Shanty Hall Tree Bench

Happy Monday guys!!

We have such a fun plan to share with you guys today!

Last week Ashley and I teamed up to build this amazing hall tree!

How cute is that??

Ashley and I teamed up withPureBond Plywood to not only build this piece, but also video the entire process… From buying the wood to moving the finished piece into the house.  So fun!

We will be sharing those videos soon, and we hope they will inspire all of you to get your hands on some power tools and get to work!

We wanted to build a piece that would showcase the amazing PureBond Plywood, and I think we hit the nail on the head with this one ;-)!

The thought of building beautiful furniture with plywood may sound a bit strange.  It did to us as well!  That was until we learned about PureBond Plywood.

PureBond Plywood can be found at any Home Depot.

What sold us on PureBond

~ It uses Formaldehyde-free glue (scary to think we have been breathing in harmful chemicals until now)

~ It’s made in AMERICA… Whoop!!!

~ It’s made with wood from sustainable forests

~ It’s extremely easy to work with

~ Biggest selling point for us… It’s BEAUTIFUL!  You get the look of real hard wood for a fraction of the cost.  Home Depot stocks birch and oak.  You can also order hickory, maple, you name it and have it delivered to your store… Love that!

So after learning the benefits of PureBond Plywood, we will never go back.  It’s such an obvious choice and it fits quite nicely in our shanty budgets!

Let’s talk about the math on this one…

We found a similar hall tree online that sold for close to $1400.  Wowzers.  No thanks!  So… Of course we enlisted the help of our sweet friend Ana to make us some plans to create our own at a fraction of the cost.

Our total cost for this build… $120!  Yah.  I think that makes the hall tree even prettier 😉

Just a few quick tips…

~We chose to use PureBond Oak

~We chose to use 1×3 for the bottom trim, and we used 1×4 and 1×3 for the top trim.  We love the rustic look, and we love that it saved even more money.

Here are just a few more photos of this great hall tree!

Hope you love it as much as we do!  We are super excited to share the video tutorials with you soon!

Make sure to check out the full plans for this great hall tree over at Ana-White.com!!

1. Janet Ditello on September 22, 2012 at 9:35 pm

how wide and how tall is it?

• www.WoodworkPlans.info on July 29, 2018 at 11:29 am

🔨🔨🔨🔨I love the bench I built, but it’s a different design than this one… it’s a bit nicer. I built my own using the plans at www. WoodworkPlans.info – highly recommended you check those out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

Head on over to www. WoodworkPlans.info if you want to learn more – click the pink link above for some more plans! Best of luck on your building adventures!

✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌✌

⁣☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁
      ☁☁💗💗☁💗💗☁☁
      ☁💗💗💗💗💗💗💗☁
      ☁💗💗💗💗💗💗💗☁
      ☁💗💗💗💗💗💗💗☁⁣
      ☁☁💗💗💗💗💗☁☁
      ☁☁☁💗💗💗☁☁☁
      ☁☁☁☁💗☁☁☁☁
      ☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁☁

2. Jennifer on September 5, 2012 at 3:58 pm

thank you thank you thank you… ;o) I am WAY excited… I didn’t see the link!! :o)

3. Joni on September 5, 2012 at 2:57 pm

This is a really nice piece of furniture that looks antique! It is so neat to have something you’ve made on your own.

I would like to start making some of my own furniture. I need a hall tree, book shelves, shelves/table for guinea pig cages (3), armoire, etc. My husband says it will be more expensive to make the things we need because we would need to buy tools. What tools do you need? What tools did you use to make the hall tree?

God Bless!

4. Jennifer on September 5, 2012 at 1:00 pm

Love this…would you share where the plans are for this piece??? :o) WOW…y’all did an awesome job!!!

• Shanty2Chic on September 5, 2012 at 1:15 pm

Thank you Jennifer! There is a link in the post to the plans:)

5. Beverly Ledford on August 20, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Wow. Thats pretty nice and anything that is cutting the price in half is what I like. Im new to blogging please check out my blog at http://beverlyledford.blogspot.com/

6. Laura on August 16, 2012 at 8:09 am

you guys are so talented! I need to get my wood working skills up to par! But I LOVE that pillow! where is it from?!

7. comeca on August 15, 2012 at 4:28 pm

Perfection ladies!

8. Josey Lyne Payne on August 15, 2012 at 12:12 pm

Hi there – did you get the hooks from Home Depot, too?

9. Lynn on August 14, 2012 at 11:36 pm

This is gorgeous! LOVE it!!

10. Jody on August 14, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Amazing! You guys have such talent and you use power tools too! ; )

11. vintagegypsy on August 14, 2012 at 10:08 am

REally sharp!!!!! Love youe designs and your style!! Keep up the great ideas…..

• Shanty2Chic on August 16, 2012 at 5:40 am

Thank you so much!! We are trying 😉

12. Laurie on August 14, 2012 at 8:27 am

Love this project! Thank you for sharing. My mind is reeling with ideas to do!

• Shanty2Chic on August 16, 2012 at 5:41 am

That’s awesome Laurie!! Thanks so much! 😉

13. debbie_mann on August 14, 2012 at 7:34 am

omg i love this,, i really really really want one. Cant wait to see the video.

• Shanty2Chic on August 16, 2012 at 5:41 am

Thank you Debbie!! We are excited to share it with you!!

14. Terri Dodd on August 14, 2012 at 7:01 am

Love it…I can’t wait to see the video! I am a visual learner and I think it will be very helpful! TFS!

• Shanty2Chic on August 16, 2012 at 5:42 am

Great Terri! I am the same way! We are hoping it will helps lots of you!! 🙂

15. GigglingGerty on August 14, 2012 at 2:03 am

Love, love, love this!!! I can’t wait for the video… i am still too “scared” to start anything that needs power tools 😉 & I’m still saving for my kreg, the shipping to oz is ridiculous, altho a seller on ebay did have it for $5, but obviously wised up on his typo and it is back to $55. & a change in stain colour…. i hope dark walnut is ok with that!! Anywho i luv it!!!!! Juanita.
    P.s. can anyone tell me what the equivalent to PureBond would be in Australia, or arecommend something to use for this type of project. Thank you!!!

• Shanty2Chic on August 16, 2012 at 5:39 am

Thanks so much Juanita!! I will check on the PureBond question for you!!

16. [email protected] His Grip Sturman on August 13, 2012 at 7:47 pm

This is awesome. I just took everything out of my enter way for a redo. This would be a great start.

• Shanty2Chic on August 13, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Agreed Judy!! Good luck! Thanks so much! 😉

17. Perry on August 13, 2012 at 7:30 pm

Love the finish! I want to use this type of finish on a headboard. Can you tell us how you did it?

• Shanty2Chic on August 13, 2012 at 9:09 pm

We used Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain in Early American. You can find it at Lowe’s! Let me know if you have any other questions! 🙂

18. crystal woolever on August 13, 2012 at 7:29 pm

Love it!!

19. Traci on August 13, 2012 at 5:03 pm

What a beautiful piece! You guys did an amazing job! I have been wanting a hall tree for my entry way and this would be perfect! I was just wondering what color of stain you used?

• Shanty2Chic on August 13, 2012 at 7:19 pm

Thanks Traci!

We use Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain in Early American… I think it’s a new fav 😉 You can get it at Lowe’s!

20. Cheryl on August 13, 2012 at 3:21 pm