DIY Pinecone Ornaments & My Tree

Happy Saturday!

Welcome to Day 8 of the 12 Days of Christmas Event!

Today I will be sharing my super easy, and almost FREE pinecone ornaments!  Here is how they look all finished!

These took me just a few minutes a piece.  I love the mix of them with my glass ornaments… Perfect ‘rustic chic’ look in my opinion!

So… Here we go!

Yah… How easy was that??

Here are a few more pics, and a few of my whole tree!

Thanks so much for stopping by!

We have teamed up with some fabulous bloggers to bring you this 12 Days Of Christmas! Make sure to check them all out, and be looking for today’s great giveaway!

A little bit more about the Shanty Sisters…

We are 2 sisters sharing how we transform our homes on a budget! With 8 kiddos between the two of us, we put every naptime to good use ;-) !

From building projects like this Pedestal Dining Table for $125

and this $65 farmhouse table

To transforming things like this $15 mirror made from a Walmart mirror

And even offering free printables like our latest free alphabet banner!

You can also follow us on Facebook!

And keep up with all of our posts by following us on Pinterest!

Thanks so much again for stopping by today!

I would LOVE for you to share these ornaments and PIN them below!!

1. Kathleen Walden on December 15, 2015 at 10:45 pm

That is an awesome tip. Thanks!

2. Dawn Marie Peer on November 6, 2014 at 1:51 pm

Hi! I love what you did with your Christmas tree! I want to know where did you find those cute chalkboards ornaments?

3. The-How-to-Guru.com on November 7, 2013 at 8:03 am

So very cute and something I definitely will try for the holidays this year. Thank you!
    blessings,
    Shan
    The How to Guru

4. Cheryl Day Lansdale on December 11, 2012 at 12:34 pm

BEAUTIFUL !!!! love the tree, look ! Great job

5. MomHomeGuide on December 11, 2012 at 9:44 am

Love the ornaments! I also love the cute brown paper banner on your tree — very adorable!

6. Debi Zee on December 11, 2012 at 12:22 am

What a wonderful tree! Almost makes me want to put one up this year.

7. Suzanne on December 10, 2012 at 1:22 pm

I’m so proud! I actually made these! I had scented pine cones and DH was missing the real tree scent around the house. Whipped up some of these and now the are gracing our living room tree! Thanks for sharing your awesome, easy tutorial.

8. Angela Wisniewski on December 9, 2012 at 5:39 pm

I really like your tree skirt. Can you tell me if you made it or purchased it? If it was purchased..can you please share fro where? Thanks!

9. Marianne Songbird on December 9, 2012 at 2:00 am

The addition of the bead and the ribbon makes this project totally work for me! Love the natural touches to your beautiful tree.

• Shanty2Chic on December 10, 2012 at 6:25 am

Thank you Marianne! You are sweet 😉

10. Nina Hibbler Webster on December 8, 2012 at 11:55 pm

Gorgeous tree! Love the ribbon!

• Shanty2Chic on December 10, 2012 at 6:27 am

Thank you Nina!! I love it too 😉

11. Michael Wurm on December 8, 2012 at 5:06 pm

Cute as always!! The bead to thread the string to hang the ornament is sheer genius! Wow! Genius!

12. FunkyJunk Donna on December 8, 2012 at 2:09 pm

Oh goodness… this is one of those ‘slap myself upside the head why didn’t I think of that’ moments. Genius! I was wondering how to hang them and didn’t want to over fiddle, ya know? LOVE this! Your tree is stunning!

• Shanty2Chic on December 10, 2012 at 6:26 am

Haha! I have lots of those moments ;-)) Thanks so much!

13. Liz on December 8, 2012 at 11:03 am

Love what you did with the beads and ribbon. Love even more the garland — where did you get it?

• Shanty2Chic on December 10, 2012 at 6:28 am

The paper ribbon was a find I made in Granbury, TX in a small decorating store. I can’t find it to share online at all 🙁 But… You can easily make your own using cheap brown shipping paper!

14. Sandi Allen on December 8, 2012 at 10:59 am

Love this idea for the Pine cones! Thanks for sharing!!

15. LeJean on December 8, 2012 at 9:37 am

Do you carry the ribbon you have on your tree, would love some for my tree. I love your sight and now joining you on Pinterest! Will make some of the pinecone/s as well!

• Shanty2Chic on December 10, 2012 at 6:27 am

16. Kayla McCune Cheadle on December 8, 2012 at 9:02 am

I love the Joy to the World ribbon!! Did you make that yourself? The ornaments are really cute. I have a tree out my back door with pinecone’s calling my name!

• Shanty2Chic on December 8, 2012 at 9:16 am

Thanks Kayla! I actually found that stuff super cheap at a decorating store! You can easily make one yourself using brown mailing paper from the store! Just more work…

17. Thistle Wood on December 8, 2012 at 8:45 am

The simplest ideas are always the best! I have never thought of gluing a bead to a pinecone! Brilliant!

Have a blessed and wonderful day,
    karianne

18. JuneA** on December 8, 2012 at 8:41 am

You better be careful about ‘borrowing’ your pinecones….when your neighbor sees what you have done to them, she might want them back!!!! ;D Terrifically cute!

• Shanty2Chic on December 8, 2012 at 9:17 am

Haha! Thanks June! This made me laugh ;-))