White Pumpkins

Happy Monday!  I love everything about Fall and was so excited to decorate my porch for the season!  To start it off I came up with this fun Fall Front Porch Planter box filled with cute pumpkins!  It was so easy and only cost me $20!

Easy DIY Pumpkin Planter

Our latest shopping trip included an Ikea clearance item that I “shantied up” and repurposed for a front porch fall display!

001

It is some sort of bath stool/storage but I thought it would make the perfect “planter style box” for a front porchSmile

002

Assembled without the top.  It only took 3 minutes to put together!  Score!!

lowes finials

I added four wooden finials, that you can purchase at Lowe’s, to each corner.  These finials are a favorite of oursWinking smile

ryobi drill

To attach them to the corners, I used my Ryobi 18-volt lithium drill to pre-drill a small hole for each finial to screw into.

planter

another quick 3-4 minutesWinking smile

rust-oleum espresso

I finished it with 1 coat of Rust-oleum Espresso spray paint in satin and filled it with cute pumpkinsSmile

pumpkins

fall decor

fall porch

white pumpkin

decorating with pumpkins

halloween decor

how to decorate with pumpkins

I spent $20 on this project, completed it in 20 minutes and I now have a versatile piece for our front porch displays, year-round!

1. Rachel Ann Hanson on June 16, 2013 at 1:56 pm

I am so glad I found this on Pinterest! Because it’s made for a bathroom I wonder if I could line the sides with planters fabric or something and actually plant things in it without it harming the wood.

2. Gayle Schultz on March 3, 2013 at 6:44 pm

Any way to knock off the planter box itself? It looks super easy to duplicate with the slats of wood and 4 legs.

3. Gail on October 14, 2012 at 10:27 pm

Ashley, Sometimes you are so clever I want to stop thinking and just do your stuff. LOL
    Gail
    ambersgrammy17@hotmail.com
    REALLY CUTE

4. Jennifer Schmitz on October 9, 2012 at 6:09 pm

AH, This is such a cute project! …you always make wood working look so easy! I wish I could do half of what you do! Thanks for sharing! 🙂
    Jennifer @ Decorated Chaos

5. Brynn on October 9, 2012 at 1:08 pm

so cute and super creative! love it, thanks for the idea

6. Jenn on October 9, 2012 at 8:17 am

I love it! What a great idea & beautiful!!

7. Giggling Gerty on October 9, 2012 at 12:40 am

Oh to have a creative side to my brain… i can copy to my hearts content but just can’t come up with anything like you girls can! ( i think that’s why i am addicted to pintrest)

8. Mindi Carwin on October 8, 2012 at 6:01 pm

Very cute Ashley! You always have great projects!

9. Jessica McCowan-Martin on October 8, 2012 at 4:31 pm

Love this! So cute and such endless possibilities for dressing up your front porch with it. Thanks for sharing.
    ~Jess @ makingoverthemartins.blogspot.com

10. Denyse@Crazy Beautiful Life on October 8, 2012 at 2:40 pm

This is so darn cute!! I can’t wait to see what you display all year long!!