Tiered Basket Tray

Hey guys!

Hope everyone is having a great week!! Our mom’s birthday is tomorrow, and I thought it would be fun to make her this next project.  She pretty much wants 1 of everything we make anyway, so it works!

I made her a Tiered Basket Tray, and here is how it turned out!

This is super easy to make… And no power tools needed! 😉

I found all of my supplies at Hobby Lobby.

I found the baskets 1/2 off and spent $9 on both of them together.  They had lots of shallow baskets like this one to choose from!

I used a small candlestick for my base piece.  They are sold in a bag of 6.

I used these unfinished candlesticks.  You can find them in the unfinished wood section, and you can also buy them from HL online!

I also got 2 thin wood ovals for $.79 a piece… Same section!

I used these wood circles.  I bought 1 large one and 2 smaller ones.

And the key ingredient in this project is the Gorilla Glue Epoxy!  I love this stuff.  It has the consistency of hot glue, but a super permanent hold!  It is a bit stinky, but that totally goes away when it dries!

All you do is squeeze equal parts of both onto a tray (or really professional dixie plate ;-)) and mix it really well.

I attached my candlestick parts like this…

And my base part like this…

I gave those 3 pieces a coat of my very fav…

Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch in Heirloom White

After they dried I added some Gorilla Glue Epoxy to the top of my base part…

I attached my larger basket to this piece… Make sure to let it dry really good.  It’s a good idea to put something heavy like a book or something there while it dries.

Next, I used the epoxy to attach my first candlestick piece and the smaller basket.

My last step was attaching my other candlestick piece using the epoxy.  I decided to top this one off with a fun knob to add some color!  You can epoxy it to the top, and you may need to drill a hole in the candlestick for the screw.  That’s it!

Pretty darn easy!  And pretty cute I think!  She is always looking for something to hold plastic forks and spoons when we have parties and I think this would fit the bill!  I love it!

Hope you like it!

Hope she does too!  Happy Birthday Mama!  We love you so much!

I would love for you to PIN this baby and share it below 😉

Thanks guys!

1. Kathy on June 22, 2012 at 8:29 pm

Such a cute project! I bet she loved it!

2. Staci on June 17, 2012 at 5:39 am

This is a great piece! I am always looking for tray-type things to go in the center of the table with all the things we need in them. Thanks for sharing!

3. Karyn on June 13, 2012 at 11:57 pm

Just found your website tonight at work (almost by accident), this was the first thing I saw and now I’m totally hooked!!! A new favorites tab on my laptop! Can’t wait to try this and some of your other projects! Thank you for sharing your ideas!!

4. Tammy on June 13, 2012 at 8:53 am

So Cute! I am sure she will love it!

5. Annie on June 13, 2012 at 8:11 am

Great idea!! 🙂 Going to try this today. 🙂

6. craftytammie on June 13, 2012 at 7:46 am

i’ve been looking for a tiered wire basket for fruit – i may have to steal your idea! thanks for sharing!

7. Jillian {Her Split Ends} on June 13, 2012 at 7:23 am

Such a cute idea! i love a tiered…well anything…and this is just fantastic!!

Cheers…and totally making this!!
    ~ Jillian

8. megan on June 13, 2012 at 7:13 am

How fun! I see if filled with tasty rolls/croissants/muffins at a brunch.

9. Michelle on June 13, 2012 at 7:02 am

What a great idea. I can see this being used in a bathroom

10. Janet on June 13, 2012 at 6:59 am

How do you come up with just unique adorable ideas? Here I go again copying them!

• Chrissy on June 14, 2012 at 7:52 am

Me too Janet – I see something and race to the store for supplies. I even bought a Ryoby miter saw to get some projects done!!! LOL

11. Nif @ Call Me Nif on June 13, 2012 at 5:26 am

This is so stinkin’ cute! I love it, and you’ve given a great tutorial. I’m going to make my mom a tiered stand with painted candlesticks and decorative plates this weekend… I just may make one of these for myself, too!

12. melle e. on June 13, 2012 at 1:20 am

Love!!! I can see this with square baskets becoming my fruit and veggie stand on the counter! Or maybe two smaller ones forthe table. (I have a 9ft farm table. Ana whites restoration hardware knock-off. I <3 my hubbs!) But on for each end with the mason jars for silverware and salt and peppers on bottom and the cloth napkins on top. Or what about in the kitchen for dish rags (top) and dishtowels (bottom). Or in the sewing room: pin cushions on top, scissors and rotary cutters on bottom. I can see this with other materials, too. Wow. Totally inspired now.