Curtains – NO SEW Baby!

Hey guys!

I have a fun and super easy way to get expensive looking curtains and panels without having to drag out your sewing machine.  I just made these for my little girl’s room and I LOVE them!

No Sew Curtains

First, let’s talk fabric!

I found the most amazing online fabric store!  Not only are their prices the best, they have an awesome selection!  I am an immediate gratification kind of gal, so when the shipping was fast, I was sold!  It’s called OnlineFabricStore.net !

Screen Shot 2013-07-12 at 10.10.06 AM

Totally LOVE this store!  Remember the cute magnet board I made for her room??

DIY Magnetic Board

Yup!  I got that cute chevron fabric from OnlineFabricStore.net as well!  You can find it HERE!

I found this great fabric for her window panels!

Curtains No Sew

These panels are a great way to get custom drapes that only require about a yard of fabric!  That allows you to splurge a bit more on the price of fabric since you only need 1 yard instead of 6… Woohoo!

I started with this drop cloth from Lowe’s!

Lowe's Drop Cloth

I always start by cutting this drop cloth in half.  That gives you two panels, both with 3 already finished sides… Woohoo!

Step2

1. Evelyn on October 2, 2015 at 12:57 am

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!!!!! I just saw your show tonight for the first time and you totally inspired me. Then I find this on Pinterest tonight and I feel it is meant to be! I love you guys….come help me. 🙂

2. Evelyn Roberts on August 16, 2015 at 9:11 pm

Seriously, what’s with the grammar police and impatience patrol on here???#@$%^&* You are doing a fabulous job, it’s your page, your creativity and you gift to US. I just want to say thank you for the great ideas, and please rock on with your creativity, your great style, and as many !!!!!’s as suits you 😉

3. Tamesha Alexander on June 18, 2014 at 9:28 am

I’m going to do this!!!

4. Taryn Sandulyak on February 15, 2014 at 2:32 pm

Hi! Is that just a cotton fabric that you used for the bottom or did you use one of the heavier decor fabrics?

5. Lily on July 25, 2013 at 8:08 am

This is a great post and definitely a diy I can actually do. But the exclamation points after every.single.sentence is a bit much.

• Shanty2Chic on July 25, 2013 at 8:17 am

Wow! One of the nicest comments I have ever received! So awesome that you took the time out of your day to be so friendly! Hope you have a happy day!! Clearly you are off to a great start!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-))!!!!

6. Sara on July 18, 2013 at 5:39 pm

How much of the tape did you need for both panels?

7. Bethany Bennett on July 18, 2013 at 12:01 pm

What is the name of the curtain fabric?

8. Amanda Cornelius on July 15, 2013 at 12:34 pm

What’s the name of the fabric you used for this?

9. Lacey Dellinger on July 15, 2013 at 6:04 am

Love the drop cloth idea – so simple and neutral!

10. Kendra Taylor Krezanosky on July 13, 2013 at 6:40 pm

LOVE these! And love the room color! What color do you have on the walls?

11. Ashlee Workman on July 13, 2013 at 1:43 pm

Do these block light well?

12. Laura Strack on July 13, 2013 at 10:04 am

Thanks for getting the pop ups removed. I have made curtains just like this for my dining room. I had purchased pre-made drapes but they needed another 30 ” to reach the floor. I purchased coordinating fabric and used this same method to attach my fabric. So very easy.That was 4 years ago and I still love them. They are holding up perfectly. So if anyone is concerned about the durability, fear not. Stitch-Wtichery works great! Thanks for sharing the tutorial. Your daughter’s curtains are precious.

13. astrollthrulife on July 12, 2013 at 2:23 pm

Oh they look amazing. I love them. Hugs, Marty

• Shanty2Chic on July 13, 2013 at 5:40 am

Thank you Marty!! 🙂 Your comments are always to sweet!

14. Linda Crandall on July 12, 2013 at 2:12 pm

I am making drapes from these for my mom. She is loving the ones I completed already. Thanks for the great suggestions and savings.

• Shanty2Chic on July 13, 2013 at 5:41 am

Yeah! You bet! Send pics if you get them done!

15. Jan on July 12, 2013 at 1:32 pm

What would you suggest for new windows with transoms???

16. Laurie Olsen on July 12, 2013 at 12:38 pm

I’m curious why you chose a drop cloth for curtains….ingenious idea! I don’t have a sewing machine but figure I could manage to do that for a change of scenery in my living room Thanks for the great tip!

17. CityGirlCountryBloke on July 12, 2013 at 12:31 pm

This is pretty much awesome! I DO NOT sew and I have been needing some drapes in a few rooms so you have just solved my problems. I think I’ll try out this curtain trick this weekend! Thanks!

• Shanty2Chic on July 12, 2013 at 12:31 pm

Yeah!! Happy to inspire… It really is so simple! Good luck and send pics if you get them done!!

18. Guest on July 12, 2013 at 12:26 pm

This is pretty much awesome. I DO NOT sew but I think I could handle this. Love the post and I might be attempting this little curtain trick this weekend!

• Shanty2Chic on July 12, 2013 at 12:31 pm

19. Jennifer on July 12, 2013 at 12:07 pm

All the pop ups and ads make your site very slow to load. I understand wanting to make money, but the slowness and pop ups are incredibly annoying and have me clicking on your site less and less.

• Shanty2Chic on July 12, 2013 at 12:11 pm

Thanks for the heads up Jennifer! We are getting that one pop up removed! We appreciate you 🙂 Have a happy Friday!

20. Julie on July 12, 2013 at 11:51 am

So excited to do this! I’m a “no sew” kind of gal!

21. Carolyn Stockdale Dorr on July 12, 2013 at 11:44 am

How did you do the hooks at top to hang on the rod…

• Shanty2Chic on July 12, 2013 at 12:12 pm

Added that to the post… Sorry! Forgot that big detail! 😉

• Carolyn Stockdale Dorr on July 12, 2013 at 12:21 pm

Awesome! Now I love it even more… I have awful curtains in my spare bedroom… this motivates me to do something cool… thanks! 🙂

• Shanty2Chic on July 12, 2013 at 12:32 pm

Good! Send pics if you get them done! 🙂

• Carolyn Stockdale Dorr on July 12, 2013 at 1:27 pm

I will – hoping that I win the $100 for free fabric… then it would make the curtains even more amahhhzzzing… lol Thanks for the idea.

22. Linda Crandall on July 12, 2013 at 11:31 am

Love these drapes! I am going to give this a try.

• Shanty2Chic on July 12, 2013 at 12:12 pm