DIY Dining Table ~ Triple Pedestal Farmhouse

***I have completed the matching benches to this table and you can get the plans for the benches HERE!***

Happy Friday!  Holy moly, I am so excited to share my latest build with you!  I had to take a break from all the Christmas posts to share my new farmhouse table because I just couldn’t wait!

I got the inspiration from a beautiful table that I saw while I was out shopping.  There is no way I could have a $1,000 (plus shipping and tax) dining table in our home with 2 boys and a toddlerWinking smile  So, as always, I enlisted the help of our very sweet and talented friend, Ana White!  She nailed it and after her awesome plans and my elbow grease, I now have a ridiculously gorgeous, expensive-looking, grand dining table and it only cost me $125!  I know, insane!

I have shared the steps I took and the tips I learned as I went.  This was not challenging at all and it took me about 10 hours of work from cutting the wood to applying the finish!

Find Ana’s plans HERE!

Let’s start with the legs:

assembling legsgorilla glue wood glue

A little Gorilla Glue Wood Glue goes a long way!

Easy enoughWinking smile  Now let’s build the bases:

I used my Kobalt sliding compound miter to make the mitered cuts.

compound miterhow to miter cut

Time to put these babies together!

attaching the legsmeasuring

how to make a tableassembling table legs

how to build a table

Adding the decorative arcs:

how to cut with a jig sawsanding arcsattaching arcs

I love my cordless 18-volt Ryobi jig saw.  This step may seem intimidating but it is very simple!  Just draw an arc on each piece and follow with the jig saw.  I use my Ryobi cordless sander to sand away any jagged cuts.

Now for the table top:

building table topcontructing table top

table top frametable top

table top finished

I constructed the entire table top with my Kreg Jig®, Gorilla Glue and my cordless Ryobi brad nailer.

On to the finish:

Rust-Oleum Early American

I picked my favorite, Rust-Oleum Early American stain, to stain this table.  I applied one-coat with a bristle brush and wiped away after 5 minutes.  Tip: because this table is so big, I worked small areas at a time…i.e. legs first, one side of table top, etc.  I also stained the legs, runner and table top separately before attaching.

ROWC_Int_UltimatePoly_Gal_Gloss_L

I applied one-coat of Rust-oleum Ultimate Polyurethane (in Satin), with a bristle brush, to protect the finish.

***This table is 9 ft. and heavy (not a bad thingWinking smile)!  After the stain was dry, I brought the pieces in the house to assemble the table.  I chose to attach the table top to the legs before pushing the runner through and this worked great for us.  I also did not use wood glue to attach the table top to the legs (just wood screws) so that it can be disassembled and moved easily.***

That’s it!

DIY Farmhouse Table

dining table diy

build a dining table

dining table how to

how to make a table

DIY wood table

diy wooden dining table

DIY wooden table

pedestal style farmhouse table

diy farmhouse style table

diy farm table

long pinterest

Who would have thought 2×4’s and pine boards could be so fancyWinking smile

Click HERE for the matching Bench Plans!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Ashley

I have added links to purchase items/tools I used in this post for your convenience!

Kreg Pocket Hole System

Ryobi Cordless Jig Saw

Ryobi Jig Saw

Kobalt Compound Sliding Miter Saw

Kobalt Sliding Miter

Gorilla Glue Wood Glue

Ryobi 18-Volt Drill

Ryobi Brad Nailer

1. Randi Farnsworth on December 18, 2017 at 10:55 am

I’m going to need to modify this to 90″ in length. Would 2 legs be ok, or do I need the 3rd for stability? I’m wondering if 3 legs at 90″ would look too smooshed. Thanks for your help!

2. Billy Fain on September 16, 2017 at 10:57 am

Did you secure the slider once you got it in place or is it just resting there??? And boy is that thing fun to slide in there!!! Didn’t think I would ever get it right!

3. Mike Bonagura on September 3, 2017 at 10:59 am

Hi! Love the table but lumber is the issue – Home Depot and lowes and all they really have is 1x’s. Where did you get all the 2x’s and are the pine? Please help! And thanks!!

• Shanty2Chic on September 3, 2017 at 11:27 am

We use the framing studs!

• Mike Bonagura on September 3, 2017 at 11:32 am

Ahhh ok thanks! Was driving myself nuts lol! Doug firs or just reg studs? Didn’t think they would take stain so well..

4. Skape on July 3, 2017 at 6:04 am

Started buying materials this weekend to do this. Hit up Lowes and Home Depot, had an awful time finding any good lumber at either. HD’s was moldy and full of bugs, Lowes had a bunch but it looked like they had dropped it off the truck a few miles away and drug it to the store. I spent almost 2 hours at lowes picking through lumber and have about half of what I need.

5. Peter Sailhamer on March 11, 2017 at 4:58 pm

What do you think one of these would sell for?

6. Derick Passmore on June 27, 2016 at 9:20 pm

Build this great table for my wife for mothers Day. It turned out pretty nice. The plans were not correct however in the lumber count. Grab a couple extra 10′ 2×6’s.

7. Danno_the-Manno on April 18, 2016 at 9:30 am

This table design was the spring-board for the one I just built. Mine is 64″x40″ to fit our dining room nook perfectly. The 1-13/16″ thk Red Oak was from a local Michigan sawmill (~$350) including planing & truing 1-side, the top is an off-the-shelf 1-3/4″ thk Baltic Birch butcher block island top from Lowe’s (~$250), and chairs are from the “At Home” store ($89ea). Required a joiner, planar, 3HP table saw, clamps, and a drill press. The poly-urethane is high build clear gloss and there are 7 coats on the top and 3 coats on the base. The legs are 3-pieces and held together with 8qty 3/8×5″ long hex screws (counter-bored). Top is held on with 4qty 3/8×3″ long hex screws (counter-bored). My total cost was around $1k for the whole set, DIY of course. This was my first time building a piece of furniture and first time working with real oak. I plan to build a 50″ bench for one side of the table eventually (as the family grows).

Thanks again for the inspiration!!

Dan A.
    NW Ohio

8. myhreaa on April 3, 2016 at 3:03 pm

Turned out really nice. Not too difficult of a build.

• Nelson Jimenez on June 1, 2017 at 7:03 pm

Can you please tell me the name of the stains you use on your beautiful table you made

• myhreaa on June 1, 2017 at 8:28 pm

Minwax Wood Stain and the color is Provincial 211. The construction grade 2X4 take the stain darker than the Pine top giving it the two tone color. I also used a high gloss polyurethane finish with 5+ coats of coverage.

• Nelson Jimenez on June 3, 2017 at 6:12 am

9. Rick B on November 24, 2015 at 11:57 am

Loved this plan and it was a breeze to build thanks to the easy to follow instructions. I tweaked the dimensions a bit to better fit the space… 95″ long x 44″ wide. Finished it in a dark Jacobean Stain with 3 coats of Satin Poly and it came out great. Next up will be a sideboard to match!

• archimede5 on April 14, 2016 at 7:50 pm

Looks great Rick! Did you still use 3 pedestals or did you only use 2? I’m going to build it about the same size as you did.

• Rick B on April 16, 2016 at 8:02 am

I stayed with 3 and it worked well. Thanks and good luck!

10. B. Laird on August 19, 2015 at 11:11 am

Just finished this for my fiance as our very first dining table in our new home. With the cost of good dining tables at $2k+, we were not going to be getting one any time soon! This was my first woodworking project and I am officially hooked and already planning my next furniture builds. I look forward to using your website in the future! Thanks!

• NoNameRequired on September 28, 2015 at 9:49 pm

BEAUTIFUL!!

• Rebekah Thomas on October 23, 2015 at 2:54 pm

Gorgeous! Where did you purchase your chandelier?

11. Rob B. on July 3, 2015 at 6:44 pm

My father and I are currently building this table at my wife’s request. He and I are amazed at how well it is going. Where can I send pictures if it looks as good when it is finished?

12. Greg Hindle on April 2, 2015 at 10:44 pm

Beautiful table. I have tons of 3x6x20ft real verticle grain old growth. redwood. I think it would be magnificent. I am thinking of making it 10ft by 46 in wide. Should be easy enough to adapt the plans Will be great on a patio.

Wonderful design.
    Greg Hindle.

13. Cristal Merryman on March 17, 2015 at 1:22 am

Where are the measurements ?

• Chris Tincher on April 26, 2015 at 5:28 am

Did you ever build the triple pedastal table?

14. Thomas Watson on January 9, 2015 at 8:02 pm

Thanks so much for the info and instructions. It looks amazing!

15. Chris Goodloe on August 25, 2014 at 6:26 pm

We’re in the process of making this table with the top out of walnut and the base out of white pine. We have most of the top done except for the trim where the plans call for us to nail and glue the 1x2s to the underside and then countersink 3″ screws through the 2×2 below it. Are we countersinking them all the way through to the table top itself or just into the 1×2?

Just curious since we want to make this as sturdy as possible and I assume this is where people would lift this table. We’re military so it will be moved quite a few times over its lifespan.

16. Nicole Reynolds on July 17, 2014 at 9:30 am

thanks for the free plans. i followed your plans for the legs and the overall frame. instead of staining the studs, i covered them in reclaimed lath i got for free on craigslist. it was way more tedious, but i’m happy with how it turned out. i also decided to make it a dining room table that can have a removable top to double as a shuffle board table. i haven’t made the table top yet. the shuffleboard playing board is not a true professional butcher block, but it’s working just fine for me. i joined pine boards, made a stud frame underneath, used a wood burner for the numbers, and then poured a couple of coats of epoxy on. the lath is lightly sanded with water based poly. thanks again

17. Laura Pearce on June 20, 2014 at 4:33 pm

We made this table for a friend who really wanted it for her counter height chairs. Here is what it turned out like….i think I like it better as a “normal” height table 🙂 We are making one for ourselves now

18. Jeannette Tetz on June 14, 2014 at 10:23 pm

I want to make this table sooooooooo badly. Now to convince hubby >.<

19. Laura Pearce on June 7, 2014 at 4:35 pm

I am trying to build this table and I think of myself as a pretty good DIYer and follow directions pretty well. But I must admit this table top has got me stumped. The legs went together beautifully, however I am just not understanding the table top. My top is so weak in the middle. The 2×4 in the middle is just not holding it together. I guess I am lost on where the long 1×3’s go and the long 2×4’s go. In one picture it looks like the frame is made from the 2×4’s laying all the same (flat) and in another the picture it looks like the 2×4’s on the ends and sides are actually connected sitting up???? Can you offer any help here.
    Desperate

• Shanty2Chic on June 7, 2014 at 6:12 pm

The table top frame is 2×4’s laying flat sandwiching 2×2. There are measurements in the plans that tell you where to place the 1×3’s.

20. Kris on April 13, 2014 at 12:54 pm

I want this table! So beautiful. Can you please tell me how the poly process works? This seems to be a problem for me. It usually comes out bumpy and not smooth and glossy like it is supposed to.

21. Terri Sheppard on January 23, 2014 at 10:39 am

I have been trying to read and see how you attached the table top to the legs. Did you use the Kreg Jig or did you just screw it through the legs to the top??? I can’t use the apron on the table because of my son and was hoping that I could eliminate it.. Thanks..

22. Steve on January 19, 2014 at 8:11 am

I built this table at my wife’s request. First DIY attempt, and I think it went pretty well: http://stephenrcase.wordpress.com/2014/01/18/be-thou-the-unseen-guest-at-every-meal/ Thanks for the plans.

• Shanty2Chic on January 19, 2014 at 8:45 am

Wow Steve!!! This is SO GREAT! Lucky lady! Can’t believe it’s your first DIY…

23. lupitag89 on November 21, 2013 at 9:55 pm

Recently I was really, really low on money and debts were eating me from all sides! That was UNTIL I decided to make money on the internet! I went to surveymoneymaker dot net, and started filling in surveys for cash, and surely I’ve been far more able to pay my bills! I’m so glad, I did this!! – t7es

24. Kelli Burns on November 11, 2013 at 10:25 pm

I’m a beginner & a couple of questions – When attaching the tabletop to the legs, do you screw from the top or underside, and should the kreg jig be used as well? We just bought our wood and Kreg jig today…so excited for this project!

25. PLONG on November 2, 2013 at 3:12 pm

How many people does this table seat?

• Shanty2Chic on November 4, 2013 at 7:28 am

I’d say 8 average adult very comfortably. You could add chairs at each end as well

26. darrenmotto on October 15, 2013 at 5:53 am

There are so many different materials dining tables in the market and you can see different pictures on web. Every day you can watch different pictures and get best ideas.

27. Danny Beilfuss on August 22, 2013 at 10:15 am

Where can I get the blue prints for this table and bench?

28. Sarah Krouse on July 11, 2013 at 5:00 pm

ashley, i found your blog through a link sent me from alexandra at hometalk. i was so excited to see this! i’ve been looking for this exact farm table for over a year now; but the antiques weren’t large enough + the new tables were outrageously expensive. so perfect! yours turned out beautifully. let’s hope mine looks as good 😉

29. Linda Crandall on July 8, 2013 at 6:38 pm

I made this table a couple week ends ago. We love it. We did it in 90″ instead of 106″ due to size of our room. I have handed out the plans like crazy! Thank you and Ana for sharing.

• me21900 on July 10, 2013 at 6:19 pm

I am thinking of making mine 96″ but debating if I should use three pedestals or two. What did you use?

• Linda Crandall on July 12, 2013 at 11:32 am

I used three and it worked out wonderful on 90″ – I tried two, but it just felt like something was missing.

30. Brooke on July 1, 2013 at 11:19 am

I love this table and plan on having my hubby build me one. We had a friend build a farmhouse table though and after a few months their planks shrank from drying out the rest of the way and it caused gaps in the table that food can fall into and get stuck. I really don’t want this to happen with my table. Any suggestions on how to avoid this?

• Shanty2Chic on July 1, 2013 at 11:24 am

Brooke, you should not have that problem if he uses the Kreg Jig! I actually have built several table tops and I haven’t had that problem yet! Hope this helps:)

• Brooke on July 1, 2013 at 11:26 am

Ok awesome! Thank you so much!

31. Table Pads on June 4, 2013 at 6:50 am

Stunning Triple Pedestal Table. I really like it. I suggest you to please use table pad that give extra care of your table and protect from scratch and dirty stuffs.

32. Nicky on April 2, 2013 at 11:33 am

kj

33. Maria Suarez on March 14, 2013 at 7:23 pm

How many people does this table seat? I like the idea of having a bench on one side, and then chairs on the other. Would you recommend a chair design that goes well with this table please.

34. Debi W on February 8, 2013 at 9:55 am

I’m so excited to make this table. All I need to get is the brad nailer.. but we have to wait until we move so I can make it to fit our dining room.. I’m *im*patiently waiting for that day.. 🙂

• Debi W on February 8, 2013 at 9:56 am

I also love that you give detailed images of the processes you use! makes it so much easier to visualize the building process..

35. Michelle on January 27, 2013 at 3:07 am

I think the best way to keep food and liquid spills out of the cracks of this table is to put a piece of plexi-glass or glass. You can measure the table and go to a place that cuts these products to size. I love this table! =)

36. Lisa N Joel Phair on January 15, 2013 at 12:41 pm

Did you (or any other reader who has built this awesome table) rip down the sides of the boards to get flush edges? Just an idea I’m toying with but haven’t decided if it’s truly a “good” idea!

• Shanty2Chic on January 15, 2013 at 4:31 pm

Hi Lisa,
      I didn’t alter boards at all. I like the look as-is but I think it’s a matter of preference. The top is 1x’s so they are not rounded on the edges. Hope this helps!

37. maryannbaro on January 12, 2013 at 9:55 am

This is flippin’ amazing! A girl after my own heart with the power tools. I love my tools. I wish I didn’t have a table just so I could make this!!!! Super AWESOME!

38. Rustic Ruffles on January 9, 2013 at 11:02 pm

I love this table! I’m starting construction next week on one of my very own. I can’t wait to see the bench you create to compliment this table. Are you still planning to post one soon?

• Shanty2Chic on January 9, 2013 at 11:08 pm

Awesome:)). Yes, planned for next week!

39. sara on January 5, 2013 at 6:54 pm

Thank you so much for the plans! My husband is finishing up this table right now! Looks fantastic! Plans for a bench real soon?

• Shanty2Chic on January 5, 2013 at 8:05 pm

Awesome Sara! Please send us pics:). I am about to finish up the benches so expect plans within a week or two!

40. Dave Wilhoit on December 29, 2012 at 7:37 pm

Hello, I was wondering if you think that these plans would be modifiable for a smaller dining area?

41. Traci on December 18, 2012 at 11:58 am

Love all your projects! What kind of chairs will you use? or bench seats?

42. Jen Mefford on December 13, 2012 at 2:28 pm

I like yours better than the one you linked to from World Market 🙂

43. Jennie Staton on December 7, 2012 at 12:51 pm

Gorgeous table. We’re making the other farmhouse table this week. We’ll let ya know how it turns out and post pictures. Question though….what color of stain did you use on this table? I love it and would like to use the same.

• Shanty2Chic on December 7, 2012 at 1:26 pm

Thank you! Rust-oleum Early American:)

Sent from my iPad

44. The Primitive Junkie on December 6, 2012 at 7:53 am

I love the table! I tend to be a little intimidated with constructing and building things, but after seeing your table, I may just give it a try!

45. Jennifer Dewing on December 4, 2012 at 10:28 am

We currently have a sheet of plywood screwed to our table to make it bigger and I think this would be a good replacement! lol

I do have a question for you and even though it was already asked, I would like a bit more info (for if/when my husband says this won’t work for us *wink*). We have 7 children and with those 7 children come many messes at the table (as you can imagine!). While I don’t want large gaps like a picnic table (for the food/liquid gets to the floor anyway), I also need something that will wipe up easily without food particles and liquid getting trapped in the groves, You mentioned you didn’t round your edges, so did you tongue and groove them or butt them up together and glue them? I one of your pictures, I can see gaps around the edge pieces and the middle piece. Have you found that food and liquid is finding it’s way into these gaps? Are they easy to clean out? Do you think filling them with wood filler be a good choice to help fill the?

I know this seems silly, but I used to have a table that had a groove around the edges, about 4″ or so from the outer edge, and it was impossible to keep food particles out of it! While I love the look of this table, I don’t want the time, effort and money put into this if it will be unclean-able like the affor mentioned table.

Thanks for your input!

• Zoe Stevens on April 3, 2013 at 11:37 am

Is that baby eating poo?

• Melissa Gail Carico Craven on August 11, 2013 at 6:49 am

My mom had a table with a crack all the way around that crumbs were always stuck in. She ended up sanding the table, putting wood putty in the crack, then putting 2 coats of Polyshades on it to refresh the table. (It was probably 10 years old.) It looks new, and now there is no crack to catch food.

• Sue Vasquez on December 10, 2014 at 12:04 am

If you like the LOOK of the cracks, just not the food collection, you can use a very dark wood filler in the cracks. (Try mixing a bit of your stain with the wood filler.) Stain your wood, then fill the cracks with the dark filler. Now a light sanding to smooth the filler even with the table… and at the same time give the whole table that rustic look! With kids, I’d follow that with multiple coats of poly to make wiping up a breeze.

46. Stacia Freeman on December 3, 2012 at 11:29 am

this table is amazing and exactly what I have been looking for! I’ve been keeping up with your blog and this table is perfect for my hubby to build! Thank you so much.
    Question – think you’ll do a matching bench???? I would love one 😉

47. Runt on December 3, 2012 at 8:16 am

I am so stinking jealous of this table!!!!!!!! I still love the other table you did a while ago. GRRRR. I’m jealous – not even going to lie!! I have a question though, do you custom build your benches/chairs for the seats too?

• Shanty2Chic on December 3, 2012 at 8:21 am

LOL! Thank you:). I am opting for two benches right now… Plans soon. I would love a set of parsons chairs but not ready to splurge right now with my kids being so young still;)
      Sent from my iPad

• Runt on December 3, 2012 at 10:27 am

I am so jealous of this darn table I could cry!!! I recently made the decision that I really really really want to build my furniture. Right now I only have a leveler and a drill so that won’t get me very far lol I bet you can guess what I am asking for for Christmas though! I can’t wait to see the benches!

• Shanty2Chic on December 3, 2012 at 10:33 am

Oh you will get so addicted after the first build! The tools really pay for themselves with the first big piece of furniture. Just look at this table for example! I saved over $1,000! That’s a lot of tools;)). Get the main stuff first and then add the fluff tools as you go:))
          Sent from my iPad

• Runt on December 3, 2012 at 10:45 am

That sounds like a plan to me! I just feel like you can spend so much money on something that isn’t even real wood, or something that isn’t made in America. (I try to get things made in the good ‘ol USA if I can, but it can be pricey-er.) I have been looking at various blogs like yours for a while now and I do feel like it’s something I really want to do. You’re my inspiration! =] (and Ana White…)

48. Loretta E on December 2, 2012 at 12:24 pm

I keep telling my husband that if he happens upon some tools, I have no shortage of projects for him to start working on. He said he needs a hobby, and I think this table would be a good place to start!

• Shanty2Chic on December 3, 2012 at 10:39 am

LOL! I like your thinking Loretta;)

49. Chelsea Weenig Forsythe on December 1, 2012 at 10:37 pm

Absolutely lovely! We have been looking at farm house tables to build one for our house as well. they only question we have is with using the 2X4s for the top will food get stuck in the cracks? I don’t want to have to get out my butter knife after every dinner and scrape out the cracks. Thanks for the plans and idea!

• Shanty2Chic on December 1, 2012 at 11:17 pm

Thank you:). The top is planked with 1×6 boards and they aren’t rounded. I don’t think that would be a problem at all. I also have a coffee table planked with 1×6 and I haven’t had any problems:)
      Sent from my iPad

50. bobbi on December 1, 2012 at 1:33 pm

I adore this table, my husband and I have been looking for a new table for our family, we just had a baby so we have 4 kids and us that need to be able to fit at the table, plus we always have huge family gathering at our house. I hate looking in the stores because table I like I dont want to pay for knowing that my little ones will most likely scratch it or something, and most stores in my area don’t have sturdy tables that will last which is what i want..I am hoping to be able to talk my husband into letting me try this, he is always in favor of saving money and I think he will love this table. Thank you for sharing!

• Shanty2Chic on December 2, 2012 at 8:58 am

Thank you Bobbi:). Goo luck and please share pictures:)

Sent from my iPad

51. Bethany Nevitt on December 1, 2012 at 1:17 pm

Amazing job!!! Quite stunning!

• Shanty2Chic on December 2, 2012 at 8:58 am

Thank you Bethany!

Sent from my iPad

52. Donna Holland on December 1, 2012 at 11:49 am

Are you kidding me! This table rocks!!!

• Shanty2Chic on December 2, 2012 at 8:59 am

LOL! Thank you Donna;)

Sent from my iPad

53. Sandra McMoore on December 1, 2012 at 9:51 am

Absolutely gorgeous! Great job! I recently got a great free table base from Craig’s list, it has no top, so I am planning to build one. I was a bit intimidated by the prospect, but you have inspired me to actually do it! I hope mine turns out half as nice as yours!

54. Kimberly Hottenstein on December 1, 2012 at 9:48 am

This is just gorgeous. I’m curious as to what you will be using for seating with it. Bench or chairs or both?

55. Jenny Lynn on December 1, 2012 at 8:11 am

It is simply divine how you made it out of 2×4’s! I am so intrigued!!!

Jenny @ http://jennylynndesignz.blogspot.com/

56. DeborahAldridge on December 1, 2012 at 8:07 am

This is wonderful, and something you can pass down for generations. Good job!

57. Christine on November 30, 2012 at 7:45 pm

It’s stunning! I know what I am going to be doing over the long cold winter months. Thanks for sharing!

58. Rob on November 30, 2012 at 5:12 pm

Any dimensions for the 2 by 4’s?

• Shanty2Chic on November 30, 2012 at 7:49 pm

Hey Rob,
      The plans for the table are on Ana’s site. I linked to them at the top of the post:). Hope this helps:)
      Sent from my iPad

59. tmiller714@gmail.com on November 30, 2012 at 4:30 pm

This is amazing! Can you tell me what kind of wood you used? I live in California and when I price out pine it is SOOO expensive. It would cost about $500-600 to make that table out of pine here.

• Shanty2Chic on November 30, 2012 at 4:34 pm

I used the cheapest 2x’s (no more than $4 for the 2×8’s) and the 1×6’s were white wood and run about $4 each as well. The only select pine I purchased was for the 1×3 and 1×2 simply because my hardware store does not carry a cheaper product. Those were about $7 each. Hope this helps!

• tmiller714@gmail.com on November 30, 2012 at 4:46 pm

Thank you so much! The stores here carry douglas fir, so that would be ok for the 2 x’s, correct?

• Shanty2Chic on November 30, 2012 at 4:53 pm

Should be! I don’t know what the actual 2x’s that I used are called but they are stud quality if that helps:)

• Jim Rokusek on December 5, 2012 at 1:44 pm

Spruce – Pine – Douglas Fir are all very close to the same thing. 2×4’s and other framing lumber you find at the big box stores are all made from one of these 3 types of trees and can be used interchangeably.

• Shanty2Chic on December 5, 2012 at 1:52 pm

Sent from my iPad

60. Mindi Carwin on November 30, 2012 at 3:47 pm

Great Job Ashley! I love it!

61. Sue on November 30, 2012 at 3:04 pm

Awesome job! If I didn’t already have a table I might actually attempt to make this!

• Shanty2Chic on November 30, 2012 at 4:35 pm

Thank you Sue! It so happens our little sister was in need of a table so I gave her ours and built this one;)

62. Danielle Huddleston on November 30, 2012 at 2:32 pm

That looks beautiful! Great job!

63. Brielle Franklin on November 30, 2012 at 2:26 pm

This is a beautiful table! I built one last year and it has adjustable table legs. The legs are perfect because the kids can lower it so they can use it for crafts. I love it, and yours is beautiful as well!