:53 am

Very nice and thrifty too

13. gwennie on February 10, 2013 at 2:20 pm

i’m a good seamstress, and i LOVE these no-sew curtains!

14. courtney on February 7, 2013 at 6:30 pm

LOVE these!!

15. Jessica Bigi on January 22, 2013 at 3:31 pm

I cannot find the rod brackets like this anywhere! Lowes online did not have them and when I went to the store they seemed to be clueless as well :/

• gwennie on February 10, 2013 at 2:22 pm

i’ve seen these brackets at home depot. they have them on-line as well. these hold one rod, but they also make them that hold a skinnier second rod in back, i think for a sheer curtain.

16. Carrie M. on January 11, 2013 at 5:16 pm

I love the panels, but what I realllllllly love is the paint color on the wall! Do you happen to know what shade it is??

17. muffintopmommy on January 11, 2013 at 10:51 am

You are awesome! I love that you did that without sewing bc I SEW can’t! (Sorry, that was bad.) Love it and repinned. Thanks!

18. Lauren Snedigar on January 11, 2013 at 9:42 am

What a great tutorial! I’m always looking for cheep answers to my curtain nightmares!

19. Mindi Muzz on December 21, 2012 at 6:23 pm

OH and fyi in the bedroom its thick enough to just put a soft glow in the room in the morning!!

20. Mindi Muzz on December 21, 2012 at 6:21 pm

DID IT!! Thanks a bunch my new home slider had nothing because curtains that size were $$ pricey $$ couldn’t get myself to pay that much for something I didnt “LOVE” So did the bedroom with out a cute in the middle since I never open and when i do its off to one side. loved it so much did the living room slider also!! Split that one down the middle so they could tay open!! thanks for the tip, the home depot here in california the 10×15 was about $28. but left a bunch to work with on an 8′ door wall.