Kitchen Organization – DIY Foil & More Organizer!

Happy 2013 guys!!  Now that the holidays are behind us, I am in full blown organization mode!  In my efforts to clear up more precious kitchen drawer space, I came up with this baby…

organized pantry

It’s an organizer for my foil, wax paper, plastic baggies and more!  I sort of LOVE it! This took me about 10 minutes to build and cost under $10…Woohoo!

So… Here we go!

Untitled-1

IMG_0006

If you don’t have scrap 1×4″ plywood, you can buy a 2’x2′ piece at the hardware store for under $5!

rust-oleum heirloom white

To hang this to the door, I used the same hardware I used on my pantry door spice rack…

door-anchors

These are hollow core door anchors.  Many of you probably have a hollow core door as well.  All you do is screw the anchor straight into the door first.  I put one on each side.  It looks like the photo below.

hollow-door-anchor-500x333

Now just use the other screw and go straight through the back of the organizer you just made and directly into the anchor.  You will see the screw from the front of the organizer, but you will cover that up with your foil and baggies!

Your final step???

Load that baby up!  My favorite part is that I can face my baggies forward and just pull them out one at a time without having to pull the box out!  When you are a mommy, it’s the little things like this that make you smile 🙂  Agreed ladies??

Here are a few more pics!

pantry organization

pantry door organizer

organized pantry

I hope you love it as much as I do!!

For those of you that may have missed my other pantry posts, you can see them below!

Organize-your-canned-food

spice-rack-for-pantry-door

chalkboard-labels-for-the-pantry

I would love for you to share and pin this below!  Thanks so much for stopping by, and let me know if you have any questions!

1. Melissa on February 16, 2016 at 11:39 am

This is my very first diy project and definitely my first wood diy project. Excuse any wrong terminology. Cut all wood for both projects all by myself today! Any who, I am making this and the spice rack. After cutting all wood I did all pocket holes but I noticed you didn’t use pocket holes for foil rack like you did for spice rack. Is there a reason? Can I? If so, would I use pocket holes only on bottom shelf or to attach front pieces (21″ long pieces) as well?

2. mmoya1 on August 18, 2015 at 10:52 am

I love this!!! You have great ideas!!! One question, where do you get the wire baskets to store paper plates? Did you use two?

3. barb schreiber on August 12, 2015 at 5:40 pm

The shelves on the door is the best idea ever. The ones you buy are so flimsy. I think I may be able to make this myself. Woohoo!! I’m a happy girl. Thanks!

4. Ginny Borik on March 30, 2013 at 10:35 pm

Where did you get the plastic containers that you seem to use for just about everything in the pantry? And how much did they cost? Looks like a small fortune to me.

5. Lorna on February 7, 2013 at 12:20 am

Finished it! Phew! You make it look so easy! We love it though. Thank you for the plans!! It really does save us tons of space in our small kitchen! My husband used a router to create grooves in the boards and then we inserted plexi-glass instead of dowels. Looks and works great! Check out our pictures! http://luckysneakers.wordpress.com/2013/02/06/new-storage-solutions/

6. denise on January 31, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Did you use all 4 screws that come in the pack to secure either peice? I already made the foil holder and in the process of making the spice rack… just thinking ahead on how I will hang them if all screws are necessary

7. Trixie J Ferguson on January 30, 2013 at 2:54 pm

Where are the pictures? I’d love to try this but I’m kind of a visual learner and all the photos are gone. 🙁

• Shanty2Chic on January 30, 2013 at 3:38 pm

We are in the middle of a site revamp today. We are getting all the kinks worked out now, mainly the photo issue. We hope to have them all back up today! Thanks for being patient with us!!

8. Kelly on January 30, 2013 at 6:47 am

I just pinned this, awesome idea! For some reason the images aren’t showing up on this page for me though.

9. Denise on January 9, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Wow!!! I love your spacious organized pantry!!! 🙂

10. Kelly Elko on January 7, 2013 at 6:51 pm

Great idea – I’m all for more counter space!

11. kalan on January 7, 2013 at 12:18 pm

love your ideas, thanks for sharing. youre a real wizard!!!!!

12. Danielle Comer on January 7, 2013 at 10:15 am

Hi! I love this and plan on adding it to my husband’s “To Build” list 🙂 we, however, live in a house built in 1955 so we do not have hollow doors. We just have a solid, yet thin door for the “pantry” cabinet (like a normal cabinet door). What would you suggest we use to hang it from our door?

13. teresa on January 3, 2013 at 12:48 pm

How did you attach it to the door? Our doors are hollow so I’m not sure if it would hold.

• Shanty2Chic on January 4, 2013 at 6:37 am

Ours are too! Sorry I forgot that step… I updated it in the post!

• barb schreiber on August 12, 2015 at 5:41 pm

She explained how to do it as she had hollow doors. We can do this!

14. Heather Watrous Shows on January 3, 2013 at 12:45 pm

I am also curious to know how you attached this to your pantry door? This is definitely a great storage idea! Thank you! I have such a small kitchen this is perfect to make another drawer available for me!

• Shanty2Chic on January 4, 2013 at 6:38 am

I updated the post! Sorry about that! Good luck 🙂

15. Stacy on January 3, 2013 at 6:47 am

I LOVE it!! I’m planning on making that and the spice rack! 🙂

16. Sharon Mobley on January 3, 2013 at 6:08 am

Amazing Pantry! I love all your storage. We plan pull out a built in desk in our Mobile home kitchen and build a pantry some time this year. And will use some of your ideas. Thanks for the great post.

• Shanty2Chic on January 4, 2013 at 6:38 am

Sounds like lots of fun and projects in your future! Good luck!

17. Rose on January 3, 2013 at 5:32 am

Looks awesome wish I had a door or pantry to use application.

• Shanty2Chic on January 4, 2013 at 6:39 am

You can also use a wall Rose 🙂

• Karen Conatser on January 4, 2013 at 7:26 pm

and maybe a tension rod with a curtain to hide when not in use

18. reviewsandrandomnessbyjennifer on January 3, 2013 at 12:31 am

How did you attach it to the door?

• Renee on January 3, 2013 at 1:36 am

Yes, I would like to see that step too! This is def going on my project list! I could free up a whole shelf! lol!

• Shanty2Chic on January 4, 2013 at 6:39 am

Updated the post… Sorry I forgot that step the first time! 🙂

• Shanty2Chic on January 4, 2013 at 6:40 am

Updated the post… Sorry I forgot that step the first time!

19. Mindy Northrop on January 2, 2013 at 11:25 pm

Now all I need is a pantry door to attach it to. 🙂

• Shanty2Chic on January 4, 2013 at 6:40 am

True! You can also use a wall if you have a free one hiding somewhere 🙂

20. Mindi Carwin on January 2, 2013 at 10:49 pm

This is great! I love all your organization tips! Thanks!