DIY Gifts – Easy & Cheap Last Minute Gifts!

Happy Friday!!

I know many of you will be spending the weekend getting things finished up for Christmas!.  I wanted to give you guys 3 quick and easy projects that make awesome gifts for friends or family!

Each of these can be done in no time and with very little dough… My kind of gifts!  All 3 range from $5 – $15!

So… Here we go!

$5 Gift Idea

IMG_0005

diy photo display wood

Now just clip on your photos or a gift tag!  I used these super cute clips I found in the scrapbook section at Hobby Lobby!

photo gift

And a few more pictures…

diy photo block

photo display diy

Now moving on…

$10 gift idea

how to make a bulletin board

push pins diy

diy push pins

Of course I had to use one of Ashley’s super cute FREE printable tags for this one!

diy bulletin board

bulletin board diy

And finally…..

$15 gift idea

The work is already done for you on these babies!

Hobby Lobby sells these great tin tiles over in the wall decor section.  They are half off this week, so they are $9 a piece.  The best part… They are magnetic! Fun!  You can paint them if you want, but I love the look of this one just like it is.

I did make some fun magnets to adorn it though!

button magnets diy

diy magnets

magnet board tutorial

diy button magnets

So… There you have it!

3 gifts you can finish in NO time at all!

These are great for friends, family, and even surprise gift exchanges!

I hope you all have a very fun and blessed weekend!  We are so thankful for your support and your sweet comments.  We hope you have a very Merry Christmas!

1. Danette Cahill Prescott on December 16, 2014 at 11:48 am

How did you make the flowers

2. LuAnn on December 24, 2012 at 7:18 am

Great ideas! I can’t wait to make all of them. I just started following you blog and I love it. Thanks for all the great ideas.

3. Christina Brashears on December 23, 2012 at 8:24 pm

I love the ideas! Do you have any suggestions on a back so they can stand on their own instead of leaning on something or hanging them? Just wondering, knowing you will come up with a clever idea. ;0)

• Andi Lamond Hogan on November 27, 2013 at 9:46 pm

I was wondering this as well. Any ideas?

4. Katheryn Thames on December 22, 2012 at 12:48 pm

@facebook-12409165:disqus I use Fiskars wire cutters to cut the shanks off of my buttons. They don’t take up a lot of space and work wonderfully!

5. Fotini Roman on December 22, 2012 at 9:43 am

Wonderful, creative ideas ladies, love them all! I adore the pushpins on the buttons, I’ll def. be trying this 😉

6. Pamela on December 22, 2012 at 1:59 am

Such great ideas for anytime of the year. Thank you!

7. Tammie Heimbruch Schmidt on December 21, 2012 at 10:56 pm

You guys have the best ideas!! Putting this in my file for birthday gifts in 2013!! Thank you and Merry Christmas to you!!

8. Ashley Beathard Winebrenner on December 21, 2012 at 10:48 am

How do you recommend cutting the shanks off plastic buttons? I have several buttons I want to use for magnets but I dont know how to get the shanks off

• Lisa M Beck on December 22, 2012 at 8:19 am

The tutorial mentions using a pliers. You would grab and twist it or break it off using a pliers or wire cutter. You could smooth it off with a file or sandpaper if it doesn’t come off cleanly. I actually bought a special pliers at Joann Fabrics that is FOR cutting the shanks off the buttons. They usually stock it in the button area near the craft and ornamental buttons. Google “button shank remover” http://www.joann.com/favorite-findings-button-shank-remover/prd17142/

9. Shanty2Chic on December 21, 2012 at 10:14 am

Thank you Katie!! I appreciate it! Merry Christmas to you guys! 😉

10. Katie Jasiewicz on December 21, 2012 at 9:15 am

Oh I love all three of these ideas!!! SHaring this on our facebook fan page!