Christmas Tree Reveal

Hey guys!!  I’m back to share my Christmas Tree reveal for the Michael’s Christmas Tree Challenge!

how-to-decorate-a-treeI have to admit, Halloween was a little crazy with a Christmas Tree up but, it’s my favorite holiday to decorate for and it got my tail in gear quick 🙂

Almost every piece (including the tree) is from Michael’s!  Here’s a closer look at the cuties I purchased to fill this tree up!

pine-cone-garlandI’m totally in love with this pinecone garland!  It has a mix of dried leaves, pinecones and twigs with a touch of gold glitter.  I bought 4 of them for my 7 ft. tree.  I wrapped them around the tree to start!

pine-cone-stemsI also found these cute pinecone stems.  They were pretty big so I cut the branches off and made 3 stems out of each one.  I just randomly placed them in the tree.  They also have a bit of gold glitter 🙂  I found them with all of the stems.

poinsettia-stemI bought 12 of these little cuties and at .99 a pop they were such a great steal!

gold-star-ornamentI love these little gold stars.  I found them with the ornaments and they add variety to the shape of the ornaments that I chose!
gold-stemI also found these little gold ball stems in the stem section.  They were inexpensive and I also cut them into two separate stems.  I like the different gold tone they have.

gold-floral-stemAnother stem find!  Love these sparkly floral stems.  These were huge so I cut them into 2 stems and placed them randomly in the tree.
medium-twig-ballI bought 12 medium twig balls and hung them on the tree with little silver hooks 🙂

large-twig-ballAnd a few large twig balls for variety!

Christmas-Tree-TopperMy favorite final touch is the burlap garland (I purchased 3 rolls).  I used 2 rolls for garland and 1 roll to make the bow topper.  I also LOVE the stems on the top of the tree!!  I bought 3 stems (the look like branches) and I made 3 stems from each large stem.  I just stuck them through the top of the tree!

Christmas-Tree-Decor

how-to-decorate-a-treeI’m LOVING my tree this year and it was so easy to decorate with all of the goodies I found at Michael’s!  I love the mix of gold, silver and natural pieces!

I hope you love it too and all of your shares are always appreciated 🙂

Thanks so much for stopping by!

~Ashley

1. Christina on December 7, 2014 at 8:12 pm

I love your tree! Perfect balance of nature and sparkle! Please tell me where you bought your hall tree (I think that’s what they’re called) that you hung the stockings on? I’m obsessed… 🙂 Thanks!

2. Mary on November 14, 2013 at 9:51 am

Thank you so much for posting pictures and details about your tree. I opened my email from you and instantly fell in love with it ! We have had the same tree and trimmings for 10 years – and this is the year for CHANGE ! I had some time to kill during my son’s hockey practice last night, so I sprang into action. I called and found the tree collar at a Crate and Barrel in my area, paid for it and they are holding it for me and then went to Michael’s and found almost everything. I might break tradition and put it up our new rustic glam tree BEFORE Thanksgiving. 😉

• Shanty2Chic on November 14, 2013 at 9:58 am

I love this story Mary:))). I’m so happy that my tree inspired you! Please send us pictures once you have it up;)

3. Lisa Baumgarten on November 8, 2013 at 5:12 pm

the metal collar could be DIY for a feed bucket from a tractor supply store

4. Krista on November 8, 2013 at 11:41 am

Love everything about this tree! Beautiful job. I especially love the twig addition at the top, nice detail!

5. Kim Bishop on November 7, 2013 at 9:19 am

I love the tree! Can you tell me where you got the fabric for your stockings? I’m obsessed:) Always love your posts!

6. Sunny Brackeen on November 5, 2013 at 7:23 am

Love your tree! Where are the stockings from?

7. Jess on November 5, 2013 at 7:17 am

LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! I am now inspired to redo our Christmas tree!!!

8. Sarah Parker on November 4, 2013 at 12:33 am

Just beautiful! I’ve been sticking to this theme for a few years, and although I keep saying I need a change, I keep coming right back to it. I just love the mix of rustic and glam!

Can I pick your brain about your stockings? I love the pattern of that fabric. 🙂

9. Gena in Texas on November 3, 2013 at 4:16 pm

Love it!!! I didn’t get to decorate last year so I am SO excited to get started this year! I also use burlap garland but I did DIY. I cut strips from burlap feed bags and it looked great! Thanks for the inspiration!

10. heatherbquinn on November 3, 2013 at 9:24 am

I love that your tree is rustic but still has that “bling” from the gold decorations. My favorite part is the galvanized tub tree stand – is there a hole drilled in it or did you just set the tree on top of a tub?

• Shanty2Chic on November 3, 2013 at 9:41 am

Thank you Heather! That is actually a tree collar from Crate and Barrel. It’s basically a bucket without a bottom and you set the tree stand inside:)

11. theidearoom on November 2, 2013 at 9:58 pm

I love it!! You did such a great job! And I seriously laughed when I saw your metal bucket! Great idea!! Great minds… 🙂

• Shanty2Chic on November 2, 2013 at 10:05 pm

Lol! Yes:). Your’s is gorgeous too:))) the metal buckets make them I think!

12. salvagesisterandmister on November 2, 2013 at 4:14 pm

I LOVE IT! The decorations are so great and I love the bucket

13. Rhoda Southern Hospitality on November 2, 2013 at 7:54 am

Ashley, I love, love your tree! Great job, it came out so pretty!

• Shanty2Chic on November 2, 2013 at 8:38 am

Thank you Rhoda! I love yours too!!!!!

14. Tammy Braswell on November 1, 2013 at 2:04 pm

Love your tree especially the burlap garland and grapevine balls!

15. carolyn Savage on November 1, 2013 at 1:57 pm

Halloween stuff is put away and my mind is ready for Christmas. Your tree was the perfect inspiration to get going. Also a good reminder that now is the time to hit the stores to get some new ornaments. Loving the rustic look. I too would love to know about the metal bucket stand!!

• Shanty2Chic on November 1, 2013 at 6:20 pm

Love it Carolyn!!! Check Crate and Barrel for the tree collar! whit picked up one for each of us last week and it just makes the whole tree! Worth the splurge;)

16. Chacha Garcia on November 1, 2013 at 1:52 pm

I loooooove this Christmas tree!

17. scala eliana on November 1, 2013 at 12:53 pm

in che negozio hai comprato addobbi? sai se si può comprare in internet x italia? vorrei fare albero come il tuo… ciao brava

18. Meredith LeRoy on November 1, 2013 at 12:30 pm

SOO pretty! Love the “rustic glam” look! I also want to know details about the tree stand…it’s my favorite part!

• Shanty2Chic on November 1, 2013 at 6:19 pm

Thank you Meredith! Mine too and you can find them at Crate and Barrel:)

19. Lisa Raes on November 1, 2013 at 10:05 am

What a beautiful tree, Love all the natural elements on it. ~ Lisa

20. Chrissy DiMaria Farnan on November 1, 2013 at 9:34 am

Yes!! We must know about the galvanized tin.

• Shanty2Chic on November 1, 2013 at 6:18 pm

It’s a Crate and Barrel find:) thank you Crissiy!

21. Stephanie Lee Hughes on November 1, 2013 at 9:14 am

Please share the details of the metal bucket stand! Love it!

• Shanty2Chic on November 1, 2013 at 6:18 pm

Thank you Stephanie! Whitney snagged each of us one at Crate and Barrel last week! I’m obsessed!

22. Becki @ Happy Card Factory on November 1, 2013 at 9:00 am

Yes, yes, you must tell us about the tree “skirt.” How in the world did you make that? Love your tree, you have inspired me to change things up this year.

• Shanty2Chic on November 1, 2013 at 6:17 pm

Thank you Becki! It’s a splurge from Crate and Barrel but could totally be a DIY;)

• Becki @ Happy Card Factory on November 8, 2013 at 2:46 pm

Thanks for the info! I love it so much and it IS an easy DIY. My husband told me we had three of these barrels in the shed unbeknownst to me. So yesterday we cut the bottom off two of them and since they were very well used, hit them with a light coat of spray paint – one in gold and the other silver. I have two trees up this year. I loved your tree so much I modeled one just like yours above with the exception that I used the gold collar. The other tree is our colorful “everything the kids made” with the silver one. Thank you so much for posting this beautiful tree. I have never in my life loved someone elses tree so much that I wanted mine exactly like it till now. Thank you so much for the inspiration! BTW, I am going to make the garland too. I am pretty che…*ahem*..frugal and that stuff is pretty expensive, can’t bring myself to even buy one. lol I’m sure it will be a DIY fine too. 😉

23. ck on November 1, 2013 at 8:58 am

I love it…

24. Elizabeth Hoskins on November 1, 2013 at 8:53 am

Looks great! I love how you styled your tree, it’s rustic but with sparkle! The metal tub tree skirt is great, did you DIY that? I can’t believe how quickly Christmas is approaching!

• Shanty2Chic on November 1, 2013 at 6:16 pm

Thanks Elizabeth! The metal collar is a splurge from Crate and Barrel but you could totally DIY it:)

25. astrollthrulife on November 1, 2013 at 8:48 am

I love the use of the twig balls, how fun is that. Hugs, Marty

26. lhamer on November 1, 2013 at 8:43 am

I’ve seen so many trees this morning! How fun, I can’t imagine decorating yet, but I appreciate being inspired. I have to say that I think yours is my favorite so far. I love the snowflakes, twig balls, pinecones…it just a perfect balance between nature and glitzy. Nice!