Hampton Umbrella Side Tables

Hey there!  You may remember the Pottery Barn inspired Lounge Chairs that I built last summer for my patio.  Well, I really wanted the matching umbrella side table {tables} to match however, it is on sale for $299….

Wayyyyy out of my budget (of course)

Thanks to our friend Ana, I was able to build a similar  table for only $43!  Total savings…over $250!  Umbrella Stand plans!

Here are some pictures of my building process:

kreg jig pocket holes

I used Gorilla Glue Wood Glue and my Kreg Jig to build the entire table.

ends joined with wood glue diy outdoor side table

umbrella table

slatted table top with traced circle for umbrella

After I purchased the umbrella I wanted (Garden Ridge for $39), I traced a circle around the base onto the center of the table.

and….even though I saved over $250 on the table already, I couldn’t bare to spend money on an umbrella stand that would be covered up so…

diy umbrella base with quikreteI sunk the base of the umbrella into a cheap flower-pot and filled it with Quikrete!  It’s very easy, just position the base of the umbrella in the pot, fill with about a half bag of Quikrete, mix with water.  Follow up with the rest of the bag!

Here’s the finished product:)

Pottery Barn Inspired Umbrella Side Table

outdoor umbrella purchased at Garden Ridge

DIY outdoor patio set

how to build an outdoor side tableI LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this umbrella stand!!  It is the perfect addition to my lounge chairs and I love the pop of color the umbrella gives my back patio:)

If you LOVE this table I would LOVE your pins below!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Ashley

1. Karen on July 15, 2015 at 8:50 pm

I can’t open the plans for some reason. It is awesome and I want to def builds one

2. Tamara Ahrens on April 26, 2013 at 3:09 pm

Hi Ashley, can you tell me what color stain you used on this umbrella stand? It looks to be the perfect color to match our resin/wicker furniture. Thanks so much!

3. Jillian Burdorff on February 22, 2013 at 2:28 pm

Love, love, love this table! Plan to make it this summer. Only thing I will do differently is put a few cinder blocks inside it for weight, then use a piece of pvc pipe to “line” the umbrella hole. That way the metal pole won’t be sitting in water and rusting when it rains. I’ll a;lso be able to remove the umbrella for storage when it gets cold again.

4. jamie on June 22, 2012 at 9:03 am

What kind of stain did you use for this and the chaise lounges? Have they held up well in the weather. I would love to make this and the loungers! Thanks for all your tips!

5. Becky@OrganizingMadeFun on June 21, 2012 at 8:49 pm

You girls are amazing! It was so great to have lunch with you today at Haven! Very sweet and you have a gorgeous blog!

Becky B.
    Organizing Made Fun

• Ashley on June 24, 2012 at 6:19 am

Hi Becky! We loved getting to meet you too! Can’t wait for next year:))

6. Sue on June 21, 2012 at 4:31 pm

What a gorgeous stand! I have to say I am thoroughly impressed at your building skills. You make these projects look as easy as whipping up a batch of brownies!

• Ashley on June 24, 2012 at 6:21 am

LOL thank you Sue! I have said so many times that I have discovered that building is as simple as following a recipe (with a little more elbow grease and sweat;) We started two years ago and had ZERO building experience so if we can do it, anyone can!!!

7. Sheryll on June 21, 2012 at 12:35 pm

Love it! How clever to figure out what to do with the umbrella.

• Ashley on June 24, 2012 at 6:22 am

Thank you Sheryll! I really agonized over this for about a week…couldn’t imagine speding over $50 for a base that would be covered…it is still standing strong and I’m so happy with the results!

8. Wendy on June 21, 2012 at 9:18 am

WOW!

• Ashley on June 24, 2012 at 6:22 am

Thanks so much Wendy:)

9. Miranda Rowe on June 21, 2012 at 7:22 am

WOW! I love this! You are SO creative. I am so intimidated to build things on my own but you make it seem so easy…

• Ashley on June 24, 2012 at 6:24 am

Thank you Miranda! Honestly, it is as easy as it looks! We only started building two years ago and had ZERO building experience. We want women to know that it is possible for everyone to do this!!!

10. Erin Meerzaman on June 21, 2012 at 4:48 am

I have always wanted to make this and I think this summer I will give it a try. I wanted to know what type of finish you use to make it last outdoors?

11. becky mercado on June 20, 2012 at 11:22 pm

Yes… definitely going to make this. I actually have Pottery Barn Chases and Umbrellas. The umbrellas just don’t ever stay straight and fall over a lot. I’ve always wanted one of these….and I’m following your lead. Great job. Of course mine won’t have the toe nails on the inside…but it’ll work.

• Ashley on June 24, 2012 at 6:27 am

Thank you Becky! The flower pot and quikcrete worked so great! It is very windy where we live and I worried about having an umbrella open but it hasn’t budged!!

12. Crissy on June 20, 2012 at 3:40 pm

I am in LOVE with this stand. I have been eyeing this piece at PB for a long time, but at $300 it would never EVER be in my budget. I’m so excited that you and Ana did this it looks Amazing!!!!

• Ashley on June 24, 2012 at 6:29 am

Thank you Crissy! Amazing that it can be recreated (umbrella included) for less than $100!!

13. Angie@Classy With A Side of Style on June 20, 2012 at 3:38 pm

Wow!! That is amazing how great it looks! Do it yourself projects are so fun 🙂

• Ashley on June 24, 2012 at 6:29 am

Thank you Angie! You are so right, I love that feeling of accomplishment!

14. Jenn @ Frost Bites on June 20, 2012 at 2:43 pm

that looks awesome. i wish i had your talent.

• Ashley on June 24, 2012 at 6:16 am

Thanks so much Jenn! It really is very easy…promise;)