Wood Advent Calendar with FREE Printables!

Hey friends!

Hope everyone is having an awesome Thanksgiving break!  I am here today to share a quick and cute advent calendar I made!  This also makes a super cute Christmas Card display!

Here is how it turned out…

Wood Advent Calendar with FREE Printables

This is so simple to make!  I made mine during yesterday’s nap time!

Wood Advent Calendar with FREE Printables

I started with 2 – 1×3″ furring strips from Lowe’s or HD.  These run under $2 a piece.  Here are my dimensions…

Wood Advent Calendar with FREE Printables

For those of you that don’t have a saw…  This is one you need to have.  You can EASILY cut this project and so many others on our site using this.  Cheap and easy… Promise!

That’s a stocking stuffer gals!  Come on… You will thank me!  This is a perfect ‘craft’ saw, and you would be shocked at how many projects you can do with it!

Wood Advent Calendar with FREE Printables

To paint my advent calendar, I used the method below!  Just click on the photo to take you to the post where I give a full tutorial on it.

Wood Advent Calendar with FREE Printables

Once it was dry I finished up!

Wood Advent Calendar with FREE Printables

I decided to hang little bags on each of my clips!  I will be filling each bag with small goodies for all the kids…  Fun small candy, stickers, and treats.

Wood Advent Calendar with FREE Printables

For the numbers, I decided to print them on my computer!  I made them printables for you!!

Print Advent Numbers 1-15

Print Advent Numbers 16-25

Wood Advent Calendar with FREE Printables

I found my punch on Amazon!  Here is the link below!

Wood Advent Calendar with FREE Printables

That’s it!   I have mine sitting by our fireplace, and I love it!  So cute!  Want to see a few more pictures??

Hope you love it!

I would love for you to share and PIN this advent calendar below!

Also, be sure to stay up to date with all things Shanty by following us on Facebook!

And follow Shanty on Pinterest!

1. Dottie Russell on November 26, 2018 at 10:45 am

Very cute! But if you’re going by dimensions given, you will need 4, 1×3′ furring strips, with 21″ left over. Think I might try this one this weekend.

2. Syl Galloway on November 9, 2017 at 6:45 pm

How do you attach the horizontal pieces of wood to the one vertical piece?

3. Kristi Montrose on November 29, 2016 at 3:05 pm

What’s the saw you’re referring to? The link is now gone.
    Making this today! Really excited about it.

• melissa lucido on December 1, 2016 at 2:27 pm

I’m curious too! I want to make one tonight 😉

4. SabrinaK on November 18, 2015 at 2:17 pm

I love this and it looks so easy to do…well, easy for my husband to do. I’m absolutely doing this next week!

5. Margaret Farley on November 7, 2015 at 6:53 pm

I plan on making 2! One for cards and on for the baggies. What saw did you suggest to use?

6. Stasia Renfrow on August 29, 2015 at 10:01 am

What is the distance between the clothes pins? I am not a good guesser, and I am a tad bit obsessive. 🙂 Love the project.

7. Kari Candland on November 27, 2014 at 1:35 pm

What size finish nail did you use? I don’t want them sticking out the back!

8. Jessie Tennis on November 21, 2014 at 6:58 pm

I am not seing the link to the whole punch 🙁

9. Holly Dean on November 10, 2014 at 3:58 pm

not seeing a link or an actual saw listed in the tutorial….. can someone help me out?

10. Becca @ Live Simple Natural on November 27, 2012 at 4:49 pm

Wow, this is SO pretty! I love it!!

I used the free printable numbers to make a simple advent calendar and linked to your site so others can enjoy them too. Thanks!

11. Crystal on November 26, 2012 at 8:13 pm

LOVE this!! Making it as soon as I can get to Lowes:o) Found it through Pinterest! Thanks for sharing!!

12. Rebekah Mae Saffert on November 25, 2012 at 9:17 pm

So yeah… Planning my next trip to the lumberyard! EEK I LOVE YOUR PROJECTS!

13. Sharon Mobley on November 22, 2012 at 7:06 pm

Love this! I might make one to hold Christmas Cars to display them!

14. Kellie Smith on November 22, 2012 at 8:42 am

OMGOSH!!!!!!!!! What a WONDERFUL project!! Thank you so much for sharing! You never cease to amaze me with your ideas and talent!

15. Alisha P on November 22, 2012 at 7:37 am

Oh that is SUPER cute!! There’s not much that you make that I don’t find cute though haha! 😉 Thanks for the adorable idea, and have a great Thanksgiving!

16. Ira Morse on November 22, 2012 at 1:44 am

What a great ideas for craft in Christmas! This is the best way to count down until Christmas.

17. Janet on November 21, 2012 at 1:28 pm

What a great idea! I can imagine the anticipation that would build in my kids over the month, so anxious to know what is in each little sack. Thanks for sharing. 🙂

• julie on September 19, 2013 at 8:02 pm

what is in each little sack?

18. Virginia Fynes on November 21, 2012 at 12:36 pm

LOVE it! Pinned it! Will make it!

19. Jeanne W. on November 21, 2012 at 11:16 am

I LOVE this!! Loveitloveitloveit. I think of of it as an advent Christmas Tree. The shape and the top decoration. Definitely. It’s on the list to make.

20. Jill Rueb Lukins on November 21, 2012 at 11:10 am

This is awesome!! As always, thanks for the idea! I will definitely be making one 🙂