Glass Bottle Wall Vase

Happy Monday!  I hope you all had a fun weekend!  I spent mine working on a new piece of furniture (coming Wednesday) and making these cute little wall vases for my living room!  Here is how they turned out…

Wall Vase from a bottle

Wall behind couch

These are SO EASY and cheap to make!

Let’s get started!

You will need a 2x8x8 pine board.  One board is $7 and will make 6 of these vases.

For each vase you will cut a piece of wood 16″.

Wood for Wall Vase

I decided to use my vaseline distress painting method to finish mine.  You can check out the full tutorial HERE!

My first step was staining my boards with one of my favorite stains…

Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain in Dark Walnut

Stained wood boards

This stuff dries in an hour and it only requires one coat… Woohoo!

Once that was dry I rubbed some Vaseline on the corners and a few other spots and then gave each board 1 coat of Rust-Oleum Painter’s Touch spray paint in Heirloom White.

After letting that dry, I used my very favorite sander to distress the paint.  You can use a hand sanding block, but this bad boy is so much easier!  You will love it!

Ryobi Corner Cat Sander

Ryobi Corner Cat Finish Sander

Next I added my hardware!  I found these at Lowe’s in the lumber section.

Hardware for Bottle Vase

hardware-at-Lowes

I also used some Target brand coffee bottles to hold my flowers.  You can also use Starbuck’s brand, but I like how these are round.

glass-coffee-bottles-500x333

I just used wood screws to attach it to my board like this!

DIY Bottle Wall Vase 5

That’s it!  I told you it was easy!!

I filled mine with some stems I found at Target that I LOVE.  Michael’s has pretty ones like this too, but you can usually only find them in the fall.

I used some sawtooth hangers to hang mine on each side of my LOVE sign and I was done!

What do you think??

DIY Bottle Wall Vase

Wall Sconce DIY 2

Wall Vase DIY

DIY Wall Sconce

DIY Wall Sconce with Bottle

Bottle Wall Vase DIY

Now the fun part!  Let’s talk cost…

When you break it down, you can make these cuties for under $5 a piece!  Now that is my kind of DIY!

Thanks so much for stopping by!  I would LOVE for you to SHARE and PIN this post below!

Let me know if you have any questions at all!

1. Shayna Yancey on May 5, 2014 at 1:48 pm

LOVE these!! I have been wanting to do something similar in my breakfast nook & this is a great tutorial! Thanks for sharing!!

2. Alison Romeo on March 28, 2014 at 12:53 pm

love this tutorial! how do you hang it on the wall though?

3. Jill Marr Griffin on November 24, 2013 at 3:41 pm

Thanks for great ideas

4. candice on August 21, 2013 at 5:01 pm

what are you using to hang them with?

candice

• candice on August 23, 2013 at 5:36 pm

Just kidding I saw that you used sawtooth hangers.

5. Leah w on August 19, 2013 at 1:54 pm

Any reccomendations for places to find bottles similar to yours in Canada? We recently got target up here, but not the ready made coffee, so I’ve been searching everywhere for something to use!

• Ashley Mercier on March 26, 2014 at 1:12 pm

I got mine at micheals

6. nia ray on July 15, 2013 at 10:40 am

My version of the Love sign. Thanks for this idea! I love it!

7. Rachel Corrine Davis on May 26, 2013 at 9:52 am

Just made my own version of these yesterday! I did a little less distressing and use a slightly thinner version of the pipe ties, but I absolutely adore the way these turned out. Thanks for the post!

• Brittany McLean on August 23, 2013 at 7:32 am

love the way yours turned out! I can’t seem to find the pipe rail ties to save my life without ordering them online. It looks like you used something different. What size are those medal pieces of hardware you used to attach the bottle and are they the target bottles? Thanks so much!

• Ashley Mercier on March 26, 2014 at 1:10 pm

I found them at lowes. The item numer is 40026. And they are 2-3/8 TZ pipe rail ties

• Rachel Corrine Davis on April 30, 2014 at 5:09 pm

So sorry, I just saw this! Yes, I found mine at Lowes as well (or was it Home Depot?) but it was the only option they had and I ended up having to bend the ties a bit to force them to fit around the bottles. I think I actually used the Starbucks coffee bottles instead of the Target brand. The canvas is from Kirklands (which I already had) and I got the flowers at Michael’s to match the canvas 🙂

• Lori Tinjum Johansen on May 26, 2015 at 4:41 pm

Lowe’s carries them for sure.

• Racine Puchstein on April 30, 2014 at 4:53 pm

OMG this is so pretty!! Where did you find the picture at?

• Rachel Corrine Davis on April 30, 2014 at 5:12 pm

• Yvonny James on November 29, 2015 at 4:20 pm

may i ask where you got your pipe ties?

8. antonella on May 22, 2013 at 3:48 pm

I love it ! but I have one question, in the brown boards , you just put the Rust-Oleum Ultimate Wood Stain in Dark Walnut ? or you put something else? …sorry for my bad english :/

9. Carla McGrath on April 27, 2013 at 8:47 am

what a neat idea and so adorable

10. Kit BiteMeMore on April 18, 2013 at 11:39 pm

Up-cycled brilliance! – a greeting from the sisters at http://www.bitememore.com/ (only we added an honorary sister Jane!)

11. Shauna on April 15, 2013 at 9:40 am

I love these and will be making them this weekend. I used your sign tutorial and made my own version with a large Organic Bloom knock off frame in the middle instead of “LOVE”… It took much debating because i LOVE your LOVE sign ;)! I was wondering if the Minwax Dark Walnut is pretty comparable to the Rustoleum Dark Walnut color? I am about to stain my Tryde table top using minwax because they were out of Rustoleum. Thoughts?

12. Michele on April 9, 2013 at 2:08 pm

How do you keep the bottle from falling out the bottom?

• Shanty2Chic on April 9, 2013 at 2:30 pm

It holds it tight enough for me. If you are worried you can add some epoxy or super glue on the glass though. Hope this helps!

• Michele on April 9, 2013 at 4:40 pm

Thanks!

13. Andrea Velasquez on April 9, 2013 at 3:09 am

Those are adorable.. I really love the idea of hanging the glass on the wall and placing orchids on it, it’s very unique and a very nice idea for wall decor. Very easy and not expensive too. -http://www.imaging-sciences.com/

14. Bethany Canosa on April 8, 2013 at 6:13 pm

I love this project! I actually made my own version of this a couple months ago using some of your older projects! Thanks for all the good ideas!

• Shanty2Chic on April 9, 2013 at 5:03 am

Oh yeah! My wine bottle vases… I love them!! And the sign looks perfect too! Thanks for sharing!! 🙂

• nia ray on July 15, 2013 at 10:42 am

♥ were u decided to put your ♥ word…cool

15. Jessica Wolfe on April 8, 2013 at 11:40 am

Those are so cute! I love that these hang on the wall because I can’t leave much sitting around on coffee tables due to my 4 year old. They look great along side of your LOVE sign….which is one of my favorite pieces you have done! Just BEAUTIFUL!!!!

• Shanty2Chic on April 9, 2013 at 5:04 am

I hear you! I have one of those 😉 Thanks so much for your sweet message!

16. tjguitar40 on April 8, 2013 at 10:22 am

Oh, those are great! I have about 8 or 9 vintage milk bottles that my daughter brought me from Maine. What a great way to display and use them!

17. Laura Strack on April 8, 2013 at 9:33 am

Whitney, you’ve outdone yourself, again! Love these wall vases and no need to mess with adding water to the plant. Easy to make and easy to maintain 🙂 Love it!! TFS!!

• Shanty2Chic on April 9, 2013 at 5:04 am

Aww thank you Laura!! Yes… I am an artificial kind of gal… Just easier 🙂

18. Emilou Ely on April 8, 2013 at 9:08 am

Super easy and sure adds some punch! Thanks for sharing.

19. Krystal Meadows Oestreich on April 8, 2013 at 9:05 am

Would it be weird to ask where your pillows came from because I am in love with them. lol
    I love the project as well!

• Shanty2Chic on April 9, 2013 at 5:05 am