DIY Adirondack Chair – Bar Height

Hey guys!  We are super excited to share this fun project with you today!  Everyone loves a great outdoor chair, to lounge in, especially in the summer!  We’ve got a fun spin on an adirondack chair!Adirondack-Chair-DIYHow fun is this?!  It’s bar height, giant and super sturdy and comfy! I built it for our back patio and it was THE chair to fight over at our 4th of July BBQ (and my hubby has asked for more;) )

Click HERE for the FREE Plans!

Happy Building!

~Ashley and Whitney 🙂

1. Angie on May 29, 2018 at 5:57 pm

On page 5 when you cut the 17” pea green colored pieces to a 5 degree angle then put them between the 2 back legs they dont line up. You cant have 2 same length boards far apart like that at the same angle and it line up. We spent 2 hours and it all came apart at that step. Are they not supposed to be angled?

2. www.EasyWoodwork.org on May 5, 2018 at 3:52 am

I used the plans at www. EasyWoodwork.org to build mine – I highly recommend you visit that website and check their plans out too. They are detailed and super easy to read and understand unlike several others I found online. The amount of plans there is mind-boggling… there’s like 16,000 plans or something like that for tons of different projects. Definitely enough to keep me busy with projects for many more years to come haha

Go to EasyWoodwork.org – click the red link above for some more plans! Best of luck on your building adventures!

3. Pilotgt on October 24, 2017 at 6:28 pm

Would you mind sharing the SketchUp file? Thanks in advance!!

4. Brent on August 8, 2017 at 10:50 am

I hate to ask but is there anyway to get the plans in vector art?
    the pieces of wood that are needed in particular?

5. Jeff Varady on June 6, 2016 at 12:03 pm

The pictures and drawings make it appear the chair is square. The cut list shows a 5 degree bevel on the spreaders that I assume makes the front wider the the back. Is this correct?

When I was getting ready to complete step one on the plans, I discovered the reference line on the front supports are approx 2″ too high, anyone else concur?

• Jerry Arnold on June 24, 2016 at 7:52 pm

I had exactly the same problem. Maybe we’re the only ones to actually make this. The diagram says to place the seat support at 25 5/8″ but it is definitely 23 5/8″

• Jim on July 4, 2016 at 11:52 am

Yup I had the same problem

• Angie on May 29, 2018 at 6:00 pm

Just had the same problem. Was it ever figured out? The back spread of the 17” boards are at a 5 degree angle and that doesnt connect the 2 back legs when they are that far apart. Are those 17” boards supposed to be square?

6. Pam on April 20, 2015 at 3:58 pm

I want a bar height lounge chair for my balcony so I can lounge and look over my railing. Ever heard of that?

7. Jack Iwaszko on March 19, 2015 at 12:23 am

Is there somewhere I can get these plans without signing up to Ryobi nation? I created an account but it won’t let me sign in! Help!

8. Guest on July 26, 2014 at 12:04 am

Made from your plans. Giving to son tomorrow for his wedding shower!!

9. Rhonda Coleman Posey on July 19, 2014 at 11:50 am

What color is the stain??

10. Ashlee Ault on July 17, 2014 at 9:30 am

Where is that pillow from?!

11. Courtney Burge on July 15, 2014 at 12:26 pm

Could you please tell me how high the seat is on this chair? 🙂

12. Joe Cyprowski on July 10, 2014 at 5:43 pm

Tractor supply has ’em but high $$$

13. Jennifer Schmitz on July 10, 2014 at 12:56 pm

Very interesting. I have never seen a bar height Adirondack before. Yours turned out nice!