How to use a Kreg Jig – Video Tutorial

18K Shares

Hey there!  We are back with our second How-To video in our tools series!  If you missed our first video, How to use a Miter Saw, you can click HERE!

Check the video out below and learn how the we use a Kreg Jig! You can find our favorite model of Kreg Jig HERE on Amazon!

We hope you enjoyed our video and learned some awesome tips on the Kreg Jig!  If you have any questions for us, you can ask us on our Facebook page or in the comments below!

Stay tuned for our 3rd video 🙂

~Ashley and Whitney

18K Shares

1. Laura on April 19, 2018 at 3:25 am

Which Kreg Jig is the best for multiple projects?

2. Carrot on February 5, 2018 at 8:33 am

What do you fill the holes with?

3. Charles Estes on June 15, 2017 at 11:10 am

Hi! I always use my kreg to join boards together, I clamp them all up with glue and then screw them together. Sometimes I’m looking for a seemless joint other times just hold the boards together but do you guys use glue, what about clamps? And a lot of times the boards end up warping maybe because of the clamps. I would love some tips! Thanks

4. Shakhar on April 19, 2016 at 9:53 am

I just bought the Kreg Jig Junior and I’m sitting here trying to figure out how to do the measurements on your Hanging Basket Wood Stand. Wish me luck!

5. Tara Blockley on January 4, 2014 at 12:00 pm

Which Kreg Jig is the best to get? Is it the link for Amazon under your Favorite Tools tab for $99? I’ve seem some for $139 and didn’t know the difference.

6. julie on December 6, 2013 at 5:56 pm

These are great tutorials, although I wish you had gone into more detail while building the hall tree :). I’m a very new with anything having to do with power tools so I’m a little shy about it all and appreciate seeing things being done, it’s easier to learn than reading… 🙂 So thanks!

7. beja on August 15, 2013 at 11:56 pm

I have been totally waiting on this video. I did use one once for a giant frame for the Keystone Church Women’s Retreat, but I def needed your instruction. I just got a little nest egg I might be able to use toward a jig. WOOHOO! So THANKS for your video!

8. Jamie Scholting on June 26, 2013 at 12:59 am

do you fill in the pocket holes with wood filler or pocket hole plugs? thanks

9. Sheila Wilson on June 19, 2013 at 7:43 am

Love my jig – made their workbench as my first project after I saw it on your site. Def worth it to go for it and get the $100 version. My big question is: will the two settings always be the same? ie if you select 1.5″ on the part where you drill, would the setting for the bit be 1.5″ as well?

• Shanty2Chic on June 19, 2013 at 7:44 am

Yes! It’s always the thickness of the wood for each setting:)

10. jamieroubinek on June 18, 2013 at 11:47 am

I love using my Kreg Jig!! BUT, people are always asking me the same question, “WTH is a Kreg Jig?” 🙂 Now I can direct them to your video! Great job girls!

11. gale on June 18, 2013 at 11:29 am

I have the $40 kreg jig on my amazon wish list but I’m worried that it won’t be as easy as this one. Is it worth the extra for the $100 version? Thanks for this video. It really cleared up how the kreg jig works!

• Shanty2Chic on June 18, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Hi Gale! I would most definitely make the upgrade purchase. It will save you time and effort in the long run. And, it will pay for itself with the first piece of furniture!

12. Elise on June 18, 2013 at 7:43 am

I bought the Harbor Freight version but I want THIS one!

13. Mary K Ware on June 17, 2013 at 2:24 pm

My husband purchased a Kreg Jig for me about a month ago and…I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!!! I’ve made a kitchen island (my very first woodworking project), a work bench and the “$10 shelf” using the jig and I don’t think my projects would have turned out without it. Thanks so much for the video…and your blog…LOVE BOTH!!!!
    Mary K

• Shanty2Chic on June 18, 2013 at 2:11 pm

Thank you Mary!!! I totally agree, our furniture is soooo much stronger thanks to our Kreg Jigs! Proud of you! Keep it up:)

• Jane Metzger on June 20, 2013 at 1:20 pm

Can you post a picture of your island. I need to build a new one and am looking for ideas.

• Mary K Ware on June 24, 2013 at 9:29 am

First, we are installing new counters, farmhouse sink, backsplash, flooring, etc., and our kitchen is a HUGE mess…please don’t look beyond the island (pinky promise?) The island is not that special (other than being built by me…smile), it will eventually have a shelf underneath (big ole stained vs painted quandary @ the moment).

14. kelly thompson on June 17, 2013 at 1:58 pm

helpful- thanks a bunch!!!!

15. Erin Martinez on June 17, 2013 at 1:29 pm

I just invested in the Kreg jig! Prefect timing!

16. Lorinda Davis on June 17, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Oh my goodness- thank you so much for this video! My husband got me a Kreg jig for Christmas, and I haven’t even used it yet! Thanks for the tips and inspiration. I will definitely be making a frame for my mirrors soon- a perfect first project!

• Shanty2Chic on June 18, 2013 at 2:13 pm

Wahoo Lorinda! Good luck and please share your finished pics of the mirror when you are done:)